srtsplitty

Ordering my 233 this week...

srtsplitty    0

So I am coming over from a 2011 RZ2 and ordering my Centurion this week...I have gone over the options time and time again. I am looking for some feedback from some current owners of what options are a MUST have. As in should I get their ballast set up or get my own made etc...

Also, my Tige has the full Wetsounds factory set up and I am thinking about just getting Centurions base stereo and doing my own thing aftermarket with a company I often use locally...Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

IROCNParts    108

Id actually like to know what the options list is on the 2012s if you dont mind me asking

Ill gladly give you my input... Ive currently got a 09 enzo 240

So I am coming over from a 2011 RZ2 and ordering my Centurion this week...I have gone over the options time and time again. I am looking for some feedback from some current owners of what options are a MUST have. As in should I get their ballast set up or get my own made etc...

Also, my Tige has the full Wetsounds factory set up and I am thinking about just getting Centurions base stereo and doing my own thing aftermarket with a company I often use locally...Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

The boat is fully wired for all options... So the wiring is all there for extra speakers and such. .. The heater in these boats is great, not sure where you live.

Matthew

bobback    3

srtsplitty...what made you decide to go from Tige to Centurion?

rick9021    0

I ordered my 2011 SV230+ with all the factory ballast options available. I have yet to use the bow ballast, the trim plate seems to work very well for how we use the boat surfing. I think a guy could fit a bigger sac in the mid port locker of my boat, but the starboard side doesn't have any extra room. I added a sac to the port rear locker (650#) which is a must have. We mainly surf on the port side. Can't really thing of anything I would change. Rode behind a different brand boat yesterday, lets just say thats all it takes to really appreciate the Enzo!!! I also deleted the stereo option when ordering and went to the local stereo shop to have mine done. Wetsounds are great!

Edited by rick9021

I'm following this closely as I expect to order a 233 shortly.

The navigational layout of the Centurion website is simply awful. Viewing and choosing options is cumbersome and repetitive and the info provided doesn't always answer the question.

What are the concerns on the upgraded Wetsounds stereo? Seems like people in this thread are bypassing that option for something else?

rick9021    0

I ordered my 2011 SV230+ with all the factory ballast options available. I have yet to use the bow ballast, the trim plate seems to work very well for how we use the boat surfing. I think a guy could fit a bigger sac in the mid port locker of my boat, but the starboard side doesn't have any extra room. I added a sac to the port rear locker (650#) which is a must have. We mainly surf on the port side. Can't really thing of anything I would change. Rode behind a different brand boat yesterday, lets just say thats all it takes to really appreciate the Enzo!!! I also deleted the stereo option when ordering and went to the local stereo shop to have mine done. Wetsounds are great!

To clarify, Wetsounds was not an option on the 2011.....

superdtf    68

srtsplitty...what made you decide to go from Tige to Centurion?

I'm curious too. The RZ2 is one of two other boats that surf nearly as well as the Enzo (the SupremeV226 being the other). So why the switch?

-I have a secret desire that it's the super-ugly nose.:diablo:

Edited by superdtf

superdtf    68

Oh yeah... I have a switchblade; for me it's a must-have.

Joe B    17

I would delete the stereo and go custom with a local shop myself. Get swivel surf racks now unless you know other manu fit. Take a look at the bimini, I went aftermarket when i bought mine for something more sturdy (not sure with that tower). You could get the stock ballast setup but get ready to buy custom sacs asap.

Not sure if switchblade is an option anymore, I don't think it is, might be clearance issues with autofill ballast??? At least make sure it has an auto-wakeplate hopefully it's 12"+ from the transom. :surfing2:

Based on Kevin's boat build, Closed Cooling System would be huge at resale time.

Edited by Joe B

srtsplitty    0

I am switching over to Centurion for many reason's, but one of them being the wave on the Enzo is a bit longer even with adding weight to the RZ2. The Tige is a GREAT boat don't get me wrong, but it is just time for a change. I have quite a few things in the works business wise which I am sure you all will hear about soon. Centurion is at the forefront of wakesurfing and is continuing to make huge steps in the industry. A big reason for the switch is the fact that the company over all is very enthusiastic about helping water sports grow as a whole. I am big on that...sure they want to sell boats, but also have a proven dedication to their customers wants/needs.

srtsplitty    0

Really wish they had a mister for the SV boats...being in Texas that alone would be all I cared about! I can only dream of an air conditioner for a boat!

How about going to a local place that sells them for patios, etc.

The ones I have seen on patios are just plastic tubing that connects to brass fittings that have a mister head on it. Run it up your tower and connect them where you want. Then all you need is to hook it to a Jabsco pump and fire it up.

I Might just have to try this myself.

srtsplitty    0

haha yeah I really thought about doing this. A mister would be an awesome option to have especially when we are having constant 100+ temps day after day. It isn't so much that it is hot outside, but it has been hot so long now with no rain that the lakes are heating up. It is almost not refreshing to jump in the water anymore!

WakeDoc    471

Air was 102 and water was 92 last weekend at Fayette County can't even ride at Somerville anymore. We buy the cheap pump up 1 gallon garden sprayers, fill it full of ice add tap/bottle water [not lake water, it will cloug them up] set the nozzle to a fine mist, lock the trigger down and pass it around the crew.

I used to us one like this for the driver (me) clip it to the mirror, pump it up, put the bottle in the storage net in the walk thru and enjoy.

$(KGrHqQOKp0E4lSIsSizBOL7VbJk(g~~0_12.JPG

I was also looking at the Cool Camper system from MistyMate Pump it up, put the bottle under the observers seat and clip the hose along the front of the bimini, instant AC! Like This..

cool_camper_6_box_layout-1.jpg

ot this...

tailgaters.jpg

Maybe a future Crew Deal?

srtsplitty    0

Ok so I will make this my priority to come up with something for the boat. I have a plan...a way to use lake water with a filter!

superdtf    68

I think we need to get Sporty involved on fabbing something a little more "intentional".

Doh! Just noticed he's in BC Canada, prolly not too interested in a mister project.

Edited by superdtf

I just purchased at of all places a Mister Kit from Walmart. I am going to see if I can install a T and a valve off of my Jabsco to see how it work. I just plan on wire tying it up on the tower and run a garden hose from the T to see how it works. If it works then I will try to see how to permanently mount it on the tower and run it up under the deck from the rear fof the bilge.

This is what I got http://www.orbitonline.com/products/Kits/04/04/10/114/

Paid 20.00 for it. FIgured it was worth trying.