duramat    462

Bongo,

Love the personal license plate on the trailer!

X2!! :thumbsup:

Bongo Fury    640

Bongo,

Love the personal license plate on the trailer!

Nice catch Troy.....I did not notice it in the picture.

chenige    84

Amazing how it works. Here in michigan I am sitting looking out at our lake wishing I could take the boat out. But it is supposed to rain all day.

The Great Lakes are all back to normal levels from a few years ago when the experts said they would continue to drop.

Bongo Fury    640

Our boat has been off the lift for almost a month. We may get out today and that will probably be it for us this year. :crybaby:

Flew over Shasta this week. Very very sad picture from the air.

Edited by Bongo Fury

guido8000    7

Man this drought is a drag for a lot you folks. Hope next year returns to normal.

Trust me tho I feel your pain. Been boating for 40 years here in NM. But we have been going thru over 15 years of drought. Top that with lawsuits between Colorado and Texas for rights to the same water. Since TX and CO have much better attorneys than NM has and the fact that Water Pacts between state were done in the 30's (85 years ago) has left our reservoirs at historic lows. If it makes any of you feel any better we keep our boat in Washington State and have to drive over 1400 miles to use it for 2-3 weeks out of the year. We just don't have enough water here in NM to count on being able to use the boat here.

Times are sure changing. Cheers!

poidog1    74

Went to lake Turlock out in Modesto and was surprised that it was full and it only had about 6 boats on the water. Dang Troy , you holding out on us?!?! You have a killer lake in your area and it's FULL!!!

Troy. R    198

Haha!

I haven't been there in years. Maybe I should go check it out. In general, Turlock, Modesto, and Woodward reservoirs are maintained at a constant level. They're used for area farm irrigation and fed by the larger lakes up the hill like don Pedro and New Melones.

Troy. R    198

During the winter we do go to Modesto Reservoir from time to time. It's close and there's nobody else there except for the occasional floating duck blind.

poidog1    74

With the way those farmers are flooding those fields, you won't think we are having a drought. Everyone is cutting back on water and letting their yards die mean while the farms are business as usual. Last year we went to Modesto res just days before duck season started and was shocked at the huge floating blinds these guys put up. When we got on the water my buddy yelled at me "HEY WATCH OUT,THAT ISLAND IS MOVING!" SMH?

Troy. R    198

I'm ok with the water consumption of the farmers. We need their orchards much more than a green lawn. And water is rationed to the farms. So, theoretically, they're not over watering. Actually, water theft amongst farmers is a bit of a problem these days because of the rationing.

Edited by Troy. R

Bongo Fury    640

Well... it looks like the time has finally come to winterize the boat and put her away. We normally do this on the Thanksgiving Weekend. The boat has been off the lift now for close to two months. Our lake level is measured by what is called the Rumsey guage. For perspective a full lake is 7.56 Rumsey. Today the lake is minus .14 Rumsey. Most of the ramps are no longer usable and while our ramp is still open the trailer wheels are in the mud and I’m just not going to risk anything. It is such a shame as the water in the lake has been just perfect this year. Clear and warm!

Here are a couple of contrast shots. Our dock with a very full lake near flood stage in 2011, a more normal shot, and then and last weekend.

post-901-0-77553900-1410286138_thumb.jpg

post-901-0-89144700-1410286154_thumb.jpg

post-901-0-20770800-1410286177_thumb.jpg

rockballer    162

WOW that's crazy. I know the river I launch my boat at was really low last weekend. Was scared my trailer wheels would be in the mud and had to literally drag my boat into the trailer using the winch... :( There is no way my small little SUV with summer slicks was pulling a sunk trailer out of the mud. At least your dock is still in water

Bongo Fury    640

Bongo you need to launch your boat in Mesquite Nevada. Lots of water there LOL

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=31486181&section=top-story

Dura....so my boy is watching the news the other day and they are showing all the flooding around the country. He says..."Dad....God is throwing rain darts and he missed California!"

• Like 2

Nick213    583

Dura....so my boy is watching the news the other day and they are showing all the flooding around the country. He says..."Dad....God is throwing rain darts and he missed California!"

LMAO that's funny and not at the same time.

enzo101mo    98

I have been so bummed out this year only put my boat in the water on Memorial Day weekend. I took my jet boat out on Labor Day but I was to choppy to Enjoy. I can't even remember the last time I was on Crew

duramat    462

LMAO!!

Bongo Fury    640

Winterized and down for the winter...thanks Mother Nature. Our season is done! Only 65 hours this year!