mateo112    2

My wife surfs goofy, I surf regular. We have a 2003 elite v.

FAT SACS:

1100lb

3-400lb

center tank:

250-300 (not sure)

What would be ideal to quickly change the set-up so both of us can surf without having to wait for long periods of time emptying and refilling sacs.

Talked to the guys at my local shop and they suggested this

-center tank full

-400lb sac in each locker

-1100lb sac on the floor centered against rear bench seat

-last 400lb sac move to side according to who's surfing.

This way its only moving one sac instead of having to empty the jumbo surf sac each time.

Thats what they suggested.

Figured I'd run it by everyone hear to get opinions. We are using the tsunami pumps.

Troy. R    198

I'd want that 1100 in the surf side locker. You may consider buying a second tsunami pump to double your fill/empty speed???

mateo112    2

Definatly will be investing in a 2nd pump.

Had trouble dialing in the goofy wave for my wife.

Did decent first time out getting the regular wave dialed in though.

Went with the 1100 sac rear port locker (only filled it to say 700-900lbs) due to my extra battery being in that locker for the moment. and also a 400sac on the rear port seat and another 400 in the bow.

http://i773.photobuc...2/photo-179.jpg

http://i773.photobuc...2/photo-180.jpg

We still have quite a bit of spray and to clean the wave up we are turning some to the left. Gotta fix this as i see a lot of people driving straight with no spray.

Edited by mateo112

superdtf    68

I think having all that center weight will make it tough. You need to get the surf side low, and the off-side high. Ballast in the middle won't help.

lsu524    0

this set up will give you the best wake for either side with no spray and less wait time (emptying and filling 1100)

-put 1100 on the floor on the side u want it first then if u want to surf goofy just simply roll it to the other side

1- 400 in front on chosen side

1- 400 in locker on chosen surf side

1- 400 on seat on chosen side beside 1100 on floor

this will give u the most wake but one problem with your boat (spray) is that because the platform is digging into the water

kriskussee    9

Just wait, Dura will chime in... You can't have your cake and eat it too, either it is easy or its big. Try to roll an 1100lb fat sac :wallbash: Put the jumbo in the locker, one 400 on the seat and one on the floor on the side your surfing on (don't think you will need something in the nose unless you have a big crew IMO) and buy an extra pump. (Get a 150lb fat brick for your swim deck while you are at it, and forget the 400lb on the floor). OR the "easy way" is to get a bunch of "LARGE" friends to come and just move them around.

If you're concerned about the time it takes to switch sides then read up about some of the ballast installs on here. More than a few guys are switching sides in under 15 mins. If u have the budget for enough pumps you can switch sides in less than 7 mins. As for the right weight placement, I'll let the other Elite V owners chime in. I've surfed behind Dura's elite on the goofy side and it was awesome with 750 rear locker, 400 on the seat, about 200 (I think) under the seat, center tank full, no bow weight.

DarksideR    1,679

2003 elite is a different creature than my 2006 and Dura's 2008(I think) elite's. I believe the 03's lockers can hold an 1100 where ours only fit the 750's. And it has that weird stepped rear hull.

Audionly101    39

This a pretty fool proof way to set up an older elite v and you have just the right amount of ballast available for the regular side with a small crew of 1,2 or 3 people.post-619-0-61826900-1342883916_thumb.jpg

As for the goofy side the non c4 elite v does not do well with a dark side wave. I have tried and tried and tried and some days I think I have a half decent goofy wave and the next day I will set up exactly the same and the wave is garbage. It does take a bit extra weight on the goofy side wave behind the driver but it can be done to make a surfable wave. If you have a manual trim tab it will be very hard to dial in the goofy wave as you have to play with the tab a lot to get just the right position. I would recommend swapping out your manual tab for an electric if that is what you have. Good luck!

Audionly101    39

As for your switching side to side... More pumps is about the only way to do it some what quickly. You will have to empty, move and then refill that 1100 in the rear lockers. The 400#'s can slide along the seats if you really work at it without having to empty them.

chinocat    0

She could always teach herself to ride none goofy! That's what my wife did. I'm just sayin.

mateo112    2

She could always teach herself to ride none goofy! That's what my wife did. I'm just sayin.

I brought that up and got the "Stare"

not something i will put pressure on.........

Buying more pumps is a must at this point. It will absolutely cut down the time to switch.

Plumbing in the system is optimal and will be done at one point, just not in the next few seasons.

looked at my wake plate last time out and it seemed fixed to the point of not being able to angle it up or down. I'll get a picture to show but it wouldn't budge. kinda weird.

bluesman280    99

If you are running two Tsunami pumps anyways, one thing you can do to speed things up is have the 1 pump being used to empty the bag on the port side, just transfer the water from the port side bag to the goofy side bag, kills two birds with one stone. That way you are filling the STB bag at the same time you are emptying the port bag with one pump and the second pump could also be filling (or emptying/transfering to) the same bag or a second bag. Most bags have more than one inlet, may as well use them.

When I was looking for new impellers I seen a video at Wakemakers.com, of an install set up, rigged up for a 5 min switch from regular to goofy. Gave me some good ideas for a winter project.