You can count me in. This is definitely on the top of my list for winter upgrades. I am very interested on the best way, and best plate to improve the goofy side.

Count me in as well if we can all put something together for better pricing. I have been researching this all over as well and am going to be pulling the trigger this winter.

WakeDirt    19

Hey troy, I like that site for the metal....I would think that a 1/4" aluminum would work just fine...maybe do 3/8" to be safe. I like how the aluminum is only 34.00$ that's not bad at all. What did they quote you to do the fab work on their end?

Then I was doing my trim tab on my MB I went with a bottom mount for the hinge. I also was going to use this foot switch...and still wish I had.http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARPAC-MARINE-TRANSOM-BOAT-TRIM-SWITCH-50-AMP-WEATHERPROOF-7-1165-/271298031359

Edited by jeep362003

Troy. R    198

What hinge did you use?

I was looking into hinges yesterday too and didn't find anything that jumped out at me.

WakeDirt    19

What hinge did you use?

I was looking into hinges yesterday too and didn't find anything that jumped out at me.

I went with a Lenco Airboat Tab http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/Lenco_15112101_Airboat_Trim_Tab_Kit.html?gclid=CIfdlb2urroCFStxQgodGEIA2g Because it can be adjusted on the actual plate to ride higher than a normal tab. I only needed it for cleanliness of the wake, the zr6 pulled just fine with the acme 1433. I just wanted to knock down a bit of spray, and have the ability to have it raise even higher than a normal tab so that there was little "lifting" of the As$ end of the boat as possible.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e282/jeep362003/b6c2d02d-5913-4ed5-b34f-4ca5382ee032_zpsb573b052.jpg

Edited by jeep362003

Troy. R    198

Jeep,

What switch did you use and how did you wire it?

I'm assuming the actuator is just reversible motor like a ballast pump...

Troy. R    198

Anyone know the angle of the hull on an Avy? By my calculations it seems to be 15 deg. But looking for a sanity check before I have the plate made.

Abledaddy1    0

I have a 2013 Enzo 244 so does anyone know of a bolt on solution for the asymmetrical tab? It seems like there should be a plate that could just bolt on the factory assembly?

RVR-RAT    269

Your question is a little confusing!! If your wondering if you can take your stock trim tab off and replace it with the asymertrical tab the answer is yes. The asymertrical tab fits exactly where the stock tab mounts on the 2013. They are around $ 400

I have a 2013 Enzo 244 so does anyone know of a bolt on solution for the asymmetrical tab? It seems like there should be a plate that could just bolt on the factory assembly?

I have a 2013 230+ and did exactly what you are asking. I ordered the Asymmetric plate from Centurion and it was a direct swap for the standard plate. Took me about 10 minutes to get the old square plate off and bolt the new plate up. It was an immediate improvement on my goofy wave and easily tripled the rideable face after the plate swap.

Shaka    146

I'd love to do the same for an older SV230.

Abledaddy1    0

perfect can you just order them directly from the Centurion website or call the manufacturer directly? thanks for all the feedback guys. It seems a little expensive for a piece of bent metal but if it increases the goofy side that much it will be a good adjustment.

If anyone has the exact measurements i could always try to fabricate one as well. it seems like i saw several different numbers being tossed around and the cost was around $40 for the materials.

thanks again.

perfect can you just order them directly from the Centurion website or call the manufacturer directly? thanks for all the feedback guys. It seems a little expensive for a piece of bent metal but if it increases the goofy side that much it will be a good adjustment.

If anyone has the exact measurements i could always try to fabricate one as well. it seems like i saw several different numbers being tossed around and the cost was around $40 for the materials.

thanks again.

thanks again.

Have to get it through either your dealer or from Shell at Centurion. It was expensive for what it is since it is just the plate being replaced as a direct bolt on replacement. It is a direct replacement for hulls where the plate is bolted to the back of the transom and not under the hull. I thought about the modification route but opted for the factory look with the A plate.

Troy. R    198

How would you wire an analog trim gauge with a Lenco actuator?

• Like 1

shawndoggy    49

Lemme know if you figure that one out. Very interested myself.

BenHolloway    29

How does the Asym plate impact the Reg. wave?

The A plate does not effect the Regular side wave at all. Strictly significant improvement for the Goofy side.

BenHolloway    29

The A plate does not effect the Regular side wave at all. Strictly significant improvement for the Goofy side.

What I wanted to hear, I dont surf goofy but seems like a worthwhile mod as long as it dont crew up my side.

duramat    462

Looking for an answer to this myself. Not having much luck on info to to wire a gauge to the Lenco.

Currently trying to round up all the info for this very same project for my Elite V

The angles are basically the same for both Elite V and Avy. The only slight difference is the Elite is like 1/2" less on the width of the bottom of the hull (flat bottom part that the trim tab bolts too)

Anyone with experience with a trim gauge on a Lenco?

shawndoggy    49

Looking for an answer to this myself. Not having much luck on info to to wire a gauge to the Lenco.

Currently trying to round up all the info for this very same project for my Elite V

The angles are basically the same for both Elite V and Avy. The only slight difference is the Elite is like 1/2" less on the width of the bottom of the hull (flat bottom part that the trim tab bolts too)

Anyone with experience with a trim gauge on a Lenco?

My experience is limited to installing a lenco tab and actuator on my MB. MB also uses the lenco actuator and tab (custom size) on the boats. The boats come with a gauge on the dash. However there's some sort of proprietary lenco box that translates to the gauge. Lenco won't sell that box... they say go to MB. MB says they only sell the box as part of their proprietary trim tab kit. So I can't get the part by itself.

But if you don't mind an extra switch that doesn't do anything, the lenco LED switches are the way to go. You just can't get them in a single switch, so you'd have a blank dummy switch hanging there.