Sign in to follow this  
mighty bo

modification for cupholders

mighty bo    1

wanted to modify my cup holder area . does that piece just pop out so i can work on it or is there a proffesional i should take it two?I just wanted to take it out wrap it change the cup holders to stainless and maybe wrap in new vinyl. its that carpet material right now.Any thoughts?

Troy. R    198

I'm not sure what the cup holder area looks like on your boat, but on my '07 Avy the cup holder/speaker area is built into the side upholstry panel. Those side panels are held on by 2 nuts on my boat. It may be a similar design on yours?

Hope that helps...

mighty bo    1

gonna look at it this weekend.it looks like a carpet material now should i just wrap it in vinyl?

seymourbt    0

We have an 03 Hurricane and the cup holders/panel is built into the upholstry as well. Once you find a way to take off the 2 nuts it will pop right out no problem. The vinyl material is stapled in, and should be easy to replace.

seymourbt    0

Not yet... we've taken all the panels out of the boat, but won't get around to replacing the vinyl/carpet/speakers in the panel for another 2 weeks

seymourbt    0

Will do, I'm surprised no one else on here has chimed in. I know we aren't the first people to be doing this.

seymourbt    0

We finished replacing the vinyl, and are very happy with the way it came out. Are you still considering doing yours?

mighty bo    1

around the cup holder area?What cans do you have on your tower ?im gonna get rid of mine didnt know if you were interested or maybe had a pair to match mine

seymourbt    0

Yes around the cup holder area. We replaced the vinyl and added a 6x9 speaker on each side... Not really interested in tower speakers at this point, the speakers we had were pretty bad so we took them down, the cans weren't very good either but were for 6.5's.

seymourbt    0

sorry...can't figure out how to post a pic

mighty bo    1

email it to me if you can.did you lift the cupholders out to find the screws?

seymourbt    0

Sent you an email...let me know what questions you have