Sign in to follow this  
chinocat

2003 Elite V Ballast sacs

chinocat    0

Anybody with a similar boat have any sacs under the port side seat and under the seat s in the bow. If so what sacs have you found that fit well and would work well to be plumbed in for a surf ballast setup?

Ubugme2    0

I was thinking of getting the 703 sac that is about the right size for under the seat but have never done it. I also dont have anything plumbed yet. sorry.

Troy. R    198

Measure your available space from the port locker to the observer seat. I would bet you could fit at least a W704 (62X16X10 370 lbs). You might be able to fit a W705 (60X26X10 580 lbs).

Keep in mind that the fat sacs are pliable, so it doesn't have to be an exact fit.

chinocat    0

Thanks all,

Of course the boat is six hours from where I live and its snowing like a bugger....might pick a different weekend to make that trip :rant:

Troy. R    198

For what its worth, I went with a W705 in my avalanche and it fits very well. It won't quite fill all the way, but it will provide more weight than the W704.

I'm not sure, but I would think the available space in an Elite-V would be similar to that of the Avy.

Edited by Troy. R

Audionly101    39

I am going to measure these tonight and I'll post about the size of the space available. I may order a bag for under my port seat or even get a custom size made up.

Hendo    11

Sounds like these guys have covered it. My last boat was an 04' cyclone, and a 550lb bag was about all the space I had in the locker. I'm not sure if that is the same setup as yours or not.

piper907    0

I have a 2003 typhoon and tested out the W705 sacks in the bow last weekend... They work really well.

I ordered 2 W705's to replace the W703's that I have in there now.

poosie    7

dont know if the elite v is anything like an 04 lightning but i just ordered a tube sac for under the port bench seat and im sure it will not fill all the way as the available space is about 8" but will fill as full as it will go. also a bow sac of which im a bit skeptical after what audio said about not emptying that well. will plumb them in and see what happens. good luck with yours.

chinocat    0

Now that is why I love this forum...I have been festering over what might fit for a week now...thought this morning awe hell just post it on the forum. Come back at night and tonnes of information....if only it worked that way at tax time ;)

Edited by chinocat

Audionly101    39

I measured roughly 56"L x 18"W X 7 1/2" T(high) under the port seat from the rear fiberglass divider to just into the observer seat storage area. As for the front I measured for 2 seperate bags of about 48"L x 12"W x 7 1/2" T (high).

I have two seperate knock off bags i found on Ebay under my front seat right now, but I would order the W703 (Twin 260#) for under the bow seating. And a W704 (370#) under the port seat.

Audionly101    39

Piper907 you looking to sell those W703's?

I have a 2003 typhoon and tested out the W705 sacks in the bow last weekend... They work really well.

I ordered 2 W705's to replace the W703's that I have in there now.

Edited by Audionly101