mancho

Mancho's used boat search...

mancho    85

OK ok, we all KNEW I'd fall in love with the monster wakes at the CCC event. Time to sell the '98 Elite V Drive and get a bigger/newer boat for our crew.

I really loved Grandpa's boat, it's the right weight, size, length, wake, etc. Not that I don't like Admin's or Dr Nates or any other boat that showed (I only rode on 3), but I can only afford about 22 feet and 5 plus years older than this year 2013)

So hence I'm starting a thread for MY BOAT, so I might be a little lean on locations (this isn't a CL thread :) BUT I would love any input you guys have, think or can inject.

Here is MY starting criteria ... subject to change:

- A Deep Hull 4Klb boat, not the '98 thin' hull for slalom!

- Length: 22 feet or about that

- Quick Fill / AND Goofy wake at least decent no required pro level (we're worn out on half hour fill times and manual bag crap)

- Stereo Upgraded will be a big plus (Those wetsounds aren't cheap but they sound great!)

- Lower hours on the engine (but not a deal breaker for the right boat)

- Budgeting between 20K and 30K

What I've seen that I like: The 03 to 07 or so Avalanche seems pretty much in my range, with 4K dry weight (will work on our existing lift of 4,100 lbs).

I was pleasantly pleased with Sideswipe and it's not a downer for me as I might had originally thought. Not that bad in the boat.

I'm not turned off on lighter boats (the Air Warrior for example) but that just means we need to pump more weight on the boat (ballast). Boo

I'm not against driving a state or three away from Texas for the right deal. Unless I save a whopper, I'm not going to ship a boat for $1,200 to $1,500 unless I can save that money on the sales price.

Yeah, I'll need a trailer too, even tho we have the slip/lift.

Let me know if you see something ..other than what I post on CL Finds thread! LOL

Feel free to PM me as well if something "Changes" in your world as well.

RhuntIII    555

Mancho, seek the Avy and nothing less.

I know you are the search guru on the interweb, I used searchtempest.com to find my boat plus onlyinboards.com and boattrader.com to find mine.

I knew you would get bit this weekend. Good luck I'm excited for your search. Don't buy the yellow Avy around Houston/Galveston.

Had a blast last weekend. Glad you made it down it was good hanging with y'all again.

mancho    85

Reese I enjoyed the crew you ride w as well as the others. Dr Nates limo is the bomb, along w Admins... Those are some enormous wakes fer suah.

However I do seek the avy, it's the truth, the way. Lol at least that's what the bank says.

Other deals are starting to pop up as peeps get their feelers out for sellin their boat. I know we're goin to find the right one soon. I'm just hoping its a killer deal so I have some spare nickel to fix anything I see that needs repair.

I talked with the guy in Houston with that air warrior and he knows the market very well ....he realizes there is only 4 of those on the market at the moment and his is the lowest.... so he's going to hold out a 33 for sometime perhaps even until the spring.

I'm still fumbling the dice and waiting for a better roll but we shall see... Oh avy, where art thou??

Edited by mancho

superdtf    68

If you double your budget you can have my super bitchen 2008 Enzo with Switchblade, 6.2, and enzo sac's.

mancho    85

If you double your budget you can have my super bitchen 2008 Enzo with Switchblade, 6.2, and enzo sac's.

Yes, I know because you're itching for the 2014! I would love to get behind a blade, but sadly, that is double my budget and I'd have to not only sell my car and ride in a 2K, 8 year old jeep, I might actually have to start working!! ahhhh we missed you at the meet super.

mancho    85

So WOW< boats are more expensive on the west coast. I can find a very very similar boat in say, tennessee and it's 8K less.

I'm gonna have to make a master spreadsheet w CL finds for the next 6 months. Sigh.

Funny how all of the ads say their wake is the best! :D

• Like 1

mancho    85

I talked with the guy in Houston with that air warrior and he knows the market very well ....he realizes there is only 4 of those on the market at the moment and his is the lowest....

Thats Crap. (i'm calling my own threads BS lol) After doing a wee bit of research, he means the only 4 on the market that is less than a days drive to to get it. There is many, I just was too locally focused. This will be at least more bargaining power, because I'll know what's out there.

Bongo Fury    640

What I've seen that I like: The 03 to 07 or so Avalanche seems pretty much in my range, with 4K dry weight (will work on our existing lift of 4,100 lbs).

mancho.....for what it’s worth.....be careful to be sure whatever you buy will work on your lift. When you bought the lift I remember some back and forth about going bigger than you need in case you upgrade. A 4,000 pound boat on a 4,100 pound hydohoyst will be cutting it very close. Gas, stereo, gear, etc all adds up fast. My shallow water hydohoyst is rated to 5,000 lb.. My 233 is 4600 lb. dry. We are over 5,000 with gas and gear. To be positive it worked okay before buying the new boat we put the demo boat up on the lift and filled a couple of sacks to add extra weight. It works, but I would not go any further. If I could do it over again I would have got the 6,400 lb lift. Thats why we got the 233 instead of the 244. I suggest if you buy local you put the boat on the lift before you buy. If it’s from far away, find a boat thats the same weight as what you want to buy and put it on your lift. It’s the only way to really know how well it will handle it.

Excited to watch your boat search......good luck!

First timer    19

I'm in the works right now of trading my avy in on an Enzo, but the rev 10's are staying with me. I'm just trying to get what I owe. Don't know if you've seen rhunt's, but mine is exactly the same.

RhuntIII    555

I'm in the works right now of trading my avy in on an Enzo, but the rev 10's are staying with me. I'm just trying to get what I owe. Don't know if you've seen rhunt's, but mine is exactly the same.

First, Your boat is wrecked?! :crazy:

Edited by RhuntIII
  • Like 1

Troy    234

This looks like a nice boat and advertised here on CCC http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/classifieds/item/143-2007-centurion-avalanche-c4-wakeboard-boat/. It is a west coast boat over an east coast boat though. I heard back in the day when both plants were open that the west coast plant didn't build the quality of boat that the east coast plant did. Personally I think the boatmate trailer is a better trailer also.

Bigcatpt    408

First, Your boat is wrecked?! :crazy:

that is so funny.....and so not funny all at the same time. :thumbsup:

truekaotik    458

I will keep an eye out for one in my tri sate area that I can go see before you ship....

mancho    85

mancho.....for what it’s worth.....be careful to be sure whatever you buy will work on your lift. When you bought the lift I remember some back and forth about going bigger than you need in case you upgrade. A 4,000 pound boat on a 4,100 pound hydohoyst will be cutting it very close. Gas, stereo, gear, etc all adds up fast. My shallow water hydohoyst is rated to 5,000 lb.. My 233 is 4600 lb. dry. We are over 5,000 with gas and gear. To be positive it worked okay before buying the new boat we put the demo boat up on the lift and filled a couple of sacks to add extra weight. It works, but I would not go any further. If I could do it over again I would have got the 6,400 lb lift. Thats why we got the 233 instead of the 244. I suggest if you buy local you put the boat on the lift before you buy. If it’s from far away, find a boat thats the same weight as what you want to buy and put it on your lift. It’s the only way to really know how well it will handle it.

Excited to watch your boat search......good luck!

This is really good Point Bongo. I put in a call to my Hydrohoist guy, he said we can add another pontoon to our lift. And you're exactly right the lift would not be sufficient. Brand-new pontoon, Id pay 2k... He said I can get a used one for about a grand including installation

mancho    85

East TX 2003 Avy $20700.99. 200 hours but its a 21 footer

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/boa/4046955757.html

Yes this is a great boat, however it was sold two weeks ago already... the ad is still up even though the guy said he tried to remove it. Sold for 20,200

mancho    85

You realize you get more money in a private sale, than trading in? Right?

chenige    84

Yes this is a great boat, however it was sold two weeks ago already... the ad is still up even though the guy said he tried to remove it. Sold for 20,200

How is this 2003 AVY different than my/your 2000/1998 Elite V?

Edited by chenige

truekaotik    458

How is this 2003 AVY different than my/your 2000/1998 Elite V?

Deep V hull that doesn't flatten toward the back of the boat as much and it's 22 feet long.post-3318-0-21230600-1380029362_thumb.jpg (iPhone pic) Edited by truekaotik