Kevin Baugh

Rare Centurion Models

Dominator    0

1987 Centurion Dominator 24' and its for sale. Hate to see it go. I've owned it since 1997. Not sure how many were built but I've only seen a few for sale over the years.

post-2552-0-91311700-1303788694_thumb.jpg

post-2552-0-98063600-1303788708_thumb.jpg

post-2552-0-94882100-1303788727_thumb.jpg

post-2552-0-56060000-1303788740_thumb.jpg

BJY1971729    0

Seeing the "Rare Centurions" thread title, I thought I'd add a bit about this boat my family has had since new in 1993. Unfortunately, the person who used to know all about the boat is no longer here. So after some exchanges with someone who is "In the know" so to speak, I found that it's a sort of prototype boat they build only a handful of. If correct, it was built as a boat for ski races (such as the Catalina Ski Race.)

Thinking about rigging it soon - it's never been in the water!

post-1840-0-23394600-1307131049_thumb.jpgpost-1840-0-88738700-1307131061_thumb.jpgpost-1840-0-05913900-1307131069_thumb.jpgpost-1840-0-15299600-1307131076_thumb.jpg

dittrimd    0

Seeing the "Rare Centurions" thread title, I thought I'd add a bit about this boat my family has had since new in 1993. Unfortunately, the person who used to know all about the boat is no longer here. So after some exchanges with someone who is "In the know" so to speak, I found that it's a sort of prototype boat they build only a handful of. If correct, it was built as a boat for ski races (such as the Catalina Ski Race.)

Thinking about rigging it soon - it's never been in the water!

post-1840-0-23394600-1307131049_thumb.jpgpost-1840-0-88738700-1307131061_thumb.jpgpost-1840-0-05913900-1307131069_thumb.jpgpost-1840-0-15299600-1307131076_thumb.jpg

I know where this boat is!! I saw it the last time I went through the marina. I could not figure out what it was. Too bad it is just sitting there rotting away. I wondered what they used for an engine I guessed an outboard with some sort of mounting plate but there were no obvious cables or rigging. Is it for sale?

BJY1971729    0

I know where this boat is!! I saw it the last time I went through the marina. I could not figure out what it was. Too bad it is just sitting there rotting away. I wondered what they used for an engine I guessed an outboard with some sort of mounting plate but there were no obvious cables or rigging. Is it for sale?

It isn't for sale at the moment. I'm planning on rigging it with a setback plate and a D150 Yamaha (I have the left hand controls and everything for it.) We'll see what happens.

waketoowake    0

centurian%202.jpg

I found this boat for sale and thought it would fit in here. For 47,900.00 you could own a piece of centurion history.

2003 Centurion Tsunami 30 ft

496 Magnum Engine

Perfect Pass

Heater / Tower

Disk changer with 2 amps, tower speakers

Wakeboard Racks

2 stainless steel props

Triple axle trailer

Tower lights

Smart Craft

this is the web site it's at. http://www.marineunlimited.net/pictures/viewphoto.asp?id=458

Edited by waketoowake

dittrimd    0

It isn't for sale at the moment. I'm planning on rigging it with a setback plate and a D150 Yamaha (I have the left hand controls and everything for it.) We'll see what happens.

Great to hear this unique boat is going to see the water again. Do you know what the horse power rating was for this boat? I am just down the road on Quaddick and would love to see it run. Keep us posted and some pictures of the rigging would be cool to.

Mark

MANDC    0

centurian%202.jpg

I found this boat for sale and thought it would fit in here. For 47,900.00 you could own a piece of centurion history.

2003 Centurion Tsunami 30 ft

496 Magnum Engine

Perfect Pass

Heater / Tower

Disk changer with 2 amps, tower speakers

Wakeboard Racks

2 stainless steel props

Triple axle trailer

Tower lights

Smart Craft

this is the web site it's at. http://www.marineunlimited.net/pictures/viewphoto.asp?id=458

Nice find on the Tsunami. Looks to be in great shape from what i can see.

Kevin Baugh    78

yeah I think back in the day My Centurion dealer actually sold one of those

waketoowake    0

That thing looks like all kinds of fun :yahoo: I wonder if 45 is as fast as it will go or if it gets to scary after that speed?

Edited by waketoowake

BJY1971729    0

Great to hear this unique boat is going to see the water again. Do you know what the horse power rating was for this boat? I am just down the road on Quaddick and would love to see it run. Keep us posted and some pictures of the rigging would be cool to.

Mark

Not sure what the rating was...I don't think the boat even has a USCG plate :Rockon:

I'm told they have mounted twin V6 outboards on them though...

WakeDoc    471

WOW :shock: that boat looks like it is a year or two old not 20, great looking boat.

Skibumm    184

OK I guess I need to take some pics. I have a 93 Falcon XP that I have owned since day one. It has over 3000 hours (this is a guess i have 1937 on my perfect pass) on the original engine and still runs great. It was never fast and will barely pull skier through the course at 36 mph but I have yet to ski on any boat that compairs to it in the course. I still get people asking me if it is a new model as it looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. I will be doing the interior this year as it is slowly showing it's age (even though most can't tell). I love the boat still and most likely will never sell it. My oldest daughter was 1 year old when I bought it and she is now taking it out by herself with friends and takes care of it just like I do. No shoes have ever touched the inside of it.

Edited by Skibumm

grooms835    0

Its a 19ft I/O with a 3.8 v6 with 260hp. I can't find another one like it anywhere. And its a 1985 model!!! I have tons of I can post. Even Fineline can't seem to tell me anything about the boat. Any help would be awesome!!!!!!"

MarlerMan    0

I have a 1998 Air Warrior. I can't find anyone else with this same boat and finding info online has been hard (my engine sits in the middle/not the v-drive) I've been trying to figure out what model I have... Any help?