Sign in to follow this  

fabulous    3

I have a 2006 Elite V with Black Scropion. Has anyone ever had to replace the ECM (electronic control module)?

I posted a problem with the ignition cutting out and it looks lik it may be narrowed down to the ECM, but its inconsistent, and unknown what parameters make it happen. The mechanic thinks it may be the ECM based on them checking every other possible reason. Of course, right now it won't do it again at the shop. I'm curious if anyone has had to replace the ECM? Is Centurion any help with this even though it is outside of warranty? Thanks for the help!!

Mitch925    0

I am leaning towards the same issue. I am getting a misfire and back fire. Any help would be awesome. 

InfinitySurf    302

Centurion/Fineline has been awesome to me on any items requiring warranty. I think it would be a stretch to think they would help on ECM for a 12yr old boat tho

Chexi    35

Video the problem next time it happens and show that to your dealer.  I had a hell of time with a problem that would not show itself at the dealer.  Video recorded it on the lake, emailed to dealer, and dealer mechanic said, "looke like you are getting dc voltage ou tof the distributor.  Change it."  Did, and it worked.  This was after trying to chase the problem myself for months and taking it to another dealer who could not recreate the problem, do could not diagnose it.  This was on 351 gt40 super air nautique, but the principle is the same.  Video the problem.