DrNate

Better wakesurf rack?

duramat    462

I have no idea WHAT you are talking about :innocent::rolleyes:

Was trying to avoid talking about that. But in all

honesty, that board took a pretty hard impact and had... not too bad of damage... sorta. Did anyone catch the quick clip in my video that showed how it happened? I had to put it in, no matter how much it pains me to see it. Sorry again Toby.

I don't really care for the direction of which this thread has gone. I think it's great that people show their love for the boards and companies that make them, but, the more you keep pushing

it, claiming one better/more durable, the less I'm starting to like it. Custom boards... in fact, all fiberglass boards are fragile. Some more than others.

You mean like...."TIGE! TIGE! TIGE! TIGE!" (inside joke for some)

I need to go back and watch for that clip!! LOL

Your fine Duff, it's good to hear from those with different boards on just how fragile different boards are. Not all are going to buy the same brand or new. If someone finds a deal on a used board it's good info from someone who may have owned/owns one.

duramat    462

Hey Toby, the SC held up pretty good compared to the Ronix eh?? :thumbsup:

I know you laughed!! LOL

rawinnin    73

Sorry if I hurt this thread! I was just trying to help. I have been through this rack issue myself for the last 3 years and finally found something I am happy with.

I dont believe anyone thinks you hurt this thread. You stated your opinion and I am sure everyone respects the amount of passion you have for the board or boards which you love so much and want to keep protected.

We all need to remember DrNate here!

He is looking for options on racks and the best thing we can do as passionate members of this group is to help Nate find as many options for his need as possible. Then we let him decide on what he thinks would work best for his need. Once he has made a decision we all support him and watch him progress on his new board/boards that he plans to get no matter what board or racks he goes with.

Lets show him some more rack options.

h20king    794

I have the Gladiator tower with the swivel skylon racks. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but I thought I've seen some of you guys utilizing some better surf racks with longer tines and more rubber cushion. Is there one that is a "plug and play" so to speak for this:

http://www.skylonspo...o-polished.html

I'm thinking of better protecting my upcoming investments. I'm not about to lay down the cash for a Soulcraft board just to have it get beat up in the rack.

I think some of you should re read the thread Nate asked a specific question about racks and soulcraft boards.I shared my experience with the product he had asked about and what has worked for me.Not sure how it came down to a pissing match and got off track comparing shredstixx to soulcraft but this is an on line forum and everybody has their own opinion.I am not pushing one brand over the other in fact we own a shredstixx as well.Bottom line is spend your $$$$ on what you like.The safest way to transport a custom board while on the boat is in a padded bag in the bow like many others do.I am however sorry if it came off like I'm trying to push soulcraft.I love their goods but understand what works for me might not work for the next guy....................................H

post-777-0-02619900-1321805073_thumb.jpg

DrNate    426

It must be winter time :) Everyone's cranky because we're all in withdrawals

truekaotik    458
It must be winter time :) Everyone's cranky because we're all in withdrawals

Haha agreed ;-) this is prolly only the start of it too... LOL

doug743    53

i am not sure what i will get for the new boat. i have really never cared for any of the racks, but i def want them to swivel and i want them to be really wide. I am going to get a neo sock made to slide over the stixx and any other board i pick up that will help the dinging

LakeSurfer    10

i am not sure what i will get for the new boat. i have really never cared for any of the racks, but i def want them to swivel and i want them to be really wide. I am going to get a neo sock made to slide over the stixx and any other board i pick up that will help the dinging

If my boat did not already come with racks, I would have ordered Sampson racks again. They come in several different widths/lengths. Order the longest/widest racks and leave the board in the sock until you get to the surf spot.

http://www.samsonsports.com/wakeboard_tower_boardracks.html

ricgasp    0

My buddy has the racks that have a mechanical clamping system no bungees!

Anyone know where to get these?

DaveO    0

Yeah

Buy a Mastercraft

I think they're the only ones that have the clamp type racks

DarksideR    1,679

I think Tige does too.

duffymahoney    10

Tige does, but boy are they expensive.

WakeDoc    471

if you are putting dents in your boards loosen your bungees, the ONLY damage I have ever seen a rack cause was due to over tight bungees.

superdtf    68

For us, fragile/custom boards don't go in racks. I'd like to get surf racks like these:

600338_10150965343064223_1801647612_n.jpg

Then I'd put them in racks.

duffymahoney    10

So far no dings, dents or cracks from the rack I bought off piper.

Shaka    146

For us, fragile/custom boards don't go in racks. I'd like to get surf racks like these:

600338_10150965343064223_1801647612_n.jpg

Then I'd put them in racks.

I've got that exact setup on order. Should be ready any day.

superdtf    68

I've got that exact setup on order. Should be ready any day.

I wanna come see it when you do.

Shaka    146

I wanna come see it when you do.

No prob.