DrNate

Better wakesurf rack?

DrNate    426

I have the Gladiator tower with the swivel skylon racks. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but I thought I've seen some of you guys utilizing some better surf racks with longer tines and more rubber cushion. Is there one that is a "plug and play" so to speak for this:

http://www.skylonsports.com/wakeboard-racks/xrack-combo-polished.html

I'm thinking of better protecting my upcoming investments. I'm not about to lay down the cash for a Soulcraft board just to have it get beat up in the rack.

kriskussee    9

Nice Rack - Double Wakesurf Rack is the only one I have ever seen so I made my own.

Search this on this site & you will find out what I and others said and did (WakeSurf Rack Finger Plates)

rawinnin    73

I have the Gladiator tower with the swivel skylon racks. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but I thought I've seen some of you guys utilizing some better surf racks with longer tines and more rubber cushion. Is there one that is a "plug and play" so to speak for this:

http://www.skylonspo...o-polished.html

I'm thinking of better protecting my upcoming investments. I'm not about to lay down the cash for a Soulcraft board just to have it get beat up in the rack.

Nate you should be able to just get the fingers from Nice Racks and bolt them straight to your exsiting plate. Get with Doc and he can point you in the right direction.

duffymahoney    10

Niceracks will not protect a high end board. I made my own and so far it works great, I can post pictures tomorrow if you want.

duffymahoney    10

Ok I can't upload pictures, anyone else having this issue?

LakeSurfer    10

Ok I can't upload pictures, anyone else having this issue?

my guess is that you are over your limit. You need go into your profile and delete (My Settings -> Manage Attachments) some of the pictures you posted in the post to free up space.

Edited by LakeSurfer

LakeSurfer    10
CDABOAT@YAHOO.COM[/email]

CDABOAT: I see you are in Trophy Club. There are a few of us that surf on Lewisville (I live in Highland Village). I just put my Enzo 244 up for the Winter, but should be pulling it out around middle of March. Let me know if you ever want to go ride.

CDABOAT    14

CDABOAT: I see you are in Trophy Club. There are a few of us that surf on Lewisville (I live in Highland Village). I just put my Enzo 244 up for the Winter, but should be pulling it out around middle of March. Let me know if you ever want to go ride.

Thanks so much, Wake Surfer!!! I'll definitely take you up on that for sure! Just got the Enzo earlier this month. Bank repo - got it at an INSANE price... She's at my buddy's shop for the winter.. going to get 1100 LBS of ballast on each side as well some other mods, etc. Looking forward to the Spring for sure!! Email me any time at CDABOAT@YAHOO.COM... Can't wait to do some surf sets in 2012!!!!

rawinnin    73

Niceracks will not protect a high end board.

With all do respect I think this is a matter of opinion. I have seen many highend boards in the nice racks and they are protected. Althought you may have a great option for your taste.

DrNate if you get with WakeDoc he can help point you in several directions

Edited by rawinnin

duffymahoney    10

I owned a nice rack on my avalanche. Very pretty and very well made, but it has no padding. These high end custom boards need to be treated like eggs. This isn't an opinion. For some reason I can't post pictures. If you are riding inland surfer, or skim boards or any other sturdy board a nice rack will work perfect.

rawinnin    73

I owned a nice rack on my avalanche. Very pretty and very well made, but it has no padding. These high end custom boards need to be treated like eggs. This isn't an opinion. For some reason I can't post pictures. If you are riding inland surfer, or skim boards or any other sturdy board a nice rack will work perfect.

Again matter of opinion I know plenty of people with High End Custom boards such as Walkers or Soul Craft or even one off customer built, using this rack. Here is a pic of the nice rack. Nate asked for a plug n play and this is an option for him. The fingers can be ordered rather than ordering a complete rack and they will bolt directly to his plate which is what he asked for. Great option although there are others out there that may work just as well.

3b32c8891bb4a43370c6e89b31095a60.image.200x142.jpg

LakeSurfer    10

Nice Rack: I may be wrong, but I thought these guys went out of business. So I dont think you can order new forks. I think you can still find some guys that have left over inventory.

duffymahoney    10

Again matter of opinion I know plenty of people with High End Custom boards such as Walkers or Soul Craft or even one off customer built, using this rack. Here is a pic of the nice rack. Nate asked for a plug n play and this is an option for him. The fingers can be ordered rather than ordering a complete rack and they will bolt directly to his plate which is what he asked for. Great option although there are others out there that may work just as well.

If you show me custom fragile board i will show you spider cracks and damage from the rack. I hurt a walker, a locally built custom board and a few shred stixx's in a nice rack. There is no rack out on the market that has the padding needed. Again they must be treated gently and carefully. The nice rack is one of the nicest built I have seen. It worked great for my commercially made shred stixx and a island surfer board along with a handfull of other brands. Great rack, just doesn't have the padding needed.

DrNate    426

How much would it help to keep the board(s) in their socks while in the rack?

h20king    794

Nate The soulcraft boards are fragile but not as fragile as Duffy says.I have Samson racks and carry my board in them with no damage.I just make sure to put some padding on the edge the bungees touch and never let the board roast in the sun.............................H

post-777-0-35108200-1321628574_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-91272800-1321628588_thumb.jpg

doug743    53

my nice racks dented my shred stixx board, even before we go to our spot the first time i put it in the rack.lol they work fine, but i can see where a softer pad would really help,, when you are hitting chop or even from vibration, the shred stixx is so soft, it can dent just thinking about it

duffymahoney    10

Most high end surfboard use the same parts. Epoxy, glass etc... amounts and weights are the only real variable. I know shred stixx is starting to put carbon on the rails to help with the racks. My last board was a s-glass (somehow it's stronger) and it seemed to hold up better, but still having it in a padded rack will protect your investment. Soulcrafts could have higher weight glass on the rails or 2 layers. Still my vote is to protect them. I tried a surf sock and they helped a little. I would say either make a padded rack or keep them out of racks. Ok here is the big one, keep them out of racks while in chop or nasty water!!