CDABOAT

SAFE TO SAY WITH GOLD BEARINGS (OIL BATH) BY UFP

BenHolloway    29

thanks dude, that's what I needed guess I'll order parts tomorrow...

BenHolloway    29

Volz where did you order from, I was going to order from pacific but they have terrible reviews...

volzalum    280

I ordered the hybrid oil from Eastern Marine. I ordered the seal/bearing kits from Boatmate.

BenHolloway    29

Thanks I'm going to give eastern a try.

volzalum    280

I ordered from Eastern, but checking the receipt it is Trailer Parts Superstore

DarksideR    1,679

Had one of these Vault sons of beaches come off my rear right the other night and just noticed this afternoon. 1 hour before anything closed for the next two days. Found a replacement over an hours drive away.... at an MB dealer. Guy was nice enough to wait for me to come get it and the "hybrid grease". Saved my planned surf sesh tomorrow night! Will the issues ever stop!? LOL. This boat has been one little issue after another.

boatnut    230
Had one of these Vault sons of beaches come off my rear right the other night and just noticed this afternoon. 1 hour before anything closed for the next two days. Found a replacement over an hours drive away.... at an MB dealer. Guy was nice enough to wait for me to come get it and the "hybrid grease". Saved my planned surf sesh tomorrow night! Will the issues ever stop!? LOL. This boat has been one little issue after another.

Enzos?

Dean is a great guy

volzalum    280

Found a replacement over an hours drive away.... at an MB dealer.

The bearing buddy caps and several other press fit caps will fit in a pinch. The cheap ones that Walmart carries will also fit. On my last trailer, when I lost one in the middle of nowhere, that is what UFP told me. I managed to get one and make it in.

DarksideR    1,679

The bearing buddy caps and several other press fit caps will fit in a pinch. The cheap ones that Walmart carries will also fit. On my last trailer, when I lost one in the middle of nowhere, that is what UFP told me. I managed to get one and make it in.

Very good to know! The auto parts store one would have fit, but it had a weeping hole on the side of it that would leak grease when the spring loaded cap pushed out the slightest amount. I'm glad I found the proper one and got out on the water tonight!

Donnieb    0
On 7/5/2015 at 8:22 PM, volzalum said:

Hi Volzalum!  I saw you reply to DarksideR who lost a Vault cap. The same thing happened to me - I got home and the Vault cap was gone.  And... I can't find any Vault replacements near me in the Seattle area.  I can order one online, but I'm curious if I can merely use a typical bearing buddy cap and some marine grease.  Or will that contaminate the "hybrid" oil in my axel that the Vault was providing?  

Thanks.

Donnie 

volzalum    280

If you lost the vault cap, you will have already contaminated the bearings. I recommend cleaning and replacing with marine grease or buying a new non-leviable vault axel and replacing the whole axel.