Troy    234

I'm Drooling!!

x2

Troy by chance do you know what model of relays you used in your diagram and what gage of wire did you run?

Troy. R    198

I'll have to look at the invoive when I get home. I found them online by google search.

I used 14 AWG except the control circuit wiring from the switch to the relays/5 amp fuse. That comes with the switch and I believe is either 18 or 20 AWG.

duramat    462

Kriskussee and I monkeyed on our boats this afternoon and were quite pleased with how its turned out so far. Heres some pics of our installs

The mounting of the Lenco's are different for an Elite-V and Avalanche. Kriskussee had more vertical clearance for mounting the upper mount than I did on the Elite V. We chose to mount his upper mount directly below the center swim paltform support where its flat on the hull, not on the bulge. Once we were able to get the upper mount situated then we toyed with a 12v. battery to extend and retract the lenco and use a ruler to see where the plate would be. Kris and I came to a conclusion that we would try to split the difference of the travel so we could get a happy medium of both ends. His plate will extend 2" below the hull and raise 1.75" up, if we dont like the performance of this then we can always move the lower mount. When Kris's is raised up all the way his is just barely touching the exhaust trim.

post-50-0-73041900-1393053557_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-96505300-1393053566_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-86476400-1393053581_thumb.jpg

Grandpa, 7.5, I think your plates are gonna mount really close to how Kris's came out. here's some pics for reference.

post-50-0-08093000-1393053589_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-33645200-1393053634_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-86476400-1393053581_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-75644300-1393053612_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-85133000-1393053625_thumb.jpg

Now you would think that on my Elite-V, you'd just mount evything in the same place and keep it the same, but that wasnt the case. I was able to mount my upper mount on that bulge itself, but we didnt do that with Kris's Avy. The height difference is just a couple inches different on the platform.

We decided to go with 2" below the hull and 2" above the hull on my Elite. So far Im happy with what we did. after marking out where my holes were gonna be drilled, we took my plate back off and drilled 1/4" holes for the lower mount and Counter sunk the holes so I could use countersunk 1/4-20's x 1" long. LOOKED GOOD.

The angle of the Hull for the Elite-V and Avy are the same (16 degrees), the flat part of the bottom of the hull is ALMOST the same. The Avy was only a 1/4" wider than the Elite. Thats not alot of difference (1/8" on each side) so I just decided to make the plate the same for as the Avy and call it good. An 1/8" difference isnt going to make a deal I dont think LOL When mine is fully retractred its not even touching my exhaust trim, which should come in handy for when I decide to add FAE. I want FAE, I became a believer in it after seeing/hearing it behind Dr. Nates boat in Texas

post-50-0-93234100-1393053882_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-90487400-1393053891_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-18659100-1393053903_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-02187100-1393053909_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-29483100-1393053926_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-18902700-1393053935_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-33149500-1393053948_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-11537300-1393053960_thumb.jpg

I used 3M 4200 so I could still undo my screws if I had to for whatever reason down the road. According to 3M the 5200 sealant is super strong and considered Permanent once applied.

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

Nice job Dura and Kris!!! Can't wait for water test :)

Bongo Fury    640

Nice Dura! Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm still trying to figure out if one of these will make any difference on the regular side wave.

h20king    794

Bongo Troy says it makes both sides better. If you are going to get one I would install it before you do your FAE so they can change the angle of the exhaust if needed to clear the new plate

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

Exactly H…that is what we plan on doing. Troys old tab was manual so I'm not sure its apples to apples. It's not that much money but I for sure don't want to go backwards. I have not heard anyone comment on going from a regular plate on a 233 or 244 to either of the newer wing designs and the effect on the regular side.

Troy. R    198

That's true H. It made a pretty significant difference in the adjustability and cleaning the face of the wave. I should point out though, that I was coming from a fixed plate. I'm not sure what the difference would be coming from an actuated square plate. My thought is that you will still see some difference since the asymmetrical plate extends further from the transom and is considerably wider.

Bongo, have you asked WETSU? He did the switch on his 230.

Troy. R    198

Dura,

Did you modify the back side of your upper mound to follow the contour of the swim step bracket bubble?

duramat    462

Troy I didn't have to,, actually I lucked out. My upper mount is mounted on that bulge. There was enough flat space on the bulge to put my upper mount without having to do what you did. The lighting wasnt that great 45' in the storage unit so i ll have to get anoyher pic to show ya how that bubble looked on my Elite. The other option was mount it directly under the bulge which would of drastically changed the range of leverage to less, unless I went with a shorter Actuator like Philllewis did on his avy.

Edited by duramat

duramat    462

Troy in that second pic of mine (red hull) looking from above looking down you fan see the the contour of it (bubble) and how my upper mount bracket fit on it.

I should have my switch today, so I'm getting closer to finishing this :thumbsup:

Troy. R    198

Nice Dura.

Now you just need your lake to thaw!

I think we only rode the Regular side once after I put the "A" Plate on my Enzo. Everyone in my crew rides Darkside except for my kids and they don't require a lot of weight yet since they were just beginning to get to the point of going ropeless at the end of the summer last year. I did sack it out and go heelside just the once though but I can't really say if it made much of a difference in the wave since the Regular side Enzo wave is so good already and we haven't really rode the regular side very much.

Bongo Fury    640

^^^^Thanks WETSU! Anyone else have an "A" plate on an Enzo and can comment on the difference if any on the regular side?

h20king    794

H im sure all it will do to the regular wave is clean it up just a bit and give you a little more adjustment. The cost is not that much and should help with value down the road. If you are going to do it now is the time before you do your FAE. You could cut the cost down on the FAE install by using hose to replace the muffler or just have Hillside remove the baffles and you are good to go. Or the other option would be to get a cheep strait pipe from DIM