Hendo

Possible new boat, anyone in Visalia CA?

Hendo    11

Greetings crew!! As I sit in the office watching it snow outside, I dream about that May day when we get to start surfing again here in Indiana!! :surfing2: I have found a boat I like in Visalia California, and am thinking around some of the logistics if i can get it purchased. I really dont want to put it on a semi, for fear it will be drug through salt all the way home!! So then I consider storing it in CA? And of course I encounter the cost of flying out to see it, because who spends $50k sight unseen? Of course I am already shopping out of my price range, so these costs are scaring me a little.

Has anyone done it?

How much did it cost you to ship one?

How bad is storage there in expensive california?

Thanks all!!

duffymahoney    10

You could have the boat shrink wrapped and it would be protected. I shipped my boat from vegas to Idaho for 700 bucks via uship. The company I used was great and text me updates on their location. They even blew out a bearing and had all the tools to repair on the spot free of charge.

As for sight unseen. I will give you warning. I got screwed, and I learned a valuable lesson. I was told the boat was in near perfect condition and they were very wrong. I spent close to 3k on spider cracks, gel coat cracks and underwater damage. I would have a cerified marine shop do a full inspection on it. Get someone that will stand behind their inspection. Also maybe have one of the crew go check the boat out. Maybe buy him lunch and gas or something. I have looked at a few boats for crew members over the years. Good luck.

truekaotik    458

Be careful with buying unseen... I almost did it once, decided to go see and was glad I did...

Hendo    11

Thanks for the feedback on this. Shipping will be $2200. Not ideal, but not a dealbreaker if i can buy it right. H20 that avalanche is super sharp, but im thinking for the money an enzo might be a better buy? Here is the unit I'm looking at. Ive never seen a 240 in person, but am sure it would be great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-CENTURION-ENZO-SV240-TOO-MANY-UPGRADES-LIST-?cmd=ViewItem&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4703879140859160809&_trksid=p5197.m7&item=230711492296

Spud    7

Hendo how long would you be storing it in CA?

Hendo    11

Probably until end of March, beginning of April. When I spoke to the owner, I mentioned him storing it for me until that time, and he didnt seem too worried about that.

truekaotik    458

You get that 3000# pig and I'm making a trip to noblesville to see that wake :-) jk

Hendo    11

H20, does the offer still stand? I'm interested in the avalanche!! :thumbsup:

duffymahoney    10
duffymahoney    10

I would buy that typhoon in 2 seconds. Great deal.

h20king    794

H20, does the offer still stand? I'm interested in the avalanche!! :thumbsup:

Sure and if you would like the extra piece of mind my brother owns a boat repair shop here in Gresham which is about 15 miles from the boat so you could have a professional pre buy inspection done if you would like feel free to give him a call if you would like...............................................H

http://gonyeasmarine.com/

Wiggles    2

I love the look of that tower on the Typhoon!!! looks unreal, if i ever have to replace my swoop I think that is the style I'll be looking for!!

duffymahoney    10

Those forward towers just came out. I bet that typhoon didn't come from the factory with one. When i was looking for a boat last year I found a few that didn't have towers.

Hendo    11

Thanks everyone for the input. The avalanche guy and I just met on a price!! Assuming it passes inspection, she's mine!!

Guess what I'll be doing tonight??

:drinks: Happy Friday, and many thanks to H20!!

duffymahoney    10

Hendo,

That typhoon might be a better deal and a better boat. An extra foot really makes a difference on how cramped the boat will feel and should make it so you can hide more weight. Looks like they are both storm 1 packages?

Hendo    11

Duffy,

If I remember correctly the Typhoon doesnt have the same hull as the avalanche, and isnt as good for surfing. I do like the looks of that, but if I go 23' I think i might try to find an enzo.

duffymahoney    10

The typhoon changed in like 05 to the same hull as the avalanche anything prior had a strange step in it. So the Typhoon c4 has the exact same hull as the avalanche c4. The typhoon c4 might be one of the better wakesurf boats made for surfing both sides. I would put it at top 3 on my list if not higher. So basically you would get a foot longer surfing machine then the avalanche. I owned an avalanche for 3 years and it was an amazing surf machine and I had it dialed. Good luck, both boats are super sick.

h20king    794

You made the right choice the Avy is a smoking deal with low hours.The cheep aftermarket tower on the typhoon is hideous plus I have read more bad than good on olinger marine.Glad I could help hope all goes well and you love your new ride...........................................H