Sign in to follow this  
PayCheck

Dodge vs. Chevy

truekaotik    458

Like Ford... Lol

Just cause I have a Lincoln LS... And Ford trucks are easier to do remote starts on... Lol...

Had a ford truck and that dog lasted forever... Buddy had a Ford Mark VIII and the tire fell off like Nick mentioned... Lol

Honestly guys it's the luck of the draw anymore with any product to be honest....... :)

Nick213    583

Yes but it had me grinning ear to ear yesterday.

• Like 1

PayCheck    20

Well were in kind of a split decision here. Mother wants a bigger, nicer, certified pre owned ford. The father and I want a new Chevy. The price differential is blatantly obvious at our 2 local dealers... That's why we probably won't buy a new ford. Nick, I will have to show that to her glad you mentioned it :thumbsup:

Edited by PayCheck

RhuntIII    555

Pay, Don't forget. When Momma happy everybody happy.

Who came up with that "So true" statement anyway?

PayCheck    20

I've heard it "happy wife happy life" I guess it's the same however you put it :thumbsup:

Just bought a brand new 2014 Ford F-150 Lariat FX4 with the Sport package and Ecoboost motor. I know you said you weeded out Ford but, i am getting 19 mpg around town and saw 23.4 on the highway. Hooked the boat up and was getting 17 mpg towing at 65mph. I also have a 2002 Dodge 1500, 13 mpg uphill, downhill, towing, dont matter 13 is what it does. Someone mentioned the Trans on the dodge, yea on my 3 one with 92K miles. Only towed my boat with the dodge 2X only used it as my hunting truck and I wish I would have bought another ford. To answer your question IMHO, go Dodge their motors are very strong and run very well, just got to be careful with the trans, but still the #1 truck in America right now. CHEVY, can hear every valve yell, there motor blow all the time use brand new chevy 1500, 2500, 3500 as patrol cars here at work and they go to the shop at least once a month for crazy stuff.

WickedC4    12

Thegerman618, What's the HP and torque your getting out of that f150? And is the inside nice?

Nick213    583

-thegerman618 I'll respond with no response lol!!! ;)

Chevy for life!!!:)

Edited by Nick213

dkelly    3

I drive a 2011 Dodge 2500 diesel and it's a beast. this is my second Dodge and I will buy another. Use to drive Ford but for me there is no comparison anymore. Gonna buy my son a Dodge truck next year for his 16th. Love the way it pulls and it looks tuff. Good luck with your decision.

"i'd rather be cumin than stroking"

PayCheck    20

well were not getting a lariat fx4... that would be over 50k. but i think were pretty hooked on dodge, test drove one and loved it. company cars, i dont know if this is an accurate statement, but more often i feel they are mistreated by the driver because theyre not paying to get them fixed nor does the driver deal with maintenance. i was told by a boat dealer that they have had 6 chevy 1500s in the last decade and have loved all of them.

-thegerman618 I'll respond with no response lol!!! ;)
Chevy for life!!! :)

thats a good way to respond :thumbsup:

truekaotik    458

Haha this thread is silly..

jdb11386    1

Just remember Ford is the only company that puts a circle around the problem

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Skibumm    184

I have a 2003 yukon with the 5.3 that has 213,000 miles and still going strong. I've put a water pump and fuel pump in as well as replaced all the exhaust manifold bolts as they tend to break. It tows my boat well and gets 16 mpg doing it. Granted my boat is smaller. Whne the motor does dye I will be getting a new motor and dropping in it, as my wife loves it. I also have a toyota FJ that I tow with and it tows fine but the mileage sucks on it and that is the main complaint I hear about the tundra as well. My buddy just bought the Ford ecoboost 6 cyclinder and it goes like crazy and the room in the back is insane. I really like the ford. My brother in law has a dodge and it runs fine but rides like a hay wagon compaired to the 3/4 ton fords and chevys.

elc    2

16 mpg towing anything with a 1/2 ton is pretty impressive. Do you tow down hill both ways?

Edited by elc

islander033    2

That's right... they GULP! lol

So, why not check out Ford or Toyota(out of curiosity)? I'm not trying to sell you on the ford though, I'm actually having issues with my 2006 right now. Trans/fuel system issues.

2006 Ford having problems? That's unpossible!

Either way OP, buy the flavor that you like the best. All the new trucks 1/2 ton or larger will get the job done.

PayCheck    20

Anyone have experience pulling their boats with a 2013/2014 suburban and the 5.3L? We have changed things up a bit. A suburban is more ideal

h20king    794

Forget the 5.3 just not enough power. if you tow short distance with no hills then it would be OK

Nick213    583

I tow my boat and gear with my 5.3 L silverado everywhere up and down hills, 75 mph on the hi way but steep hills it dose it but struggles a little. You just gotta takes them a little slower then you'd like. Most boats are towed with the 5.3L or the older 5.7L from what I see at the camp grounds anyway.

Nick213    583

H20, not everyone can go buy a big a$$ diesel just to go to the lake. Heck shaggs tows his boat with a little 6 cylinder Tacoma!!! Pay the suburban will work great for your needs!!!