Shaggs

Quality Boat Covers

Shaggs    6

Anyone know of the best place to find custom fit covers for the Avalanche? I want to get a really good one that covers the swim deck and works with the tower, and possibly one to cover the tower speakers so they don't get worn out in storage over winter. I just want to have all my pooh together before Football Season, and preseason is coming soon. My boat is named The Offseason by the way as it keeps me broke when the 49ers aren't playing.

Thanks for any suggestions

Matt

superdtf    68

I'll throw yet another plug for Custom Covers at sewlong.com. Very nice work and they stand behind their work; made some repairs to our snap-on cover last month for free. Cover is five years old.

poidog1    74

Try California marine sports in suisun city. They had a bunch of older centurion covers. I think I got mine for $150-175 last year. They also go a nice selection of boards and boating equipment.

Praesto    25

do not use :2guns: Select Covers :thumbdown:

I recently purchased an "exact fit" cover from them that was cut for a completely different boat. I took it to the BBB, their FB, and blew them up about the entire thing (You can find a thread here).

Long story short they admitted they do not have exact fit covers rather "Generically fitting covers

Shaggs    6

Thanks for all the reccomendations. All the custom fit stuff I found is like 5-600 for a decent cover

superdtf    68

Thanks for all the reccomendations. All the custom fit stuff I found is like 5-600 for a decent cover

That's about right

srhoffman    0

I went with Evolution Covers back in 2011..we have a 2007 C4 and it's a glove like fit that wraps around the rub rail (so no more fading by the sun!). It was a little steep in price (~$850 or so) but considering we have to park the boat outside it was worth it. Still looks as new today as it did when we got it. Very high quality, water repelling and towable cover and I didn't have any issues when dealing with them.

I bought an Evolution Cover from Cory a couple years ago for my 08 Avy and it is such a high quality cover. You get what you pay for and you are covering a nice boat.

Skibumm    184

I have a 20 year old cover from Custom Covers/Sewlong.com and it is still in use today. Mine is a snap cover but the new ones are below the rub rail fit and the other members of my family with newer boats have them adn they are awesome. I would highly endorse thier work. They just finished a resto of my Falcon and the interior looks like it did new and the folding bimini is unbelieveable. Check them out for sure.

Praesto    25

The largest issue I find with evolution is they do not have all makes and models in stock. I sent an inquiry for my watercraft and he replied with he could not make it because he did not have the pattern.