icehawk21

2013 Elite V C4...how much should I offer/pay?

icehawk21    1

New member to forum...looking to purchase my first ever boat and am interested in purchasing a new 2013 Elite V C4. See boat details at http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-powerboats-motorboats-2013-Elite-V-W0QQAdIdZ505036097

I live in Calgary, AB, Canada which - if you believe it - is a hotbed for boats so I'm sure prices are a little more expensive here than the rest of Canada (due to demand) and definitely higher than the US. I've never owned or purchased a boat so I'm not sure how to go about determining my initial offer to the dealer. I have purchased a number of vehicles in the past and always felt like I negotiated a good deal - but I always had dealer invoice prices available to assist me.

Anyways...I'm looking for some advice on what would be a good starting offer and final price that I should feel comfortable settling on as a purchase price for this boat. Here are the details and MSRP quoted on the spec sheet from the dealer. They are asking $55,000 + 5% sales tax. MSRP price is below.

What does everyone think?

Also - how does this boat compare as an entry-level multi-sport family boat that will mostly tube, cruise and wake-surf (all beginners) - especially with stock ballast?

Option

Price 2013 Elite V C4 (base price) $60,860 PCM EX343 5.7L engine $1,614 High Altitude Prop $71 Additional Strip on Std Gel $286 Boat Cover w/ Vent Poles $1,000 Gladiator Tower Bimini $1,129 Stainless Steel Bling-Bling Package $593 Wind Dam $264 Heater w/ 1 Hot Tube and 2 Outlets $757 Custom Stereo Upgrade (amp,sub) $1,214 2 Tower Speakers $1,871 Pro Ballast Pkg (Dual Rear Side Bags) $1,564 Swing Tongue $100 Spare Tire Bracket (Weld On) $86 Spare Tire Bracke w/ Spare Hub (Weld On) $286 TOTAL $71,695 (plus 5% sales tax) ASKING $55,000 (plus 5% sales tax)

Thanks!

Bryan

Praesto    25

If there are no hours on the boat, I could not find anything indicating there were. Then it already seems like a fairly solid price. Boat looks great I would go in and offer 50 if I was well prepared to purchase it. The figures you are using are in the united states dollar or the canadian dollar? That makes a minor difference at 55K (Approximately 2K at todays exchange rate)

duramat    462

Pics?

Troy. R    198

I'd offer $50k and negotiate from there.

Kalidgh    37

I paid below $55K for a brand new Avy C4 last year. I would offer him $48K, and not go higher than $52k

And for stock ballast...you will be ripping that out within a year and upgrading

Kevin Baugh    78

Do you care if the dealer stays in business?? If not then follow this advice "I paid below $55K for a brand new Avy C4 last year. I would offer him $48K, and not go higher than $52k" Going by the web site 52K is well below dealer cost.

sallen    3

Do you care if the dealer stays in business?? If not then follow this advice "I paid below $55K for a brand new Avy C4 last year. I would offer him $48K, and not go higher than $52k" Going by the web site 52K is well below dealer cost.

If the dealer wants to stay in business they can certainly just say 'no' to low ball offers. But who isn't going to try and negotiate the lowest price possible?

Praesto    25

Based on my zip code (Never really knew it was different) Invoice was 45K. I would start at 50K honestly because if you low ball too much, the dealer is more likely to hold to a higher price. Standard negotation tactics.

Buyer: 48

Seller: Heck No MSRP is 71. Im listing at 55

Buyer: ...ok 50

Seller: Ill go 54 for a cash transaction

Buyer: 51

Seller: 54

Buyer: 52

Buyer: 53 Cash Transaction

Seller: Ok

OR

Buyer: 50

Seller: Thats too low I can do 54

Buyer: Lets cut the crap meet in the middle and make this a cash transaction at 52

Seller: Thats my type of buyer, Deal!

For Lawls, but going too low too soon to a dealer will get them to anchor to a higher price.

Here is a good idea of anchoring if you like a good read: http://www.communicationcache.com/uploads/1/0/8/8/10887248/first_offers_as_anchors-_the_role_of_perspective-taking_and_negotiator_focus.pdf

Kevin Baugh    78

Based on my zip code (Never really knew it was different) Invoice was 45K. I would start at 50K honestly because if you low ball too much, the dealer is more likely to hold to a higher price. Standard negotation tactics.

Buyer: 48

Seller: Heck No MSRP is 71. Im listing at 55

Buyer: ...ok 50

Seller: Ill go 54 for a cash transaction

Buyer: 51

Buyer: 52

Buyer: 53 Cash Transaction

Seller: Ok

OR

Buyer: 50

Seller: Thats too low I can do 54

Buyer: Lets cut the crap meet in the middle and make this a cash transaction at 52

Seller: Thats my type of buyer, Deal!

For Lawls, but going too low too soon to a dealer will get them to anchor to a higher price.

Here is a good idea of anchoring if you like a good read: http://www.communicationcache.com/uploads/1/0/8/8/10887248/first_offers_as_anchors-_the_role_of_perspective-taking_and_negotiator_focus.pdf

"if you low ball too much, the dealer is more likely to hold to a higher price. Standard negotiation tactics."

Agreed!!

The base invoice for my zip code is $45,645.00 but with the long list of options added and of course the dealer had to pay for those, plus freight

the actual invoice grows very fast! The dealer would much prefer that you finance the boat with one of his banks.

Also keep in mind that this is a 2013 he wants to move it sure but not as much as if it was a 2012

Edited by Kevin Baugh

icehawk21    1

Thanks for all the information. Just to confirm to earlier poster...the boat is brand new, 2013, with no hours (well, 0.5 hours to be exact).

My original thought was to offer 50k and try to settle somewhere in the middle, 52-53k. After posting my original post, I came across the seedealercost.com website and used the closed US Zip Code to me (somewhere in Montana) to determine MSRP & Invoice. The prices that I posted in my original post came from the cost sheet the dealer provided me, and are exactly the same prices as listed on the seedealercost.com website. This surprised me a little bit since I'm dealing with a Canadian dealer in Canadian dollars. I would have expected the cost sheet prices to be a little higher than the MSRP prices from seedealercost.com due to the currency exchange. But our dollars have been close to par for awhile so perhaps that explains why they are the same.

The total Invoice cost from seedealercost.com for the boat with all of the included options comes to US$53,774.00. Based on this, I'm not sure if the dealer would go much below $55,000. Are there typically dealer-mfgr rebates that would still allow the dealer to profit if he sells between $52-53k.

I think I'm still prepared to offer $50k and try to settle somewhere in the middle, for a cash transaction (no financing). But I'm almost prepared to pay 54-55. Of course, there's also the sales tax but I can't do anything about that :)

My only hesitation is that I was originally looking for used boats. But even the used boat market up here is expensive - I wouldn't be able to get anything for much less than $40-45 - so I'm prepared to spend a bit more to get a new boat. In fact, my wife would prefer a new once since the dealer will take us out for a lake session to learn how to use the boat. We are new to the boating world so this is actually an invaluable service for us.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Bryan

Kevin Baugh    78

I would be surprised if they go below dealer cost on a 2013.... Unless they go by the old tried and true sales model

I lose money on each sale but I make it up in volume :laughing:

Good luck I want you to get a good deal while at the same time let the dealer make some coin

so they can pay their employees, rent, utilities, etc and have a little leftover to eat ;-)

Edited by Kevin Baugh

Kevin Baugh    78

Dealers don't get rebates after they sell the boat like car dealers do

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

In fact, my wife would prefer a new once since the dealer will take us out for a lake session to learn how to use the boat. We are new to the boating world so this is actually an invaluable service for us.

Thanks!

Bryan

That is exactly what we did when we bought our first boat. Also having a good local dealer is worth so much.....in fact for me I can't even put a dollar value on it.....all the more true when just starting out......line from an old song.....I wish I knew then what I know now...when I was younger.

Kevin Baugh    78

Good luck like everyone else said a good dealer is worth their weight in gold... well maybe silver these days :laughing:

rawinnin    73

Thanks for all the information. Just to confirm to earlier poster...the boat is brand new, 2013, with no hours (well, 0.5 hours to be exact).

My original thought was to offer 50k and try to settle somewhere in the middle, 52-53k. After posting my original post, I came across the seedealercost.com website and used the closed US Zip Code to me (somewhere in Montana) to determine MSRP & Invoice. The prices that I posted in my original post came from the cost sheet the dealer provided me, and are exactly the same prices as listed on the seedealercost.com website. This surprised me a little bit since I'm dealing with a Canadian dealer in Canadian dollars. I would have expected the cost sheet prices to be a little higher than the MSRP prices from seedealercost.com due to the currency exchange. But our dollars have been close to par for awhile so perhaps that explains why they are the same.

The total Invoice cost from seedealercost.com for the boat with all of the included options comes to US$53,774.00. Based on this, I'm not sure if the dealer would go much below $55,000. Are there typically dealer-mfgr rebates that would still allow the dealer to profit if he sells between $52-53k.

I think I'm still prepared to offer $50k and try to settle somewhere in the middle, for a cash transaction (no financing). But I'm almost prepared to pay 54-55. Of course, there's also the sales tax but I can't do anything about that :)

My only hesitation is that I was originally looking for used boats. But even the used boat market up here is expensive - I wouldn't be able to get anything for much less than $40-45 - so I'm prepared to spend a bit more to get a new boat. In fact, my wife would prefer a new once since the dealer will take us out for a lake session to learn how to use the boat. We are new to the boating world so this is actually an invaluable service for us.

Thanks!

Bryan

I don't think you are on the wrong track. Not many people will see the true dealer invoice. Plus it is not that far off from the time when dealers need to start placing orders for 2014 models so there maybe room to negotiate but if you don't ask than you wont receive.

I would also consider what others are saying as well regarding a great dealer because a great dealer that is close is a great thing.

RVR-RAT    269

I would be surprised if they go below dealer cost on a 2013.... Unless they go by the old tried and true sales model

I lose money on each sale but I make it up in volume :laughing:

Good luck I want you to get a good deal while at the same time let the dealer make some coin

so they can pay their employees, rent, utilities, etc and have a little leftover to eat ;-)

Very good point :thumbsup: The dealer may be willing to not make as much on the sale knowing that the buyer is new to boating. Therefore making it up on the service side. The new engines call for service every 25 hrs. A good chance if it's a good dealer he will take less now, and look for money on the service side of it. I'm just sayin !!!

superdtf    68

A happy dealer is worth thousands...

mancho    85

You're really lucky to have a close dealer. I'm in the 3rd/4th largest market in the USA (Dallas) and we have one tiny centurion dealer about an hour north east of town. Boat shows? They show up w 2 Enzo's and that's it. I'll never buy new because the dealer is too far for me to want to take the boat in for service.

Kevin Baugh    78

An hour away is to far??

with boat dealers I don't think you will ever see 3 or 4 Centurion or any other brand dealers in a metropolitan area like cars

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..