Bongo Fury    640

Up at the lake this weekend. I guess we are lucky its a natural lake as there is still water in the lake ....bass boats are out all the time. Our lake is still crazy low.....we measure how full it is by something called Rumsey...anyway....right now our normal Rumsey reading for this date should be around 6....we are at 1 even after the heavy rain of a week ago. We have a long way to go and are running out of time.

poidog1    74

Hey bong, my buddy who has a place in soda bay was showing me pictures of Clear Lake and half his platform is stuck in the mud. I've never seen it that low. We're going to be screwed. I might not even go to lakes this summer.

mancho    85

I think if that M were a B, 678 billion could pipe some water n ice from another planet. That does look like a state of emergency, no sprinkler action or outdoor water use of ANY kind?

Check out this scary map: http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu

Carter13    69

We have way behind annual rainfall and snowpack untill a few weeks ago. Good to go now thanks to mother nature.

Bongo Fury    640

Hey bong, my buddy who has a place in soda bay was showing me pictures of Clear Lake and half his platform is stuck in the mud. I've never seen it that low. We're going to be screwed. I might not even go to lakes this summer.

Gets really shallow at Soda Bay …especially by the State Park. There is a sand bar right outside the 5 mph buoys near the boat in entrance to the park….its is visible now but last year it was just below the surface.

• Like 1

enzo101mo    98

Not much rain fall at all in the central coast. The hills are trying to grow grass but need another go rain fall. The Deer in our area are starving for food. this drought is really going to effect the wild animals here. I have been bring alfalfa hay up to the lake house for the deer. They are so hungry that they stick their noses in the large trash bags as I distribute the hay. I can actually pet them on there nose and they let me. I am starting feel like Father nature.

Nick213    583

Lol good for you Enzo!!!

That's the things I like too hear people doing what they can to get through this!

enzo101mo    98

Thanks Nick.. They are predicting rain for Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and 3 to 4 inches so keep our fingers crossed we need it badly

poidog1    74

Not much rain fall at all in the central coast. The hills are trying to grow grass but need another go rain fall. The Deer in our area are starving for food. this drought is really going to effect the wild animals here. I have been bring alfalfa hay up to the lake house for the deer. They are so hungry that they stick their noses in the large trash bags as I distribute the hay. I can actually pet them on there nose and they let me. I am starting feel like Father nature.

Hey Enzo, its illegal to feed the deer. The fish and game will give you a citation if they catch you. But I think I'd do the same, just wanted to put it out there.

enzo101mo    98

Yes you probably right because of the hunters. I never thought of it being illegal hopefully this rain we get will get the grass to grow

Spud    7

Nice Enzo, Deer here are going bonkers... Rained pretty good here last night, and Rocky Butte got just under 3".

WickedC4    12

Well, good foot work on all the rain dancing guy :yahoo:

yamahakid    1

My feet hurt but still dancing lol let it rain

Bongo Fury    640

Keep on dancing my friend....I'm at the lake and it has come up a little.......very little......we need 40 days and 40 nights

enzo101mo    98

Hey since it started to rain on Wednesday evening we have gotten 4" of rain at Lake Naciemento

• Like 1

Nick213    583

Hey since it started to rain on Wednesday evening we have gotten 4" of rain at Lake Naciemento

:):)

Spud    7

It's been dumping.

Bongo Fury    640

Same piling on our dock. 2011 and this morning.

post-901-0-35184400-1393702405_thumb.jpg

post-901-0-32969700-1393702421_thumb.jpg