Chevypower    1

Hey fellas, what are you guys doing to clean your boats after you pull them out of the lake???

The PO would pull the boat out, spray Babes Boat Bright and buffed it off, essentially drying, cleaning and "spray waxing" the boat and trailer all at once, and swore by it.

Currently i'm doing the same process after every trip so i'm pulling home a clean boat each trip. I"m using a produce from Griot's garage (because I use it on my cars) that is there spray on wax.

What product do you use after you pull the boat out, or do you not even spray and wipe your boat down?

Also, what product do you guys use for buffing off water spots and waxing????

• Like 1

DrNate    426

After someone introduced it to me, I fell in love with a product called "hot sauce". However, if you wipe your boat down every time it begins to get very expensive. So after some advice from several guys on here, I now make my own concoction and it is just as good and very inexpensive.

I fill a spray bottle up with half vinegar and half water. I then add about a half a cup of turtle wax to the mixture. It works like a champ. Admittedly, it does not smell as good as the Hot Sauce does :)

For wax I use Meguire's. For buffing heavily oxidized areas, I use a product that 3M makes that is a buffing compound and wax all in one. It is very labor intensive but works well.

• Like 1

Bigcatpt    408

1/4 vinegar, 3/4 water, and a squirt of liquid turtle wax in a 1 gallon pump up weed sprayer.

The vinegar cuts the hard water spots, the water thins the vinegar so its does not strip off all the old wax, and the turtle wax puts a nice smooth shine on the gel coat. I also carry a small spray bottle with the same mix minus the wax for cleaning the windows and other areas that I don't want wax on.

Way cheaper than babes or other store bought products and works just as well. The only down side is the smell of the vinegar but I don't mind it.

About every 3 times out I come home and spray some babes boat wax on and wipe it down real good.

Edited by Bigcatpt

Boat candy me and my friends that all we use

WickedC4    12

Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer works the best for the type of wax I have on the boat. (Collinite paste wax)

Kevin Baugh    78

1/4 vinegar, 3/4 water, and a squirt of liquid turtle wax in a 1 gallon pump up weed sprayer.

The vinegar cuts the hard water spots, the water thins the vinegar so its does not strip off all the old wax, and the turtle wax puts a nice smooth shine on the gel coat. I also carry a small spray bottle with the same mix minus the wax for cleaning the windows and other areas that I don't want wax on.

Way cheaper than babes or other store bought products and works just as well. The only down side is the smell of the vinegar but I don't mind it.

About every 3 times out I come home and spray some babes boat wax on and wipe it down real good.

that is exactly what I started doing last year. It works GREAT!!

superdtf    68

that is exactly what I started doing last year. It works GREAT!!

I started this year, it's the hot ticket. I use Xymol instead of turtle wax and the smell is awesome. It does make it a bit more work to make sure the kids follow up and buff out all the parts with the light wax residue, but it's worth it. It used to look really good, like new. Now it looks "just waxed" every time.

lyonboarder    4

Boat Candy Speed Gloss. After pulling the boat out, I do a quick spray with the Speed Gloss, and wipe. Speed Gloss is a "quick detailer" and also removes water spots.

My boat is waxed one side with Zaino and one side with Collinite. The Speed Gloss does not seem to be removing either wax/sealant (which is a good thing)

superdtf    68

1 Gallon Boat Candy Speed Gloss at published prices for 32 oz bottles: $94.00

1 Gallon of vinegar/water/wax mixture: less than $3.00

I'm sure the boat candy is nicer, but I'm not sure if it's $91.00 nicer...

Skibumm    184

Hot sauce about every third time other than that I just use a couple of synthetic chamoux that I have had for years. When I'm out of hot sauce I will make my own following the not so secret recipes listed above

enzo on LI    79

I started this year, it's the hot ticket. I use Xymol instead of turtle wax and the smell is awesome. It does make it a bit more work to make sure the kids follow up and buff out all the parts with the light wax residue, but it's worth it. It used to look really good, like new. Now it looks "just waxed" every time.

Used for the first time this past week as we were at table rock lake for the week. Used each time and it is awesome. Correction...no wax in the mix as I forgot that part...just vinegar and water. Added wax for this next time out.