aquaholic76

Looking at buying a new 08 Air Warrior Falcon V

aquaholic76    0

I sold my old boat last year and I am now looking at getting the 2008 Falcon V but want to know how other people like theirs. I had a Moomba XLV that I never got to use because it was always in the shop and I don’t want to deal with that again. The boat had some many problems they finally gave in and did the right thing by replacing my 04 with a 07. I have to thank my wife for getting us the new boat and I am sure they don’t ever want us to call them again. So I sold the 07 before I took it off the trailer because I did not want to deal with them ever again. So if i could get some feedback on the falcon v and Centurion I would really appreciate it.

duramat    462

Aqua, I bought brand new and its been good. Yes Ive had some waranty issues but very very minor really and I had good support from the dealer in conjunction with the Manufacturer. What models are you looking at in general?

smitty    0

aqua,

We bought our first boat an 07' Elite V C4 Air Warrior in 07' we've put quite a few hours on it and so far it's been in the shop once for an exhaust leak which was obviously taken care of no questions asked! I have no question we chose the right boat! Good luck on your quest, there are many deals to be had right now.

-Jeremy

ladderrat    0

Aqua-man, love my falcon V!!! wouldnt trade it for the world. and i will say this, never had a problem with the boat that wasnt taken care of. had a problem after purchase, but it was a dealer issue, not a centurion or falcon V problem! now that we have 77 Marine as our new dealer for us Ohio guys, i would say we're downright spoiled! sent you an e-mail with my # if you wanna call or have questions.

cant go wrong with this company!

wahi wahi

dave

P.S.---149 hours our first year!

Edited by ladderrat

tgaugh    2
P.S.---149 hours our first year!

Nice! :yahoo:

Joe B    17

149-hrs: I was on the boat for almost half those so my boat was a bit neglected at 80hrs. Happens when a buddy lives closer to the water.

You'll love how wide the boat is. Falcon has a great layout and fits in most garages. Has the same people space as my 22'. I looked hard at Moomba but SNAP Out Carpet is a must with kids. Snap out, shake, snap back in, done---spray off every few weeks to keep it smelling fresh.

Have fun.

aquaholic76    0

I sure am glad to hear all the positive feedback on the boats. I really like what I’ve seen about the Falcon V. The main reason I am looking at it is because it will fit in my garage. I’m tire of taking the boat somewhere else to store it. The snap out carpet was the other thing I really like about it. I too have kids and would not let them eat or drink certain things on the boat.

tgaugh    2
The snap out carpet was the other thing I really like about it.

Love the snap in carpet, cannot stand the snap on cover, oh snap!

towboat 222    1

Aquaholic76 for 09 you can also get the Cyclone same boat bigger motor, better graphics and a few more upgrade. Centurion is also offering a ladder now.

flaswaliba    0

Aqua, I've tried sending a couple of private messages to you, but I don't know if that function really works here on Cent Crew. Check you message inbox and let me know if that's working. I have something that may interest you.

Joe B    17

After I bought my Avy, I swear a week later my old dealer (not a dealer anymore) got in the brochure with the Falcon V specs. Wonder how livid I was that a 10k cheaper boat that was wider than my wide boat and would fit in my garage????

I love my boat, but fitting in my garage would have been sweet and I really would have no boat or storage payment at that point. Oh well.

Get out and demo the boat. If you need more holeshot, a simple re-prop can fix that. I got a new prop for my needs and it completely changed the boat. Your old XLV is a very deep V hull, the falcon is much more tossible and fun.

WakeDoc    471
Aqua, I've tried sending a couple of private messages to you, but I don't know if that function really works here on Cent Crew. Check you message inbox and let me know if that's working. I have something that may interest you.

PM works fine on the site, for me at least.

zapisor    43

Aqua,

Welcome to the site!

As a Falcon owner I have to tell you that I really enjoy mine but the big question is what do you want to do with your boat? Because all boats are different and every shape/sise/model has pro's and con's.

When I was buying I wanted something that would fit in the garage, and since we day trip/ quick evening trip I wanted something that tows well. The attributes I was looking for were:

Interior space (Falcon has a nice wide beam)

Freeboard ( did not want our 4 year old falling out)

Ride - nice deep V hull

Value

When I had narrowed my search down it came between the Falcon, Malibu VTX, and X2 and originally there was quite a price difference but after I optioned the heck out of my Falcon they were within 2k of each other. Why I decided on the Falcon was quite simple it was larger inside, has a deep hull, had the surf reputation of an enzo, and was truly one of a kind (after all the options), I did not want the stigma of owning a MC.

Now the summer arrives,

We have, in our group of families, the following boats in our quiver:

08 MC X2

07 Malibu VLX

08 MC X14

We allways wind up surfing behind the Falcon, it just makes the best wake.

Boarding is done behind the VLX (power wedge) first and the X2 second, something about the Falcons wide, deep hull is holding it back. For the same token I will get the boarding ballast dialed in this summer, we just didn't spend enough time playing with it.

The x14 we just haul people around in it because of the great stereo. I allways wanted to ski behind it (DDrive) but when it is my turn I prefer to surf.

Reliability

I have had less trouble with my Falcon than the other 3, the MC Vdig has been trouble since day one and the PPass system is goofly. The Bu has had trouble with the Ballast system.

Hope this helps

towboat 222    1

ladder off the swim deck. It is spring loaded neat piece.

islander033    2
ladder off the swim deck. It is spring loaded neat piece.

'Hi-Jack'

Will this item be available for older swim platforms, like my 07 fiberglass one?

'UnHi-Jack....as you were'

I'm gonna have to say do it on that one...

We picked our's up in July last year, only managed to put 60 hrs on it by september, but has been an awesome ride...

We had a few issues, but the dealer took care of em ASAP and got us back on the water right away. The support from the dealers and centurion is probably the biggest difference to us.

As for the boat itself, we have 5 kids, the wide, deep body was key to us, the carpet becomes an obvious one! Other than that, it's pretty much base with perfect pass. Only thing I would have done is put the depth gauge on it.

tgaugh    2

So I spent some time in the Falcon V this weekend, an 09. I really, really like this boat. It's super wide too. A few things that really stick out to me outside the beam is the ballast console. I love that it's out of the way, the Enzo's have it under the throttle and its always being hit by knees or hands on the throttle. I loved it's location. A lot of power if propped right I am sure on such a small boat, but it didn't feel small at all, just enough for your standard surf/skate/board crew or family. It's not going to handle 14, but it's just right. We used to own 21's so this was nice, real nice.

The only flaw I see is the same with them all, the pure loss of storage with the standard ballast tanks, the lack of cutouts under the seats for removal of the ballast. That's my only complaint, for the price of the 2009, it's right on the money.