poosie    7

my 04 lightning has the type of captians chair that mounts directly to a raised fibreglass section of the boat. the chair did not come with a flip up bolster so i end up sitting on multiple life vests when surfing to see over the wind shield. would like to add a pedestal that telescopes and swivels and am curious if anyone has made a modification such as this.

superdtf    68

It's not cheap. Use the cost of the project to parlay into a new boat. BTW, my Enzo has the flip-up bolster seat, it swivels, and it's heated. Possibly my favorite non-core feature.

http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Seats-Pontoon-Furniture-Garelick/dm/attr_id.1506--cart_id.115180095--session_id.673816061--view_id.473663

Jbuck    0

I put a swivel under my seat, 03 elite same set-up as yours. It took some figuring though! I had to cut two aluminum plates one for top of adjuster and one for base of seat. The swivel has to be quite a ways off center in order for the seat to turn without hitting side of boat. I had the aluminum on hand, the swivel cost me $30-$40. Between the two aluminum plates I had to put a piece of UHMW that helps the swivel stay steady. I've had this set-up on for four years now and works great.

c22burns    3

Jbuck, Can you post any pictures please.

kylesullens    3

JBuck - I'm also very interested in this setup. Any pictures you could post would be great. Also where did you get the swivel unit?

I've got a '99 Elite V, and the lack of a swiveling captains chair is by far my biggest gripe about the boat.

I've got 2002 elite v. What do I need to do to get it to swivel? Would it be worth cutting the fibre glass stand off amd bolt aluminum stand pole that some of them have?thanks for any info