bcollins

Getting two beeps every minute.....need help

jshayerT5    0

According to the schematic, see below, the hose goes directly into the block. I also followed it and that's exactly where it went. I drew some arrows, I put some circles around them to make it easier, on the picture but they're black so kind of hard to see. Basically if you look at the lower left hand portion of the picture you'll see the box with a blow up of the exact part that came off...#17 is a quick connect that attaches to the fitting, #3. That quick connect came off and you know the rest...That's what you see in the picture where the water is coming out. If you look directly above that box you'll see the part in the box, circled. Follow the hose and you'll see it goes directly to the block, circled w/arrow.

I hooked it back up and it seemed to run fine and temps stayed steady but that was on a fake a lake and running very low rpms...mostly idle but I gave it a bit of gas to test. It did drip slowly because I lost the O ring, #20 in picure, so I ordered one along with a new quick connect, #17 just in case.

post-107-0-46673600-1339631515_thumb.gif

Crazy that there is that many lines returning to the block. What motor do you have?

Seems like you may be back in business when you replace that fitting and O-ring.

bcollins    18

Crazy that there is that many lines returning to the block. What motor do you have?

Seems like you may be back in business when you replace that fitting and O-ring.

I have the MERC 350 MAG MPI SKI. I hope so, it should be here on Saturday just in time for me to install for Father's day. As I said before, I hooked it back up and it seemed to run fine but I'm probably going to switch out the connector anyway and for sure put in on the O ring. Sounds easy but it's not easy getting at it, kind of in the middle under everything. I'll let you guys know when I'm done.

boardjnky4    8

The 350 Mag MPI has a nice 3-point water drain system. There are a lot of hoses, but it's super easy to pull the blue plugs and drain the block on this boat.

bcollins    18

Well finally got around to replacing the quick connect. The old one was stuck on the braided hose really well so I just cut it off, had plenty of hose....well, I had enough. Stuck the new one on, had to heat up the hose a little, and put a clamp on it just in case. Also replaced the o ring. Anyway, seems like a much tighter fit now.

Well, I must admit that as close as these connections are to the water pump there is a high liklihood I knocked one loose in the process of taking it out to change the impeller. My bad for suggesting the shop had something to do with it. I was just irritated at the time. Anyway, something to be careful of when you pull the pump.

atk1721    1

I had a beep beep every minute for about 7 minutes and then it would stop. It was only happening on the first cold start of the day. I read all the posts but I do not have a diagnostic tool to test it or clear the codes. I figured it was the sensor on the top of the engine near the throttle cable like most of you guys said. I have a black scorpion engine. I took it in thinking it was a going to cost somewhere between 100-125.00 for the part plus labour. It ended up being 125.00 for the part and 35.00 for an impeller and 330.00 in labour. They changed that sensor but they also took apart the impeller housing to see if there was any issues in there. They changed my impeller while they had it open. It makes sense to change the impeller if its open, except for the fact that they changed my impeller 4 months ago when I got the boat summer ready. I guess checking the system is being cautious on the part of the mechanics but do you guys think it was necessary. Did I get worked over ?

truekaotik    458

I had a beep beep every minute for about 7 minutes and then it would stop. It was only happening on the first cold start of the day. I read all the posts but I do not have a diagnostic tool to test it or clear the codes. I figured it was the sensor on the top of the engine near the throttle cable like most of you guys said. I have a black scorpion engine. I took it in thinking it was a going to cost somewhere between 100-125.00 for the part plus labour. It ended up being 125.00 for the part and 35.00 for an impeller and 330.00 in labour. They changed that sensor but they also took apart the impeller housing to see if there was any issues in there. They changed my impeller while they had it open. It makes sense to change the impeller if its open, except for the fact that they changed my impeller 4 months ago when I got the boat summer ready. I guess checking the system is being cautious on the part of the mechanics but do you guys think it was necessary. Did I get worked over ?

330 seems high for labor.. compare it to your bill 4 months ago when it was done maybe? The sensor takes about 5 minutes to replace... thats around 300 just to do your impeller..... ouch....

atk1721    1

Last time it was 120.00 in labour to do the impeller. Im just thinking that they did not need to check the whole cooling system

mancho    85

Last time it was 120.00 in labour to do the impeller. Im just thinking that they did not need to check the whole cooling system

If you're impeller shredded, yes, you need to have the WHOLE cooling system checked. Whole means, getting access to those things that are possible wo pulling the engine. We found impeller debris in many parts in the cooling system, the fuel chiller to the screen at the Vdrive. Check it all, or you'll constantly be worrying why your boat engine runs hot, and possibly overheats.

atk1721    1

True, except the mechanic told me it was not running hot and that it was just a faulty sensor. He even told me to run the boat until the part came in. That's why it was a shocker that they checked the cooling system and did the impeller. Oh well, the boat is running well and the beeps are gone. Thanks for the replies