martygood    0

Does anyone know a good replacement gauge that will fit in the hole for the Pilot I ? I have a 2004 Centurion Enzo SV230 and HATE my Pilot I gauge. The battery low alarm always goes off -- I've reset the low alarm which holds until I turn the batteries off and then it defaults to 12. The process to resert the battery low alarm is buggy -- sometimes the sequence works - but most times it doesn't and I wind up switching something I didn't want to switch. I feel like the roadrunner and the cayote with this guage and unless I replace it with somethign better, I'm going to keep having an anvil dropped on my head.

Any suggestions for new gauges ??

bcollins    18

I think it comes down to what you need it for. I have the faria pilot and like all the various things it does but, like you said, it has way to many issues....the low voltage readings being the main one for me as well. Really annoying. If you just need a depth guage and maybe water temp, Faira offers tons of options as does any other manufacturer. Now, if you want something that has the same modes, etc. then you're unlikely to find many options as the Pilot does everything. With that said, most of what the pilot offers is already on other guages, i.e. voltage, speed, etc. Don't judge Faria on the Pilot, it apparently was the redheaded step child of the faria line. Most of thier guages are top notch and have lifetime warranties? I could be wrong about that. Anyway good luck and if you do get a new guage and want to send the pilot off to a good home let me know as I do like it and know it's only time before mine takes a dump.

CeeDee    16

I would be intersested in replacing mine as well, same low voltage issues as well as will not change modes. Would like just water temp and depth but would like it to fit the same opening.

Just found this thread because I'm searching for a replacement gauge for the Faria Pilot 1. Any of the previous contributors or anybody else find a replacement option they are happy with?

nnoia05    0

i have a 2004 avy, had the same issues, beeping, fading, bugging out.   replaced with a faria depth sounder gauge.  there is a bezel insert that fits the centurion dash, i think i got it through great lakes skipper.  faria has a connector end to hook the wires up to the new depth sounder gauge, they also have the wiring diagram to do it.    make sure your shielding wire is hooked to a good ground, and if you have the sonar depth finder, make sure it has fluid in it. fought that one for two summers before knowing that!