Sign in to follow this  
CrewAdmin

ANNOUNCEMENT: Centurion World Wake Surfing Championship & Wake Surf Awards Ceremony

CrewAdmin    192

DTKB.jpg

The Wake Surf Awards and the World Wake Surfing Championship Award Ceremony will follow the
World Wake Surfing Championship tournament on Lake Las Vegas at the Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa.
Come celebrate the year in wake surfing and watch as $100,000 cash is awarded to the best wakesurfers of the year.
Reserve your spot to this formal event today by clicking HERE. Formal Dress Strongly Encouraged, Jackets for Men
and Evening Gowns/Dresses encouraged for Women.
Get the latest news on the 2013 World Wake Surfing Championship by liking the Facebook page.

I guess I might have been the only person to watch a good portion of the event today. I think the coverage was really good. The quality was as good as ESPN. I have not seen any comments from anyone here on crew about watching it this year.

At 7:30 PST time they are going to start the WakeSurf Awards, according to the Announcing team it is a formal event with Red Carpet and all the trimmings. But the riders where reminded to bring their boards along for the Podium Shots. So I guess it a "Formal with Boards" event tonight.

Anyway it is also going to be streamed on the same link as the event. So this way we can all see who the 2013 World Champions are at the same time.

Kevin Baugh    78

I watched a bunch yesterday and I have to agree it was Very professionally done!!

DarksideR    1,679

I too watched a bunch yesterday. Used my Smart TV to watch it, I never use it for web stuff, but thought I'd try and it was pretty awesome. Quality of the live feed was sub par on the big screen, but as stated, the event itself was VERY professionally put together. Instant replays after runs were great, the only thing that kept happening that bugged me was the chase boat getting in the way of the shot. But other than that, it was great.

Kevin Baugh    78

"the chase boat getting in the way of the shot " Yeah if I had a complaint that would be it

The director did a better job this year of cutting the shot to another camera quickly than he did last year so that Press Boat was not as bad, but still not perfect. I liked the shots from the Bridge from overhead, those where pretty cool.

The awards event was pretty neat as well. Seeing them layout $100,000.00 on the stage in Cash Bundles was over the top. But it did run really late out here on the east coast.

Also big congratulations to Drew for winning his 7th Worlds! He is amazing!

That wall of boards was pretty amazing as well to see. Lots of variety of brands, styles, and colors. Seems to be more and more manufacturers getting involved in Wake Surfing.

Kevin Baugh    78

"The awards event was pretty neat as well. Seeing them layout $100,000.00 on the stage in Cash Bundles was over the top"

Nice touch!!

Bongo Fury    640

Really sorry I missed it. Loved watching it last year. Helped them sell me a new boat!

WakeDoc    471

Weather was bad on Saturday so we decided to spend part of the day watching the contest and catching up on a few series we record, so we set up the projector and parked it on the couch for the afternoon. We had to head out from a dinner engagement, so we did not get to see the end of the contest or awards. Was a good broadcast, Funny thing is, we noticed one of he commercials had our boat in it and the company that used the footage did not bother to tell us about it.

gallery_66_113_25467.jpg

• Like 1

DrNate    426

Dang, I'm sorry I missed this. I enjoyed watching the footage last year. I guess I'll go look for the results now

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..