Kevin Baugh

Rare Centurion Models

Big Po    1
post-605-1245725386_thumb.jpg

post-605-1245725404_thumb.jpg

This boat was in for service when we picked up our boat - the guys their had never seen one before. It is a 14ft., unknown year, V8 engine!

I bet that sucker hauls A$$!!!!

Big Po    1

When I went to that Aquapalooza thing at my lake a few weeks ago we were driving the pontoon on the way there and I saw something that looked unusual and out of place......It was a early-mid 1990's Ski Centurion O/B Warrior (judging by the writing style on the decal that said "Ski Centurion" on the side I would say it's a early-mid '90's model) that was PRISTINE inside & out. I am not a big outboard motor fan, but I wanted it! It looked sharp. But I mainly wanted it b/c it is rare. When we passed by I had to slow down and check it out.

I'm not sure which Warrior it was. Hey Kev...Any distinguishable external physical characteristics in the 2 boat models?

Edited by Big Po

Kevin Baugh    73

The warrior has a very distictive deck is very narrowLike the boat at the top of this page.

The barefoot Falcon looks like the old inboard falcon but an outboard

Big Po    1

I just Googled it, and found a pic. It was an O/B Warrior.

Edited by Big Po

pacoson    0

here are three pics of My 1990 Falcon barefoot bought in June.

Love the boat and have had so much fun this season.

Need to fix the pin holes in the speedo line to find top speed, but with a 200hp Yammi and a High Five 13.25 X 19 it's upwards near 55+

I do wish it had more freeboard though, when relaxing, a jet ski cruising by will fill the transom and I take on water through the cable access hole.

post-1125-1281749383_thumb.jpg

post-1125-1281749416_thumb.jpg

post-1125-1281749435_thumb.jpg

Kevin Baugh    73

Great looking boat! You need to put a boot on that hole

Edited by Kevin Baugh

pacoson    0

Boot? hole? on the prop, I thought it was a through exhaust prop... Still a little new to this.

pacoson    0

on the cable hole....lol yes I have but it only helps, not solves

Kevin Baugh    73

I found this picture of My 1986 Centurion in action

post-18-1282611009_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

WakeDoc    488

That is FANTASTIC... :thumbsup:

Kevin Baugh    73

Far left we all climbed out one at a time and drove it straight into the ski show towards the crowed very fun

Dominator    0

1987 Centurion Dominator 24' and its for sale. Hate to see it go. I've owned it since 1997. Not sure how many were built but I've only seen a few for sale over the years.

post-2552-0-91311700-1303788694_thumb.jpg

post-2552-0-98063600-1303788708_thumb.jpg

post-2552-0-94882100-1303788727_thumb.jpg

post-2552-0-56060000-1303788740_thumb.jpg

BJY1971729    0

Seeing the "Rare Centurions" thread title, I thought I'd add a bit about this boat my family has had since new in 1993. Unfortunately, the person who used to know all about the boat is no longer here. So after some exchanges with someone who is "In the know" so to speak, I found that it's a sort of prototype boat they build only a handful of. If correct, it was built as a boat for ski races (such as the Catalina Ski Race.)

Thinking about rigging it soon - it's never been in the water!

post-1840-0-23394600-1307131049_thumb.jpgpost-1840-0-88738700-1307131061_thumb.jpgpost-1840-0-05913900-1307131069_thumb.jpgpost-1840-0-15299600-1307131076_thumb.jpg

dittrimd    0

Seeing the "Rare Centurions" thread title, I thought I'd add a bit about this boat my family has had since new in 1993. Unfortunately, the person who used to know all about the boat is no longer here. So after some exchanges with someone who is "In the know" so to speak, I found that it's a sort of prototype boat they build only a handful of. If correct, it was built as a boat for ski races (such as the Catalina Ski Race.)

Thinking about rigging it soon - it's never been in the water!

post-1840-0-23394600-1307131049_thumb.jpgpost-1840-0-88738700-1307131061_thumb.jpgpost-1840-0-05913900-1307131069_thumb.jpgpost-1840-0-15299600-1307131076_thumb.jpg

I know where this boat is!! I saw it the last time I went through the marina. I could not figure out what it was. Too bad it is just sitting there rotting away. I wondered what they used for an engine I guessed an outboard with some sort of mounting plate but there were no obvious cables or rigging. Is it for sale?

BJY1971729    0

I know where this boat is!! I saw it the last time I went through the marina. I could not figure out what it was. Too bad it is just sitting there rotting away. I wondered what they used for an engine I guessed an outboard with some sort of mounting plate but there were no obvious cables or rigging. Is it for sale?

It isn't for sale at the moment. I'm planning on rigging it with a setback plate and a D150 Yamaha (I have the left hand controls and everything for it.) We'll see what happens.

waketoowake    0

centurian%202.jpg

I found this boat for sale and thought it would fit in here. For 47,900.00 you could own a piece of centurion history.

2003 Centurion Tsunami 30 ft

496 Magnum Engine

Perfect Pass

Heater / Tower

Disk changer with 2 amps, tower speakers

Wakeboard Racks

2 stainless steel props

Triple axle trailer

Tower lights

Smart Craft

this is the web site it's at. http://www.marineunlimited.net/pictures/viewphoto.asp?id=458

Edited by waketoowake

dittrimd    0

It isn't for sale at the moment. I'm planning on rigging it with a setback plate and a D150 Yamaha (I have the left hand controls and everything for it.) We'll see what happens.

Great to hear this unique boat is going to see the water again. Do you know what the horse power rating was for this boat? I am just down the road on Quaddick and would love to see it run. Keep us posted and some pictures of the rigging would be cool to.

Mark

MANDC    0

centurian%202.jpg

I found this boat for sale and thought it would fit in here. For 47,900.00 you could own a piece of centurion history.

2003 Centurion Tsunami 30 ft

496 Magnum Engine

Perfect Pass

Heater / Tower

Disk changer with 2 amps, tower speakers

Wakeboard Racks

2 stainless steel props

Triple axle trailer

Tower lights

Smart Craft

this is the web site it's at. http://www.marineunlimited.net/pictures/viewphoto.asp?id=458

Nice find on the Tsunami. Looks to be in great shape from what i can see.

Kevin Baugh    73

yeah I think back in the day My Centurion dealer actually sold one of those