Sign in to follow this  
Dave Mendlen

Tower Lights for Gladiator Tower?

These lights are 10W and 12W. That doesn't seem very bright?

What are most tower lights in terms of brightness/wattage?

Anyone know what the factory lights are on the new Centurions and how bright they are?

h20king    794

Dave you are looking at it the wrong way its not watts that matter its lumen's.Lumen's is the measurement of light produced.Each one of the vision x Led lights put out as much light as two 50 watt halogen lights with a significant difference in power draw.Two LED's would be equal to four halogen lights and will be much easier on your boats electrical system.I would recommend two wide beam pointing backward and two narrow beam pointing foreword and your set.................................H

LakeSurfer    10

http://visionxsupers...rimeLEDPod.aspx these are the best LED tower lights I have found I have them on my boat and love them.......................H

I had these on my Avy and they are great. However, they were not very easy to add to the Evolution tower and my guess is that is will be the same for the Gladiator tower. If the lights from Skylon are nearly as efficient and and bright (which they appear to be), I will be buying those because of the clean mount and they swivel 180 degrees.

Edited by LakeSurfer

duffymahoney    10

Yeah they are 70 lumes less. Visionx makes nice products. I had their under water lights on my avalanche and they were super bright.

LakeSurfer    10

Yeah they are 70 lumes less. Visionx makes nice products. I had their under water lights on my avalanche and they were super bright.

I just noticed that the Bakes lights are now LED. They weren't last year when I was looking at them. Those are much better.

duffymahoney    10

I believe they actually make these. The malibu guys give them great reviews. These are gonna go on my tige next summer. Two facing forward and two facing back. Should provide plenty of light. I do miss my avy's KC daylighters though:(