WakeGirl    0

Hi there, we need help identifying where the impeller is and how to change it. Our boat started overheating so we are pretty sure that is the problem. Any pictures of what we are looking for would be great!

superdtf    68

Welcome! Assuming you have a Mercruiser Black Scorpion, you'll want to check these threads:

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/4791-2008-enzo-240-impeller-change-black-scorpion/page__hl__%2Bimpeller+%2Bblack+%2Bscorpion__fromsearch__1 - On this one, take a look at the photos and see if it looks like yours. The impeller should be in the very back, lower port side.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/6015-help-with-impeller-change-07-black-scorpion-330/page__hl__%2Bimpeller+%2Bblack+%2Bscorpion__fromsearch__1

dezul    10

Bumping for use in near future.

c22burns    3

This topic has alot of pictures also.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/6353-impeller-question/?hl=impeller

The only tricky part is putting the new impeller back in. A good trick i learned from someone on here was to use zip-tyes to keep the new rubber impeller tight when pushing it back onto the shaft. The pictures may explan it better. Oh, and if i remember right i needed to get a deep socket set to remove one of the bolts?

sporte77    5

Anyone seen how to get to the impeller on an Fi21 or Fi23?

I'm buying an Fi21 and looking way down in there at that engine in that deeper hull gives me chills.  I've been able to change the oil & filter & impeller on my Malibu VLX - but I can't see how you're going to get to the bottom or back of that engine in an Fi....

InfinitySurf    302
5 hours ago, sporte77 said:

Anyone seen how to get to the impeller on an Fi21 or Fi23?

I'm buying an Fi21 and looking way down in there at that engine in that deeper hull gives me chills.  I've been able to change the oil & filter & impeller on my Malibu VLX - but I can't see how you're going to get to the bottom or back of that engine in an Fi....

Can you confirm which engine it is? Basically on mine....you take out the engine dividers to open it as much as possible and then lay down head first. Its a lot easier to get in, than to get out so taking all the right tools with you the first time sure makes it easier, lol.

sporte77    5

It’s a GM 6.0 L96.  Ive changed several on other boats where you can actually see down under the engine when you lay down.  But you can’t with the Fi21.  It’s so far below the locker floor and the back of engine is under the rear transom trunk.  Was just wondering if anyone here has actually done one on the Fi boats yet.  I know how to do it - when you can get to them.....  I’ll be stopping by the dealer tomorrow and do a little investigating.