bigdav160

Any old guys in here?

bigdav160    0

Just saying hi fromTejas :guitar:

I wondering if there were any fifty somethings still wakeboarding? Thirteen years ago I found a sweet young honey. Got married and had a few youngin's so it's been a while. I tooks the kids out for the first time last week and discovered that I still have a few inverted tricks in my repertoire. The kids all rode the kneeboard.

I've owned quite a few boats throughout the years. I still have my Elite V I bought new in 1996.

Sorry no pictures but it's loaded up LaPoint. Scorpion, CATS (anyone remember that?) shower, 4 color gell coat, ect.

The boats still looks good and runs great but the Interior is a mess. When I bought this boat towers were a new feature only found on Nautiques.

Right away I built my own folding tower. Not pretty by todays standards but it does the job and very strudy. It's powder coated to match the boat.

Dave

Edited by bigdav160

superdtf    68

I'm not yet in my fifties (forties), but some days my body feels like it ;)

I do remember CATS. Let's see pic's!

Welcome, you'll find a helpful, friendly, smart-alecky crew here.

WakeDoc    471

Welcome, you'll find a helpful, friendly, smart-alecky crew here.

Who is Alecky and what makes you think they are so smart?

We are down in Houston!

Kevin Baugh    78

56 and yes I remember the passenger launcher er uh I mean CATS :thumbsup:

Bongo Fury    640

Yup... 54 and dicovered surfing. It's a whole new balllgame and I love it!

CeeDee    16

Will be fifty in January. Have an 11 year old boy who has been wakeboarding for a couple of years now and is just learning to surf. I just mostly surf myself.

Welcome to the sight.

You are only as old as you feel.

DarksideR    1,679

Ha ha, old guys!

Just kiddin'. Welcome to the site bigdav.

RhuntIII    555

Welcome bigdav, it's a long way for me to hit the fifties but this Texas heat makes me feel it.

Dreamer    96

I'm 48 and my kids call me an old fart so I guess I can join the club.

50.... did hardcore skiing, then transitioned to wakeboarding, now surfing.... awesome.... can surf all day and weekend.... congrats to you on the invert... give em hell !!!!

enzo101mo    98

58 but feel like 35. the knees aren't like they were back in my 20s. I am going to try wakesurfing before the summer is over, Iam just the drive & captain of the ship and love it .

Bongo Fury    640

I am going to try wakesurfing before the summer is over, Iam just the drive & captain of the ship and love it .

Enzo...you will love it. I just started surfing last year and it is one of the best things I have done for myself in the past 20 years. I told my 16 year old who is pretty good, that he better step up his game because the old man is coming after him. Go for it!

OrangeStang    0

I'm 32, but my dad is 60 and came out this summer after not skiing for probably about 25 years. He started out with 2 skis and got up on the second try. He did a lap of the lake to get re-acquainted with the skis, then attempted to drop a ski and fell.

Not really an amazing story or anything, but still pretty good that he was skiing and at least attempting to slalom at 60.

Kevin Baugh    78

It is amazing how old 60 seems when you are 32......not so much when you are 56 ;)