h20king    794

Funny I just saw this thread. I Just finished the process of getting custom decadence mats made to replace the snap out pieces in my boat. All that I had to do was get some clear template material. It took two pieces taped together to get the width but it was no big deal. I then just put the pieces on top of the template material and traced around it . I labeled which side was top and what color I wanted rolled it up to fit in a large tube and shipped it off. Whole process was actually quite easy. I paid $719 for all three pieces including shipping. I went with Luna silver with a one inch black border. I expect delivery sometime this week and will post a link to pics once I get it installed.

h20king    794

Also no need to cut out the template decadence can scan it

DrNate    426

all this while I'm still waiting for an email back :(

Hey, H20, can you tell me exactly what you used for the template? A link or pic would be super helpful

PayCheck    20

Well at $719 for your boat, I'm imagining at least $2,000 for our dock. And that would be only for the main section, scratch that idea they're takin my lunch money

carzin    10

Why not just throw some outdoor carpet on your dock? It's cheap and you can replace it every couple of years.

DrNate    426

I used two pieces of this stuff ten feet long taped together to get the width I needed . I traced all three pieces on the one sheet labeled it then shipped it off decadence took care of the rest http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/plastic_sheets_rolls/mylar_rolls_clear/255

Awesome! Thanks H!

Praesto    25

This is interesting post to find. I was thinking of getting a new carpet but this looks better.

My carpet is 5 years old and has a few areas that are slightly colored differently -- I was going to powerwash it and replace all the buttons and if it came out good enough just re-use it. However seeing this I am re-considering.

How perfect does the template have to be?

Also could I just trace my carpet as a template?

Thanks,

/E

DrNate    426

I used two pieces of this stuff ten feet long taped together to get the width I needed . I traced all three pieces on the one sheet labeled it then shipped it off decadence took care of the rest http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/plastic_sheets_rolls/mylar_rolls_clear/255

Should I get the 24" width or the 48"?

h20king    794

Up to you but you need it to be about six and a half feet wide and ten feet long to get all three pieces on it

Spud    7

So, basically after reading that there were templates in the process of being made, you inherited the idea and will posting pictures. This is possibly going to steer people away from a possible group buy who have been waiting patiently. See this is why group buys are left alone nowadays because instead people come to solely solicit and or take credit, which contradicts everything this site is intended for in having supporting member.... I'll proudly wait for a group buy. :p

h20king    794

Not sure how you think I jumped on the idea. I have been working on getting this done since last year. You should stick to your guns and if I was you I would wait for the group buy and see how much you save. In fact if I was you I would make my own template instead of going off mine.

duramat    462

You both have Falcon V's. How would his be any different?

Is your cockpit bigger? (No pun intended) :thumbsup:

Edited by duramat

Praesto    25

Anyone on the idea of using the carpet for the template?

truekaotik    458

Anyone on the idea of using the carpet for the template?

I honestly think that's the easiest and best way... Unless you want it to cover more than what the carpet already covers... That is what's being replaced...

h20king    794

Shipping the carpet as a template will add a lot to the cost decadance is located in Florida

truekaotik    458

Wait... Yeah if you ship the carpet, it will cost more.. I thought he was referring to using the carpet to make the template instead of trying to making one in the boat.. Derrrr

Reading it over, I don't know if he realized you used your carpet for the template?

Edited by truekaotik

Praesto    25

Truekaotic and H20king - I was refering to using the carpet AS a template :)

If my attempt and renewing my carpet fails then I may decide to do this.

My carpet is 5 years old but does not look very bad on a 1/10 it probably comes in around a 5/10 before any work has been done (before even attempting to clean)

I plan on scrubbing the carpet with a little cleaner then powerwashing it clean. If it looks 8/10 or better I will keep it to save money and replace all the buttons.

h20king    794

My decadence mat's showed today main cabin, cooler, and the bow. All I can say is wow they did a great job so much nicer on the feet than the factory carpet. Ill post a link to pics once I install them this weekend