boardjnky4    8

Played with this a little more yesterday and got the wave to form really nicely. Adjusting the surf-side gate inwards made a huge difference. I have go pro footage that I'll put together tonight. Unfortunately in the haste, I forgot to put the trim tab up, so there is some unruly spray, but the wave (even goofy) is big and curling. Not the longest pocket, but my boat is no Enzo.

Edited by boardjnky4

volzalum    280

Tom, what speed were you going? It looks like you were really fast for getting a good surf wave.

Edited by volzalum

boardjnky4    8

I didn't confirm on the GPS. My perfect pass reads fast and it was set at 12 or so. So it was likely right around 11.

volzalum    280

Try 10.2-10.5 and see if your wave gets bigger. And the video looked like 12-14, or even faster, at least compared to the videos from my boat.

RhuntIII    555

I really like the way this thread went. Good job guys!

boardjnky4    8

Try 10.2-10.5 and see if your wave gets bigger. And the video looked like 12-14, or even faster, at least compared to the videos from my boat.

I always appreciate a second set of eyes on my setup. I'll double check the speeds and try to get down to 10.5. I'm a little skeptical that the wave will wash out. Maybe some bow weight will allow me to get a slower speed.

Thanks, I'll continue tweaking. This is far from a done deal.

IROCNParts    108

I gotta hand it to malibu on this one.

They really figured it out.

Great job all you guys with adding this to the centurions.

Im curious to see how long until the enzo has it

boardjnky4    8

I doubt you'll be seeing any manufacturers besides Malibu selling this. Malibu has a patent pending on it. Other OEMs would have to work out a royalty deal with Malibu.

desotodave    0

You can usually buy locally at sign stores. I actually have some I was going to fab a piece for the Enzo and give it a shot. Nice thing with this is you can use your router and round over all of the edges and make them smooth so no worries about someone getting hurt.

superdtf    68

You can usually buy locally at sign stores. I actually have some I was going to fab a piece for the Enzo and give it a shot. Nice thing with this is you can use your router and round over all of the edges and make them smooth so no worries about someone getting hurt.

I want to help mod your Enzo. :)

duramat    462

I want to help mod your Enzo. :)

LOL!!

I do too!! :thumbsup:

boardjnky4    8

I was just looking in to the exact same thing. I think you will want thicker than 1/4" just to be safe. I'm thinking I'll try 5/8" or maybe even 3/4".

Yeah, I was a little torn on thickness. I want to be able to melt it and bend it on the bottom though, to contour with the hull on the bottom a bit though, as I think it will help smooth out the trough of the wake. So I wanted a thickness that I could bend and get a nice tight corner with. It feels pretty strong though. If it fails, I'll get the thicker stuff. It was only 7 bucks a sheet, I can afford to waste some lol.

I'd love to help mod an Enzo. Anyone in the Raleigh, NC area with an Enzo want to let me frankenstein their pooh? lol

Edited by boardjnky4

RhuntIII    555

You should be able to work that material like wood and even weld it together like metal.

scottb    0

Testing with additional weight in the boat. The wave gets impressive when both the rub rails are in the water. Turning the boat to the port side not so good with the gate out.

100%

scottb    0

We had around 1200 port, 500 star, and 200 center. The boat seemed to ride level with the gate out. The nose of the boat was up higher then I like but the angle on the gate seemed to add some downward force to the starboard side of the boat. Moving some weight up front brought the nose back down along with some of the wave height. If we moved a couple of people on the back lockers the boat could not get up over 11MPH at full throttle. The memory card on the camera was full by this time but the wave was the bigest and longest I've seen on this boat. The angle of the boat put both of the rub rails under the waterline in the back. Only try this on calm water if you like your boat...