Sign in to follow this  
wakemeup3460

05 Cyclone-Any good for surfing?

One of these is on Craigslist for $22,500. 113 hours and no Perfect Pass and weak stereo. 3 ballast tanks. Owner never surfed with it. I'm looking for a good boat for surfing. Not a lot of discussion about Cyclones. Is this a different hull than the Avy or Enzo? How are they for surfing? Is this a good deal? Can you fit the Enzo sacs in these? Thanks.

truekaotik    458

I think that's high for no added bling and only a 20 foot boat.. Just my opinion.. Also it's the little brother to the Avy...

Audionly101    39

I believe the boat in this video is a Cyclone. Dj James Z runs a HUGE amount of ballast from what I've heard but his wave is great looking!

Yes a cyclone is the Avy's little brother. Same hull but a shorter length. Some people love that the cyclone slams if set up the same way as an Avy.

I believe the boat in this video is a Cyclone. Dj James Z runs a HUGE amount of ballast from what I've heard but his wave is great looking!

Yes a cyclone is the Avy's little brother. Same hull but a shorter length. Some people love that the cyclone slams if set up the same way as an Avy.

Is the Avy's hull different than the Enzo? If so, what is different?

truekaotik    458

A Enzo is a true deep V. A Avy flattens out toward the back...

PayCheck    20

that video made me do a doubletake when i saw how close the boat was riding to the shore. i thought for sure it was gonna a be a blooper and crash.

PayCheck    20

that video made me do a doubletake when i saw how close the boat was riding to the shore. i thought for sure it was gonna a be a blooper and crash.

what is the difference between the enzo & avy versus an elite v?

Kevin Baugh    78

"A Avy flattens out toward the back..."

Not true Avy an Enzo Hulls are VERY similar The avy hull is a V all the way to the back just like the Enzos

truekaotik    458
"A Avy flattens out toward the back..."

Not true Avy an Enzo Hulls are VERY similar The avy hull is a V all the way to the back just like the Enzos

Just repeated what someone told me.. I thought they were the same hull but was told they were not and the Avy flattened at the back... It was a reliable source too.. Hmmm...

Kevin is correct, the hull on my boat goes all the way back as a V. The Enzo hull is also a V all the way back. But I think it is a different amount of V and has some other differences it is strakes, etc. The Cyclone C4/Eclipse C4 was a shrunken down Avalanche. It was the first of the C4 models even before the Avalanche C4. Then they made the Elite V C4 a year later as a stretched Cyclone with some minor hull changes on it. The very first boat that I ever surfed behind was a Cyclone C4 and it had a really good wake.

truekaotik    458

Ok :) makes sense as I was told they are the same but different toward the back bottom of the boat.. He did mention "flatter" specifically though on the Avy compared to the Enzo... Oh well, I'm not building them so take my suggestion with a grain of salt... Just trying to help ;)