volzalum    280

The speed/convenience look nice to me. I ride goofy, most everyone else in my crew rides regular. For me to switch sides, I have to move everything that is normally stored in my locker to allow the sack to fill, so switching sides is cumbersome. If I could fill both sides to the amount where I could still get the stuff in both lockers combined and then use the get to produce a comparable wake, that would be awesome.

Edited by volzalum

superdtf    68

Maybe I just don't get it, but taking a few minutes (for us about 15) to switch sides is a great opportunity for kids to jump in the water for a minute (and do what kids do in the water ;) ), get a drink, have a sandwich, make out, take in some sun, update FaceBook, whatever.

I'm just saying that if those minutes are killing you, then you're at a level of hurry and anxiety that is anathema to the way we roll. So if you end up on our boat, "You must chill!"

duffymahoney    10

I switch my 1900 pound sacs in about 4 minutes using my rule 3800's. Making a better wave should be malibu and other companies main goal.

truekaotik    458

I still think its cool and great they atleast tried something.... It will appeal to the weekend surfer/wakeboarder/tuber for sure.... I just need more info and to see it, to give a solid opinion... But you gotta give them some type of credit for trying... Just like the hammerhead....

Edited by truekaotik

bcollins    18

I still think its cool and great they atleast tried something.... It will appeal to the weekend surfer/wakeboarder/tuber for sure.... I just need more info and to see it, to give a solid opinion... But you gotta give them some type of credit for trying... Just like the hammerhead....

Agree, I think all this does is put Centurion and other boat manufacturers on notice that there is going to be competition in the wakesurfing market and that they better put some funding into R&D or get left behind. Even if the execution isn't spot on at least they're stirring the pot. This will be better for everyone in the long run. Also, anything that improves the wake/wave without adding 3000lbs of ballast is a plus not only from a convenience standpoint but for safety reasons as well. I saw a post either here or over on wakeworld that made a great point, it basically stated that very few people need that competition wave to satisfy them and that something this simple would be attractive to your recreational rider.

superdtf    68

I switch my 1900 pound sacs in about 4 minutes using my rule 3800's. Making a better wave should be malibu and other companies main goal.

I'm with Duff. Before you set about switching super fast, you should focus on making an amazingly surfable wave (which the Bu is not yet). It would make more sense for Tige to be investigating this; IMO their wave is the closest thing to "as good as the Centurion".

volzalum    280

Yada, yada, ... For me it wouldn't be about super fast changing, it would be about not having to move all of the stuff from locker to locker over and over. I like to be able to ride, then let others ride, then ride again, and so on ... For me it's not a one and done thing. Again, if I could get a wave comparable to my current wave that I could move from side to side without relocating everything stored in my lockers, then that would be awesome. If here was a day where I only needed to set up one sde, I could always do that the non technological way ...

Edited by volzalum

duffymahoney    10

I'm with Duff. Before you set about switching super fast, you should focus on making an amazingly surfable wave (which the Bu is not yet). It would make more sense for Tige to be investigating this; IMO their wave is the closest thing to "as good as the Centurion".

From pictures I think the 247 has the best wave out. I have never seen it in person, and sometimes pictures can mislead but wheelhouses 247 wave looks amazing.

superdtf    68
From pictures I think the 247 has the best wave out. I have never seen it in person, and sometimes pictures can mislead but wheelhouses 247 wave looks amazing.

I'll have to ask my buddy Jeremy what Malibu he has (all I know is that it's a 24 foot about as big as our Enzo). Totally NOT as surfable, but he is not as committed to ballast as we are. ;)

duffymahoney    10

Here are the 247 wave pics. It just looks awesome! I get to surf a heavily ballasted enzo 240 soon. I am pumped, I have never surfed one with real weight in it.

WakeDoc    471

Keep in mind the 247 that Duffy is talking about is running twice as much weight as our SV240 plus on top of the weight in those pics I am sure that here were a minimum of at least 6 to 8 people in the boat which is normal for that crew.

Below are some pics from last weekend, we are running 1400lb. in the Enzo sac, 4 males and 4 females in the boat. In the pics is a friend Buck, first pic on the left you can see his new 247 in the background, he is taking his first every hit behind an Enzo in the pics. Third pic is of him gettting up after his first run and someone asked what he thought about the wake, I think the look on his face says it all.

DSCN0855.JPG DSCN0856.JPG DSCN0858.JPG DSCN0859.JPG

We have owned Malibu's and taken hits on every model out except the pickle fork, MXZ I think, and they all have the same thing going for them. They all take about twice the weight to achieve the same wake as a Centurion and the wakes are mushy and do not have the push that the Centurion wake does.

duffymahoney    10

That's some crazy colored water!! Yeah Enzo's are super sick boats. My tige takes 2800 pounds before I love the wave.

Kevin Baugh    78

I Would love to see the faces of people on outr lake if i showed up with a wave like that people that try to surf out here are a joke no wave at all never see them with no rope not sure they get the concept

Audionly101    39

I look at it like this, maybe this is a safe way to improve my wave with my ballast I already have. I really can not run anymore ballast to make my wave any bigger or longer without fear of sinking it. If the tabs can improve my wave, make it so I can run less ballast, or help clean up my weak goofy wave I will be happy.

doug743    53

if it works, there will be more designs and aftermarket choices, but i would still end up putting as much weight as i can in the entire boat instead of one side and then have all my junk laying around with no place to put it. i have a new 244 and for some reason i still dont have enough space. I hate having stuff strewn all about the boat. i also think that all the balast would be alot on the boat, that 2 times the weight, not sure how it will fly, but i know i would slam it. i hope it works and we get an aftermarket product soon.

Daylorb    3

Okay - here is a stab at an aftermarket product that mounts onto the boat without drilling any additional holes. Keep in mind I'm no engineer or graphic artist. It is manual in this form - and is basically a 1/4" polished aluminum plates fabricated together. The idea is basically to remove the swim deck, and mount the hull plate between the swim deck and the hull - flush to the back of the boat with the swim deck mounting on top of it. Will drop the swim deck back 1/4" but not a huge deal. Then there is one bracket that bolts into the plate with hand-turnable knobs, the type that are used in a lot of wakesurf racks. The idea being you can screw it into the bracket on one side, or the other, or take it off entirely.

Clearly the sizes would need to be better dialed-in on the surf-tab itself, as would the angle (showing right angle). Would be easy enough to experiment with a right-angle tab by adding shims in between the tab and the hull-bracket to adjust the angle, and once figured out fabricate one at the proper angle.

Wouldn't be automatic, would have some hassle involved changing from side to side, but would be very inexpensive and easy to test without drilling holes into the boat.

post-999-0-91815100-1343614771_thumb.jpg

superdtf    68

I am not even CLOSE to going Bob the Builder on my Enzo. We REALLY, REALLY like the wave we have now.

If what you're dying to have is quick changeover, then less than a thousand dollars of pumps, hoses, and 24v 4-way valves would get you there in less time than you can return to your fallen rider, get him/her in the water, and get the new rider in the water. All without bolting crap to the back of your boat.

truekaotik    458

I'm not mr. Surf but super makes sense :)

duffymahoney    10

This whole surf gate is very interesting.