duramat    462

Shawn thats what its been looking like. I spent some time last night digging around on the internet on some other forums. Ya, your correct on the control module, I think I found a source for it out of Florida but now by the looks of it.....that module is gonna add another $250-300 to the project. I was hoping it was going to be alot less. I found a thread that somebody was wanting to do the same thing to his ...."Craft" and he found the parts...but his boat budget was alot more than mine. Mine is more along the lines of

02_09_11_kraft3.jpg?fileId=10666199

By passing on the module and indicator gauge that'll save me some coin for getting FAE later on. My goal is to be rocking that darkside like Phil and others that have the wing and FAE :unworthy:

Im thinking Im going to use a contura switch to control the Lenco that way I can set it and leave it and not have to worry about anyone accidently bumping it. (Ive been known to drive with the blinker on.......LAUGH TROY!! :thumbsup:)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIM-TABS-SWITCH-VMS-BOAT-PANEL-V1D1-BLACK-CARLING-CONTURA-II-2-WHITE-LIGHTED-/181264144638?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item2a342f58fe&vxp=mtr

Thinking on using 3/8" Aluminum for the wing tab (same thickness as factory one on the boat), Stainless Steel piano hinge like mentioned and just tap and bolt the hinge to the plates.

Troy. R    198

Haha! I think you're on the right track dura...

shawndoggy    49

That is what I ended up doing on the MB. Just went for it, no gauge. What it does to the wake is pretty obvious.

Troy. R    198

Can someone with a '13 or '14 Enzo with a winged plate or asymmetrical winged plate get some measurements for me?

I need to know how high above hull is the trail edge of the plate when it's all the way up?

How far from the trail edge of the plate is the actuator mounting bracket?

Troy. R    198

Can someone with a '13 or '14 Enzo with a winged plate or asymmetrical winged plate get some measurements for me?

I need to know how high above hull is the trail edge of the plate when it's all the way up?

How far from the trail edge of the plate is the actuator mounting bracket?

Anyone?

Dealers?

Overby? Hillside? Mello?

duramat    462

That'd be great!

Thanks trueblue.

X2!

Troy. R    198

Huge thank you to trueblue!

He just called me with the measurements. For anyone else who is interested here they are:

From the tail edge of the plate the actuator mounting point is 5"

With the plate in the full up position it is 4" from the bottom of the boat

Another thing he said is that the plate is not mounted flush with the bottom of the hull. It is about 1/2" up from the bottom.

With the exhaust location on the boats with Mercruisers I don't think you have the room to mount it 1/2" up. I think I'll go as far up as I can and still be able the raise the plate to where the tail edge is close to 4" up.

duramat    462

Thanx Trueblue!! Thanx for helping us out! :thumbsup:

trueblue    3

Your welcome hope to see some pics of your plates after there done.

Please post pics once you get it together as I am going to be doing the same this in the next month as well.

duramat    462

Diggin some more research for parts (Lencos) Spud confirmed that the kit he bought from Oldwakedude ( :unworthy::unworthy::unworthy:) was a Lenco 101 series with 2.25" stroke. I remember basically he made mention about when he was making the kits he was buying them as a set and tossing the junk plates. Pricing seems to be better this way for them. I think the kit Im gonna use is the Lenco 15001-101 kit. This kit can be found all over the web and ebay (around $400). From what I can tell it should come with 2 actuators, mounting hardware and 2 -20' cable extensions for the actuaters.(1 per person). The difference I believe between Phill's lenco model (15055-001) and this one (15001-101) is his is more Heavy duty, but Troy and I think this one will work fine for what were doing.

Hoping to take off my existing plate this week sometime. I still need the other stuff so im a month out or two easy before this is complete.

Edited by duramat

Troy. R    198

I finally got around to installing my plate and actuator today. I cut the old plate off at the transom and remounted it. Then I screwed the hinge of the new plate to the transom like the new Enzos with the plate level with the bottom of the boat. I mounted the lower actuator mount to the plate 8" from the transom like the factory. If I had it to do again I would have moved it out an extra inch or so to move the upper actuator mount down a little. As I have it, I had to modify the upper mount a bit because it is mounted where the transom sticks out for the center swim deck bracket. I mounted it where the plate just touches the port exhaust flange when fully up. This gave me about equal travel up and down from level (maybe a little more down, but I can't go higher anyway). I also installed the teleflex blinker style switch that they use at the factory. This makes it a little more difficult than a standard momentary up/down switch because you have to add relays to make it work, but I wanted it to look as factory as possible and I just like that switch. I ran out of time today, so I still have to terminate wires. Then test it of course.

I'll add some picks when I get to a computer, unless you want to post the ones I sent you Dura?

Troy. R    198

Also, I ended up using the standard Lenco actuator.

For anyone interested in the plate and mounting hardware, I used a 3/16" aluminum plate, stainless hinge, and all stainless hardware. 6 1/4-20 countersunk bolts with nylock nuts to hold the tab to the hinge, 1/4-20 countersunk bolts also with nylock nuts to hold the lower mounting bracket to the plate, 1 1/4" #14 screws to screw the upper mounting bracket to the transom and 10 1" #10 screws to screw the hinge to the transom.

duramat    462

Looks good Troy! :thumbsup:

post-50-0-26966200-1388763497_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-13627900-1388763502_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-62118000-1388763505_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

Nice job Troy. Thanks dura for helping with those pics.

trueblue    3

That looks awesome. It does look factory, nice job.

• Like 1

Troy. R    198

Got it all wired up yesterday. Should lake test it within the next month or so weather permitting. I'll post results once I do.