Packrat    13

I was having a hard time finding decent priced trailer rims to replace the chrome ones that keep rusting. Found treadittire.com which showed the different models and then I found mike at customtrailerwheels.com where I got a good price. I plan to get the T03 black. I have a 2008 VM trailer and the size is 14 x 6 5 on 4.5. The Supreme 2011 VM trailer is the same.

Edited by Packrat

Troy    234

For rims, what is the differance from a trailer rim and a truck rim? I would think any rim with the correct bolt pattern would work.

Packrat    13

Can't really say if any rim with the right bolt pattern will work. They do have different load capacities. These are 1900 lbs per wheel.

LakeSurfer    10

Can't really say if any rim with the right bolt pattern will work. They do have different load capacities. These are 1900 lbs per wheel.

I called VM a while back and they told me that in general any wheel that will fit a 2008 Ford Ranger 2WD will work. I figured I could put 16in wheels on the trailer without having to mod the fenders.

http://www.wheelsnext.com/default.cfm?home=wheels&action=dspSearchVehicleWheels

Here are the details on my wheels

Wheel: 14x6

Offset: 0

bolt pattern: 5 on 4 ½

Tire: 20575D14C

Rear Space: 3.5”

Weight: 1,870

Pilot Hole: 3.3

My fender was 66X9

Joe B    17

Offset needs to be 0, width cant go too wide.

I upgraded to 18" and needed new fenders

h20king    794

Well its time again to start ordering parts for this years upgrades.Just placed an order for a set of trailer wheels I'm going with a 15" rim so I don't have to modify the trailer more pics to come......................H

post-777-0-12443900-1329530950_thumb.jpg

Edited by h20king

PayCheck    20

i wish i could get some new rims, boy theyre expensive. do you think its too neccessary to spend that much money, unless your trailered a lot

Carter13    69

Funny timing H,

My wife picked those same wheels out and I PM'd Roger last night about offset and which ones he went with.

You got good taste bud. Pictures to follow also. I got the thumbs up to go naked also.

duramat    462

Beautiful rims, they'll look like the Shizzle!

Carter13    69
i wish i could get some new rims, boy theyre expensive. do you think its too neccessary to spend that much money, unless your trailered a lot

They are only $82 per wheel plus shipping.

I would not be replacing my stock wheels but one of them got boned last summer with a blow out so I figure why not upgrade. http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/5105-carlisle-tires-happened-to-me/

I am replacing my three year old Carlisle's with Maxxis.

Are you replacing your tires Harold or are you gunna roll the dice?

h20king    794

Carter that is to funny.I went with a 15" rim so new tires will be needed not going to press my luck.........................H

Packrat    13

where are you guys going to buy the tires and which kind? I need to get some new tires also.

Carter13    69

Harold- I missed that you typed 15 inch so my tire question made me look like a doo-mas. Will there be plenty of room left with the 1 inch larger or is it gunna be tight?

Rodger- I bought my last set from America's Tire because they were the cheapest I could find. I am going with the Maxxis 8008 but have not priced them yet.

h20king    794

Rodger I will be using Less Schwab for the tires.I am planing on installing a lower profile tire on the new rims so the overall outer diameter will be the same as what came with the boat.I am also wheel shopping for the truck I don't think I can find an exact match but have a couple I like that are similar.As Doc says sling the bling LOL............................H

Edited by h20king

h20king    794

Carter I am thinking of going with these rims in 18" thats 1" over stock don't want to go any bigger because I don't want to lift the truck and I don't want the tires to rub.I am thinking a 275 series tire what do you recommend?? I think both rims go well together what do you think??..................................................H

post-777-0-00713400-1329597049_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-49279400-1329597104_thumb.jpg

Edited by h20king

Carter13    69

That would be a good looking combination. For my stock wheels I am either going with a 285/75 or a 305/70 E rated Nitto tire. I don't know the breakdown on the 18's as far as tires.

The main concern is what backspacing is needed with aftermarket wheels to keep from rubbing.

Check here for helpful info. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-forum/259656-official-wheel-tire-backspace-offset-fitment-thread.html

h20king    794

For anyone with a VM trailer that would like custom rims that require no fender mods and come at a reasonable price here is a link to where I bought mine.Although I won mine on an e-bay auction I did go back to the seller to purchase lug nuts, wheel locks, stainless ez lube center caps and an extra rim so I have a matching spare.They were quick to respond to e -mails and answered all my questions.Here is a pic of a trailer with the rims I ordered sorry it is not a centurion...................................H

http://ricks-tire.com/

post-777-0-97075000-1329934360_thumb.jpg

Bongo Fury    640

H..where do you keep your spare? Is it mounted on the trailer?

h20king    794

H I had a half ton truck before so I carried the spare in the bed of the truck because I did not want to add any extra tongue weight.Now that I have the one ton dodge tongue weight is no longer a concern.I plan to buy a mount and put the spare on the trailer as well as change out the trailer jack to the new Fulton F2.I bought an adapter plate to make the conversion super easy http://www.liquidcut.com/tools.aspx I could have made it myself but spare time is hard to find lately...............................H

h20king    794

Well I have been wheel shopping for the truck for weeks and have been unable to make a decision. Well the decision is made.I just placed my order for a set of HELO 835 rims.I could not bring myself to go with a 18's so 20's it is.I will be running a E rated Nitto Tera grappler AT tire size 295/60/20. Best price I found was from 4wheelonline.com with free shipping.I think I made a good choice and the wheels are very similar to the ones I ordered for the boat. Here is the final side by side pics........................H

post-777-0-09118300-1330220732_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-07203300-1330220742_thumb.jpg