DrNate

FX-22 - New Centurion Model?

Jakey    0

By the looks of the touch screen it looks like there could be 6 or 7 ballast tanks. I wonder if a few of them could be quick fill?

The look of the bow is totally different from anything we have seen before with the scoops at the front. It is very hard to comment without seeing the boat first hand. People are always going to have a different opinion on new products.

Im very keen to see what the wakeboarding wake will be like.

The backstage photoshoot is on now so im sure we will see a lot more photos and videos of the FX-22 soon.

truekaotik    458

I think it's a hammerhead wake throwing machine! Some flaws but never the less... A Centurion! From everyone's reactions, someone has like some aspect of the boat... I think they tried very admirably to hit all interests and demographics... It will be a eye turner, that's for sure :)

Edited by truekaotik

Troy    234

I like it from the pics :blushing: , can't wait to see it in action! :thumbsup:

lol, there are definitely some peeps drunk on the Centurion Kool-Aid in here. That thing needs some serious work still.

Edited by North West Rider

acman    59
What am I gonna use that tv screen for? (bow)

That's to keep the kids busy watching sponge bob square pants DVD's while you surf!

superdtf    68

That's to keep the kids busy watching sponge bob square pants DVD's while you surf!

I thought that was what the Nyquil is for....

I like the boat boat, but I don't want one . I hope they sell the heck out of them. I wish they would let us purchase those blower vent covers for our boats it looks like it takes care of the water problem. :thumbsup:

NWrider my mother always said if you don't have anything good to say .......

duramat    462

LOL

Or..... That just might be the ONLY way I'll ever see some hot chicks in bikinis in my front bow! (Im gonna need a good T&A movie recommendation) :thumbsup:

The boat from the side is growing on me, the front end......im not feeling it. The black scoops aint workin and detracts. Im not getting the Centurion logo in a shield, its pointless IMO, too much like lambo, Porsche, Viper logos. The Centurion Helmet logo is fine without the shield. The FX22 lettering is fine.

Armrests?......Im not feeling it

The hardtop bimini?.....I could possibly dig it. Id need to see it and check out how big it is and how strong it is.

The dash?...Im not feeling it. After checking out pics on the computer and not on the iphone I really dont like that dash. It looks cheezy. If your gonna put out a new boat and make it sleeker and more refined...that dash needs to compliment the rest of the boat

Surftabs? Im diggin it. Id love to see what it does and how it helps

Edited by duramat

DarksideR    1,679

I thought that was what the Nyquil is for....

LMAO! Too funny dude.

I'm with ya Dura. At least on most of what you're saying. :) The tabs seem kinda hokey to me. I don't necessarily doubt their effectiveness, but just looks like a cheap fix.

Those rear vent covers are a lot like I had envisioned when I first started taking water in my vents.... but duct tape does the temporary job! Lol.

This whole thing feels kinda rushed and in its early stages unfortunately. My thinking is that they've been working on it and fell behind but really wanted to show it off in Vegas. Can't say I blame them, but it really looks bad on the company as a whole to me. They should have taken some cues from the way Nautique brought out their latest boat. Hopefully there'll be some water pics and more importantly, video very soon. Put your money where your mouth is Centurion! We're all very hopeful.

Edited by DarksideR

waketoowake    0

fresh off the Facebook page of centurion.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CENTURION BOATS INTRODUCES THE NEW FX-22 WITH THE HAMMERHEAD BOW AT THE CENTURION EXPERIENCE PARTY AT LAKE LAS VEGAS

Merced, CA May 21, 2012 -

Centurion rocked Las Vegas and the rest of the boating world when it launched the all new FX-22 with the Hammerhead Bow at The Centurion Experience Party last night at Lake Las Vegas. The new FX-22 has a sleek, aerodynamic design where form and function come together to create a confluence of artistic efficiency. As the newest addition to the Centurion line, the FX-22 comes in at 22 feet 3 inches and has a beam of 102 inches making it one of the widest 22 foot boats on the market. Also, new for 2013 is Centurion’s Touch Vision electronic dashboard with LED gauges and a cool, sporty look rich in technology.

With more than 40 of its top dealers on hand for the launch party at Lake Las Vegas, the new boat took center stage as the music stopped and the bright lights illuminated the FX-22 for the first time. The room was packed and as the anticipation grew for more than hour, the boats sat covered. Then at 9 pm with Centurion’s pro athletes in the forefront, Rick Lee of Centurion took the stage and started the countdown; “Three, two,” and the thunderous sound of rocket engines rumbled through the room.

The crowd roared in the smoke-filled room as the shimmering red-and-black FX-22 was raised on a hydraulic lift, glowing with futuristic blue LED lights and a stylish white interior. One attendee, with camera phone in hand, was overheard to say, “This is crazy good!” The countdown continued three, two, one and the lights flared illuminating the FX-22 for the first time! The party continued as the DJ played into the night while onlookers were invited to inspect the new boats firsthand and Centurion factory staff answered questions.

Centurion’s President, Rick Lee said, “The FX-22 was developed applying methods used by world-class race car manufacturers, then applying them to the challenge of enhancing the Centurion experience so that all families and customers can extract maximum enjoyment. We’ve been working to develop a boat that was not like anything else on the market. We took a lot of inspiration from race car manufacturers and we think that this new boat with the Hammerhead Bow will revolutionize the watersports boat market but we need to be perfectly clear – It’s not another pickle fork boat!” Denoting the recent flood to the market, Rick Lee referred to the onslaught of “pickle fork” boats that have a distinctive “forked” look to their outline but he was insistent that the FX-22 with its exceptional styling was not another pickle fork boat.

The FX-22 has the ability to adjust performance characteristics on three-axis. 1. Ride attitude, bow up or down. 2. Left or right lean with ballast adjustments or the use of after planes. 3. Rudder loading or crab from counter weight versus opposite after plane application.

The new Centurion Touch Vision dash-pod has an advanced look and will give the driver everything needed to put the boat into the best performance for each rider with ten “saved” performance settings. Les Clark, VP of Manufacturing said, “We’re so excited about this new dashboard, it gives so much information in an intuitive and intelligent way. Our team has worked on this for a long time. Our dealers and pro team love it and it’s a huge improvement going forward.”

Another exciting feature of the FX-22 is the new collapsible Aegis tower and hardtop bimini which collapses a full seven inches lower than the 2012 model.

Centurion’s professional wakeboarding and wake surfing team consists of the most decorated athletes in the World. Centurion’s world class wakeboarding team consists of Ricky Gonzales, Noah Fleegel, and Gordon Harrison. The world renowned Centurion Pro Wake Surf Team which holds a combined 11 World Wake Surfing Championship titles includes Bri Chmel, Rebecca Ort, Keenan Fleegel and Drew Danielo.

About Centurion: Centurion Boats is most recognized as the first boat company to produce a dedicated wakesurfing boat and with its new FX-22 model, Centurion remains at the top-of-the-class in this space. In addition to world class wakesurfing boats, Centurion has been a pioneer in wakeboarding and slalom ski boat technology. Centurion held the first World Wake Surfing Championship in 1995, an event that has grown to become the world’s largest, annual, premier wake surfing event. For more information please contact Centurion Boats at 209-384-0255 or visitwww.centurionboats.com.

Kevin Baugh    78

Well the boat is growing on me but but like Centurionskier said I think I need to see it in person. I Like the 3 trim tabs and would like to try them. I like the new tower. I like the back rest behind the drivers seat. Some people have made some good points about the layout of the bow but I think the bow is much bigger than it looks from the close up pictures . The dash I dont hate it but it could use some improvement. I do like the touch screen. On a side note if you change the dash don't get your inspiration from the MC dash YUCK

DarksideR    1,679

OH YEAH... HATE THAT MC DASH more than ANY other dash I've seen. But beauty is in the eye of the blah blah blah.

Jakey    0

post-1238-0-55789100-1337662490_thumb.jpg

post-1238-0-86682100-1337662501_thumb.jpg

post-1238-0-81764300-1337662513_thumb.jpg

I really like the tower and the water shots look a lot better than on the trailer.

The tv is in the bow for the people in the bow to watch the live feed from the camera located on the tower, there is touch screen display and all sorts of tech in this thing! It was on the water today for a little bit. We are riding them tomorrow!

Avalanche1    0

Agreed Jakey...the water shots look much better than the trailer shots....Centurion needs to put some videos up of this thing in action!

truekaotik    458
lol, there are definitely some peeps drunk on the Centurion Kool-Aid in here. That thing needs some serious work still.

As you seem drunk off the HATER-AID... It's not as bad as your pushing it to be...

LakeSurfer    10

So after taking a little while to digest the boat, I thought we should list a few things I like/dont like just in case Centurion actual would like some input:

Dont Like:

1. Dash: the more I look at it the more I dont like it. I actually think this dash is worse than the 2010 dash everybody hated. I would like something more in line with Tige/Bu/Nati. (Note: this dash is so bad I would not buy the boat with it and if you take this dash to the 233/244 I will not buy another one of them either)

2. Bimini: Since the hard top is an option, I dont know why everybody hates it. With that said, I would like a Z5 cargo rack (please see Nati)

3. Nose: I am not a fan and I really think it will get old fast. Please change back to something more traditional. It could basically be the same with the vents on top and the "scoop" filled in.

4. Freeboard: I hope it is not as low as the pics make it. If it is, please make this taller. The 244 is already as low as I want and would not mind a few more inches.

Things I like:

1. bow layout: I like the speakers/cupholders above the bow cushion. I also like the armrest. I sat in the MC x25 with these and they were comfortable.

2. transom: I have this on the 244 and it is awesome

3. rear facing seat behind driver

4. New Tower which will allow me to add multiple racks and a WS Threesome speaker set up.

Jury still out:

1. Three Trim Tabs: I want to see how this works. I have yet to hear anybody say this really helped. I dont want to pay more $ for it if this is a gimmick

2. Channel on the side: If this adds to the wave, this would be cool. If this is cosmetic, I think it is ugly

Edited by LakeSurfer

Troy. R    198

As you seem drunk off the HATER-AID... It's not as bad as your pushing it to be...

^^X2

Needless to say NWR isn't running out to preorder one, but the fact that I like it doesn't make me "drunk on the centurion kool-aid". In my opinion, every aspect of the boat is very cool. My wife loves it too. I'd sell my Avy to buy one in a heartbeat for the right price...

CrewAdmin    192

WE recieved some on the water shots...Enjoy!

gallery_7_415_56896.jpg

gallery_7_415_71277.jpg

gallery_7_415_4266.jpg

gallery_7_415_22138.jpg

gallery_7_415_45240.jpg

gallery_7_415_7932.jpg

gallery_7_415_88906.jpg

gallery_7_415_71234.jpg

gallery_7_415_82047.jpg

gallery_7_415_8245.jpg

gallery_7_415_10443.jpg