knotguilty

2012 East Coast CentuionCrew Meet

2012 East Coast CenturionCrew Meet  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Where should we meet up?

• Stonehouse Timber Lodge ? Gaston Lake http://lakegastonfun.com/index.html
    • Lake Gaston Resort ? Gaston Lake http://www.lakegastonresort.com/index.php
    • Lake Motel ? Kerr Resorvoir http://conradusa.com/lakemotel/index.html
  2. 2. What weekends are you available on?

• May 26th-28th (Memorial Day Weekend)
    • June 1st-3rd (Weekend after Memorial Day)
    • June 8th-10th (First weekend that most schools will be out)
    • June 15th-17th (Big air event was June 18th and 19th last year )
    • June 22nd-24th
    • June 29th- 1st (Weekend before the 4th)
    • July 6th- 8th (Weekend after the 4th)
    • July 13th- 15th
    • July 20th ? 22nd (Full moon on the 18th)
    • July 27th ? 29th
    • August 3rd-5th
    • August 10th-12th
    • August 17th-19th (Full Moon on the 17th)
    • August 24th-26th
    • August 31st ? Sept 2nd (Labor Day Weekend)
  3. 3. What is your preferred weekend?

• May 26th-28th (Memorial Day Weekend)
    • June 1st-3rd (Weekend after Memorial Day)
    • June 8th-10th (First weekend that most schools will be out)
    • June 15th-17th (Big air event was June 18th and 19th last year )
    • June 22nd-24th
    • June 29th- 1st (Weekend before the 4th)
    • July 6th- 8th (Weekend after the 4th)
    • July 13th- 15th
    • July 20th ? 22nd (Full moon on the 18th)
    • July 27th ? 29th
    • August 3rd-5th
    • August 10th-12th
    • August 17th-19th (Full Moon on the 17th)
    • August 24th-26th
    • August 31st ? Sept 2nd (Labor Day Weekend)

knotguilty    6

This is a continuation of the East Coast Crew Meet post Started by Ramzety on Aug 15 2011

I started this poll to help solidify the location and date for the East Coast CenturionCrew Meet. I pulled together all of the locations that were named in the post above. If there are any other locations that should be added to the list please post it below along with a link and I will add it to the poll. I included the dates between Memorial Day and Labor day (including Fridays) as potential dates. If there is another date that should be added I will add that as well.

If I may suggest, lets try to target using this poll to determine a time and a place by the end of January 2012. This way we will have plenty of time to make plans to make for a successful event!

Edited by knotguilty

Ramzety    1

Great Job...

knotguilty    6

I just did a little bit of calling around and as a result I'm changing my votes.

Let’s start with Lake Gaston Resorts. They really would like to sell you a membership to their resort. As a result they do not allow reservations more than 30 days in advance. The motel area only has 4 units and they say they book up fast and members get first run. I'm afraid it would be difficult to get a reservation without dishing out a bunch of money and being locked into a membership.

I also called Lake Motel on Kerr Reservoir. They have a boat landing about 1 mile away and a 3 boat dock by the motel. I'm sure we can tie a few more boats on if necessary. :blushing: They have about 70 rooms and stop taking advanced reservations as the rooms get close to booked up. Currently they are booked up July 20-22nd but are "Wide open" the weekends of June 15th - 17th and July 13th - 15th. I didn't ask about any other dates (sorry) because I was on the phone with the lady for about 15 minutes as it was. The rooms have Microwaves and Refrigerators and are available with 1 king or 2 queen size beds. Kids are free but adults over 18 are $5 extra after the first 2.

I also asked about the Kerr Reservoir water clarity as that was a concern. Right now during the rainy season the water is a little murky due to the recent rains. As summer comes around and the normal "winter" rains slow down the water gets much clearer and is "better than Gaston". (says the lady trying to fill up her place of employment)

I also called Adam Fields. Very nice guy! The Big Air event date is not completely nailed down in terms of when it is going to be yet but it more than likely will be tied in with the National Championships on September 15th. He also mentioned that Kerr Reservoir (pronounced "Car") is not flood controlled like Gaston so the lake shoreline is not well defined and changes with the level of the water. That being said he also mentioned that for the most part there are house rentals on Lake Gaston unless you want to camp out. The hotels are further out but we could meet on the lake at a public boat launch.

PayCheck    20

kerr lake has LOW boat traffic, and LOW police attendance. and they have maps of sandbars, i have been boating there for 15 years and the water level and sandbars are not of much concern until mid-late july into august. adam fields is a super cool guy, i went to his camp for 2 days i love his place but SOOOO much traffic even during the week. all the centurion boats wont exactly help with traffic either... :thumbsup:

PayCheck    20

when does the topic end? and what if we end in a tie?

Ramzety    1

Where is everyone at that said they where in???

I am good with Keer lake as well just need to stay down on the south end of the lake. There are several camp grounds that are nice, just no cabins.

Either way I will be on HYCO lake all summer as well so if anyone wants to surf let me know...

Rich....

jdb11386    1

Anytime or place will work for me, I feel like I can make arrangements to go. Just as long as there are plenty of people around to see my friends and I do something stupid. We love an audience.

PayCheck    20

there will be few spectators... but lots of crew hopefully! lots of people have just sat on their dock and just watched us wakeboard... we get yelled at for surfing in my cove :rant:

jdb go for kerr! :thumbsup:

Edited by PayCheck

knotguilty    6

OK, January is behind us. Looks like we have a tie for people who prefer May 26th-28th, June 15th-17th and July 13-15th. More people are available on July 13-15th. Can I get a motion to decide on July 13-15th?

Who doesn't mind going to Gaston? Who doesn't mind going to Kerr? In other words who is available to go to either lake? I am. Anyone else? Any ideas on how to break the tie?

vr6wannabe    0

I know this doesnt help much, but as far as im concerned the drive distance for me is about equal. I havnt been to either lake before. However I will agree on the date july 13-15 is good for me!

vr6wannabe    0

to answer ur question, either lake is good for me. july 13th-15th is a good date as well!

PayCheck    20

do we know if we will be able to get the reservations at gaston without the memberships?

knotguilty    6

do we know if we will be able to get the reservations at gaston without the memberships?

I would say the chances are not good.

knotguilty    6

Looks like we have a motion for July 13-15. Anyone want to second the motion and make it final?

So it looks like if we take vr6wannabe's vote and put him in the Stonehouse Timber Lodge category (Undecided) then we have a one person lead on Kerr. Anyone want to make a motion? Second to make it final?

knotguilty    6

9 people have voted. I assume these are the people that can bring boats. Big assumption here I know. I'm bringing mine. Once we nail down a date and place we can start to advertise and bring in other crew. I for one am looking forward to meeting new people that share the love of water like I do. What better way than filling up the cooler and inviting them out on the wave (ahem...boat).

9 boats and a bunch crew....recipe for a great time!!!

PayCheck    20

Looks like we have a motion for July 13-15. Anyone want to second the motion and make it final?

So it looks like if we take vr6wannabe's vote and put him in the Stonehouse Timber Lodge category (Undecided) then we have a one person lead on Kerr. Anyone want to make a motion? Second to make it final?

sounds like a plan to me! i 2nd

knotguilty    6

Motion for Kerr Lake Friday July 13th through July 15th. I'm ready to go!

Lake Motel Ends up being $77.34 per night after tax. If we book more than 10 rooms then I can negotiate a group rate. Just mention Centurion Crew when you book.