CrewAdmin

HOW TO: Resize Photos

CrewAdmin    192

There have been several issues with space limits come up since the site was launched. There is an overall amount of content that each member can load on the site. This overall amount includes Post, PM's and pictures that are uploaded. To help conserve your space I would suggest that if you are not already doing so, you should resize your pictures. One of the easiest to use, free programs is Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP, Image Resizer. You can download it by clicking HERE, the link will download the program directly from Microsoft.

Once you have installed the program you can right click on any picture, select Resize Picture from the menu, this brings up the Resize Pictures Menu, at this point you can choose one of 4 size options or receive more choices by clicking the Advanced Button. Once you have chosen a size and whether or not you want the original picture resized or a resized copy made (click the Advanced Button for this option) click OK and the resizing will be preformed.

Suggested picture size is 640 x 480

Feel free to ask any questions?

WakeVB    0

I learned the hardway that I needed to resize, but just as a heads up...I went old school and just used Microsoft Paint to resize mine. Just go to the top and click "image" and then from the drop down click "stretch/skew" and resize it using 75% or 50% or the like. Pretty darn simple. Then resave.

renobruin    0

FYI, for those on Windows Vista, is works pretty well for resizing:

Vista Resizer

I'm on a mac... having a heck of a time resizing... any suggestions??? an example is when i go to change aviator it does take me to all my pics in the pic folder... when i click on the one i want i cant find the right option to minimize it before clicking it into the download folder on cent site... by doing nothing it rejects pic saying too big...