Bongo Fury    640

Thanks H….I'll talk to Travis about your suggestions!

Troy    234

Very Nice guys!!!!!

Troy    234

Metal fabricator came over tonight and took my factory trim plate with him to build my addition. He is going to lengthen the factory on to 13" and add the wing to it. So after he is done it will be the same size as everyone else's. Can't wait. I'll post pictures when I get the finished product. And he said the factory plate was stainless not aluminum like I thought it was.

Troy. R    198

Cool Troy!

I thought it was stainless when you said aluminum...

• Like 1

grandpa    11

In the process of installing mine today. Thanks Kriss and Dura this thing looks awesome!! I can see how the extra 20 pounds of the plate alone is going to help lol. I have a question for you guys out there with the adjustable plates. I have only the fixed plate currently. What is the reason, or is there ever a time where you adjust your plate up past level or flat. Obviously this mod is to push down on the prop wash to get it away from the curl on the goofy side. But is there a reason or need to have it go up past flat? Just thinking about where I want to mount the Lenco to the plate to be most effective with the travel. Kriss has it going 2 inches down and 1.75 up. Back in the day I would need to trim up the old 15' Baja V hull to get the nose up and out of the water to go fast, but I don't see going 85 mph in this boat, and could only think it would porpoise at the speeds we travel. When do yall use your plate in the up position and how much do you really need to go? If it is to get the rear end to squat (if it does that), I think I can do that with my ballast.

Troy. R    198

I've only had the boat out once with the A plate and none of the three of us that surfed liked it below level.

When I mounted mine, I mounted the plate/hinge to the hull and the lenco to the plate. Then I pushed the plate up as far as I could until the plate hit the port side exhaust flange, leaned the lenco up against the transom (with the upper mounting bracket installed), and marked the mounting bracket location. That way, I get maximum upward movement and full range of useable downward movement.

kriskussee    9

hooking up electrical later today on mine... Up allows the stern to drop causing the port wave "regular" to become more steep (I think Troy said in this post, when he was out he was riding with the plate somewhere "half" between full up and level; +/- 1" up? - mine hits the exhaust port @ full up). From what I read and saw of how the factory sets up the adjustment splitting the difference with a little more down was the way to go - the A plate is all about the starboard "goofy" side, it may clean up the port side as Troy found and allow a little change in the dynamics, but to deflect the plate down more than 2" seemed to me to be excessive (ah, if I am wrong i'll fill the holes and move the mounting position of my bottom ram a little). Get off this thread and get to work Grandpa if you hurry you could be in the water tomorrow and then we will all know. - Maybe check with Phil Lewis to see how much down stroke he put in his... If I get to my electrical before you do, I let you know how the factory pre-wiring is setup.

Edited by kriskussee

grandpa    11

I need a second pair of hands for those bolts going through the hull. Grrr!! Why is everybody working in the daytime?

phillewis    39

I don't have the measurements with me, the boat is still buried in the shop... still snowing here in Boulder :(

But, I have found that we run the plate almost all the way up... which is definitely above level with the hull. When I move the plate down past level, it really squashes the wave. Nice to have the adjustability, but we are all surf style, and I'm going for the tallest and steepest wave possible.

Hope that helps!

plate1.JPG

plate2.JPG

phillewis    39

Those pics were prior to cutting off the starboard side wing... which was a huge improvement!

duramat    462

I knew I should of kifed that wiring harness from grandpas care package! Hoping to wire mine today/tomarrow as well! Trying to decide on wire to use (14/2 SO cord, 14 stranded individual, or 14/3 from HD for $25 or buy 50' black extension cord 14 awg for $15 and use what I need LOL

Grandpa, do you have nuts on the inside? (Dang that sounded funny!) LMAO! I think Firsttimer said he had nuts on the inside of his Avy. I didn't have nuts (insert joke here).

Glad you like how it turned out!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

grandpa    11

So what you are saying is that the Avy's have the nuts, and Elite V's don't Lol. Trying to understand... so the plate up or down changes the height and length of the wave, and the asymmetrical part cleans the top? I was under the impression that the key was tilting it down to push the wash under the wave out to the back of it.

Bigcatpt    408

So Elite V's are girls....and Avalanches are boys? That's kinda like Almond Joys and Mounds! LMAO

grandpa    11

All done with the install. I just copied where Kris mounted his. Took a total of about 3 hours to put in. Thanks again Dura and Kris for putting the kit together. It was pretty much plug and play how yall shipped it. A little rain with a cold front so will probably take her out later this week to check out.

• Like 1

Ramzety    1

Kriskussee and I monkeyed on our boats this afternoon and were quite pleased with how its turned out so far. Heres some pics of our installs

The mounting of the Lenco's are different for an Elite-V and Avalanche. Kriskussee had more vertical clearance for mounting the upper mount than I did on the Elite V. We chose to mount his upper mount directly below the center swim paltform support where its flat on the hull, not on the bulge. Once we were able to get the upper mount situated then we toyed with a 12v. battery to extend and retract the lenco and use a ruler to see where the plate would be. Kris and I came to a conclusion that we would try to split the difference of the travel so we could get a happy medium of both ends. His plate will extend 2" below the hull and raise 1.75" up, if we dont like the performance of this then we can always move the lower mount. When Kris's is raised up all the way his is just barely touching the exhaust trim.

attachicon.gifIMG_7304.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_7305.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_7303.JPG

Grandpa, 7.5, I think your plates are gonna mount really close to how Kris's came out. here's some pics for reference.

attachicon.gifIMG_7302.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_7309.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_7303.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_7311.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_7306.JPG

Now you would think that on my Elite-V, you'd just mount evything in the same place and keep it the same, but that wasnt the case. I was able to mount my upper mount on that bulge itself, but we didnt do that with Kris's Avy. The height difference is just a couple inches different on the platform.

We decided to go with 2" below the hull and 2" above the hull on my Elite. So far Im happy with what we did. after marking out where my holes were gonna be drilled, we took my plate back off and drilled 1/4" holes for the lower mount and Counter sunk the holes so I could use countersunk 1/4-20's x 1" long. LOOKED GOOD.

The angle of the Hull for the Elite-V and Avy are the same (16 degrees), the flat part of the bottom of the hull is ALMOST the same. The Avy was only a 1/4" wider than the Elite. Thats not alot of difference (1/8" on each side) so I just decided to make the plate the same for as the Avy and call it good. An 1/8" difference isnt going to make a deal I dont think LOL When mine is fully retractred its not even touching my exhaust trim, which should come in handy for when I decide to add FAE. I want FAE, I became a believer in it after seeing/hearing it behind Dr. Nates boat in Texas

attachicon.gifIMG_7300.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_7301.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_7297.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_7299.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_7307.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_7308.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_7312.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_7314.JPG

I used 3M 4200 so I could still undo my screws if I had to for whatever reason down the road. According to 3M the 5200 sealant is super strong and considered Permanent once applied.

Dura,

Can you share where you found the hinge at? I have ordered the lenco and looking to have the tab fabricated but have not found a hinge yet.

Troy. R    198

Dura,

Can you share where you found the hinge at? I have ordered the lenco and looking to have the tab fabricated but have not found a hinge yet.

I couldn't find one of those big hinges either. I ended up cutting the fixed plate off at the end of the transom and reinstalling it then transom mounting my hinge like the '13-'14 Enzos.

Troy    234

Metal Fab guy finished the tab, I got it last night. He is stopping by tonight to trim the tab a little for the exhaust outlet. Once I get it all mounted I will post pictures! It is impressive!!!!!! He said he would have no issues making more if people are interested in them. Remember I had the factory powered trim tab, And he built me a bolt on addition out of thick stainless. Ballast addition in just the tab.

Shaka    146

Metal Fab guy finished the tab, I got it last night. He is stopping by tonight to trim the tab a little for the exhaust outlet. Once I get it all mounted I will post pictures! It is impressive!!!!!! He said he would have no issues making more if people are interested in them. Remember I had the factory powered trim tab, And he built me a bolt on addition out of thick stainless. Ballast addition in just the tab.

I'm very interested on a bolt on addition to the factory tab on my Enzo. I'm anxiously awaiting your results. Do you thing it would be much of a hassle for him to construct one with the SV230 hull angles?

kriskussee    9

Dura,

McMaster-Carr - http://www.mcmaster.com/#piano-hinges/=r6vetx - take your pick. we used 0.120" Thick Leaf, 5" (1582A409) so we could replace the whole stock "cavitation plate" if you want to screw it to the transom pick something smaller - We love how it was just a replacement and didn't have to drill any holes in the gelcoat

• Like 1

tinman    0

Phillewis is your prop rotation goofy foot (rotation clockwise) and when you cut off the starboard side did it clean up the port side wave?