You ask and you shall receive.

I have to confess, when I first saw the boat I said to myself "what in the world have they done", but after walking around it and listening to their intentions for the boat it kind of makes sense. They are going after a couple of different buyers. One being the jet boat buyer and the other being a budget boat buyer. The thing will retail at $29995 and that does include a tower, 350 mag motor, cover ( I think), and a few others. Overall I think it will be a successful venture. Let us know what you think!

post-55-1226612632_thumb.jpg

post-55-1226612645_thumb.jpg

post-55-1226612654_thumb.jpg

post-55-1226612663_thumb.jpg

Holly lake of ugly batman! What is up with the launch pad for a swim platform??? Is this some kind of special boat for parasailing? I have seen that platform before, but do not remember where.... I am going to sit back and watch the sales on this. I will be very surprised if it takes off.

I don't think anyone ( including Fineline ) is expecting this boat to have huge sales numbers. Rick Lee even advised dealers not to over order and maybe just order one if they were confident they could sell it. Again, it is just something to test as an alternative in the marketplace.

duramat    462

Nate~ Is sideswipe available? and can you put a switchblade on it? Just courious. My kids would be all over the swim platform. Looking at the pics,,,,,,now why exactly did they do to the swim platform the way they did and what are the 3 circles in the platform?

Joe B    17

Wow. Just too many lines and odd shapes. Looks like it's very functional but...but... ugly comes to mind.

I see the relation to jet boats but if you are going to have the 'no windsheild' look then to balance the look you need a second passenger console to give it the fighter jet cockpit look that a cat go-fast has---but it would kill that bench seat and people capacity. Your buyer won't care what it looks like if it can hold a bunch of people and, great wake for boarding and surfing.

The thing that really messes up this boat is the tower. The boat is streamlined with low windsheild and cockpit, long slim integrated swim platform (it is auto ballast like the old wave), yet you have this high tower. Throws off the little bit of streamlines that this boat has. Throw on the old swoop tower and bimini UNDER the tower and you might clean it up.

Imagine this boat without a tower or at least a bimini under the tower and it looks pretty good. Looks like a jet boat with a v-drive that some people will buy. CHANGE THE TOWER!

Teak strip flooring is sweet touch. Any pics of the wake?

Keep the options low and price low and you'll find some buyers. Won't be a huge seller but will get some people into the sport.

Here's a very quick photo edit of a lower and no tower: post-51-1226625612_thumb.jpgWaveboat2.bmp

Edited by Joe B

Joe - You hit it on the head. That is the prototype and the comments and suggestions that you made are exactly what Fineline and us dealers want to hear. I kind of agree with the tower suggestion, but I will advise everyone to just get used to that tower on all Centurion models, I'd be willing to bet that it becomes the standard and only tower offered. I really did not like the tower at first, but it is starting to grow on me.

The teak flooring will not be offered on the boat. At this point it is a toss up between glued in and snap in....I know what everyone is thinking " snap in " I agree too, but to keep the overall cost down all things have to be considered. I am unsure of Side Swipe and Switchblade, as far as I know we can option this boat just like we do an Air Warrior.

I failed to mention in my initial post that this boat has an incredible amount of room in it.

Joe - I also met your new dealer this week. He seems to be a super guy and has great plans to be a strong dealer and really wants to put Centurion on the map. He and I also had a chance to talk with another dealer and were brainstorming on a few different ideas....we will see what happens.

ladderrat    0

wow! that has to be the ugliest deckboat i have ever seen!! jk. i actually think this thing would do well for private lake boat owners with the 21ft restriction, small, throws a wake, lots of open space for groups. i would actually look at it for that specific purpose. and yes, dump the tower...... makes it look like a pontoon with a bimini! let the dealer stick an aftermarket on it or something!!

oh yeah, the flooring- like epics idea with the glue in foam/composite flooring- would fit the utility/multi use style of the boat......

my 2 cents, hope everyone is makin it through withdrawls!!!!

wahi wahi guys

dave

duramat    462

Nate, What is the length of the boat? Im guessing this is an all about runabout boat that caters to the family that wants to ski, wakeboard, wakesurf, and fish by possibly strapping on a live well on the swim platform? :D

Centurion is known for its boats and the sport of Wakesurfing, by calling it the "wave" are we setting it up for failure? Mabe another name would be more appropiate. I.E. the GM Hummer. The GM Hummer is not a Hummer to me, it is nothing more than a Yukon/Tahoe chasis with a shell to look like a Hummer, and the minute you take it off the road you'll have it burried up to its axles in mud. But heh,,,Its called a Hummer. I just dont see that boat as a true wakesurfing, wakeboarding boat and to tie it to a sport through a word associated with the sport just doesnt do it for me. Did that make any sense? Thats just me though, but I did buy a centurion product and there was a lot of thought that went into that decision as well. I dont care for the name, just me. But at least theyre trying something new and out of the box.

It's right at 20 feet if my mind serves me correctly. As far as setting it up for failure; I cannot answer that question, I do know that it was the first ever surf boat. So keeping that in mind I think it will be ok.

Surfdad    0

There used to be a picture of the wake that little boat threw down at the First World Wakesurf Championships held down in Mission Bay. I want to say it was someone riding a Rusty Shortboard. It was a pretty nice wake. The rounded chines make this really mellow transition and also, it looked like the wake didn't collapse too close to the boat. Does anyone still have that picture? Port side of the boat, rider with his back to the camera and I can "see" the giant R Rusty logo on the nose.

duramat    462

Nate your right, my bad. Come to think of it I do remember seeing on the Centurion website a picture of their first wakesurf specific boat and sure enough "the Wave" was on it. And now it all clicks. (ya Im a little slower :D ) Makes sense now. I can understand why that boat was called the "Wave" for obvious reasons with the new birth of the sport. I would think it would be better to bring back the name to a future boat/ hull design that would be the ultimate for wakesurfing. Ok.. Im done, I'll go back to my corner and see how this all pans out.

I think this is a great boat for the price. I also think this is a great idea. with the way the economy is for a family to get a roomy boat, That has a tower, makes a great wake to surf or board behind for $29,999 is Great in todays economy. I personally really want to surf behind one and see how it is.

As for the tower when I first saw pictures fo that tower on an enzo I thought it looked Horrible. However after seeing it for a while now I can't wait to get my new boat with this tower. I think it is my new favorite tower on the market. Hopefully this little boat will help some dealers move some boats. It is tough out there right now. Also As A Team rider for Centurion I want to thank all our dealers for doing what they do and standing behind a great boat. You guys are the ones out there puching Centurion to new customers and taken care of old ones to keep them happy. I love Centurion Boats in I am very appreciative of my relationship with them.

Thank You

I guess it goes to show a manufacturer can make pretty much any legacy boat as long as they still have the molds...

I personally don't see it selling all that well but I have been wrong before. I'm just glad they did not try a "me too" pickle fork.

It is true Jet boats are selling but I am not convinced this boat will sway too many prospective jet buyers.

To gain market share I'd rather see centurion diversify into multi use boats. Master craft was onto something with their Fish/Ski inboard CSX... and in true master craft style they killed it by pricing it at 125K.

Take an Avalance (probably the best riding centurion) and fit a center console, wells, scuppers, add some bow flare above the rub rail to gain a little more sea handling and you have the idea. There are significant mold costs but I think they'd at least break even. How many centurion dealers maintain a fishing oriented brand alongside their towsports line?

Centurion already has runabout versions of most of their hulls but in my opinion they have not made much effort to set them apart and market them in their own right.

Keamo    0

The boat was first built and marketed in 1996 as the Centurion Wave. The sales were dismal at best so the molds were sold to Gekko and renamed the Bazooka. Unfortunately, they had even less success with it. The only things worse than their sales, were the warranty records. I hope Mr. Lee isn’t planning on filling them with concrete again.

The real news is that the Gekko Boat Company has been acquired by Fineline and Mark Overby, Gekko’s founder has taken the marketing job at Fineline. Thru this acquisition the molds have found their way back home. This is taking recycling to the extreme! Unfortunately I’m pretty sure this recycling effort isn’t going to have an affect on global warming.

post-380-1226947861_thumb.jpg

post-380-1226947868_thumb.jpg

post-380-1226947874_thumb.jpg

post-380-1226947889_thumb.jpg

post-380-1226947895_thumb.jpg

post-380-1226947900_thumb.jpg

Keamo    0

When the boat was first conceived, Rick Lee felt the swim step would be a great place for people to hang out on and watch the action. Now, with all the regulations and carbon monoxide issues, no one would even attempt to design a boat like that today. Another issue with the platform was, if the driver wasn’t carful the stern wave could sink the boat and the three ports are the only way to service the rudder and shaft seal. Not a fun job.

Surfdad    0

Hey Keamo,

I'm not busting your chops, I'm just really interested in the paper trail of this latest transaction. As I understood it, and I could be totally wrong, but the assets of Gekko were sold to IMAR. IMAR then sold to Challenger Powerboats and once again the assets if Gekko were sold to CP, INC. CP Powerboats filed BK and Mr. Overbye retrieved his assets from the courts. In looking at the security agreement where the Gekko assets were transferred from IMAR to CP there doesn't appear to be a Bazooka mold. Does that mean that Mr. Overbye held title to that mold the whole time?

I may be warped, but I think it looks like a fun little boat. :D

I checked with Centurion and they tell me that Gekko never owned the molds. When Fineline was building the Gekko's for Mark Overbey he wanted a wakeboard boat without spending the money to design one of his own. So Rick Lee told him that they could build the Wave for him and put whatever model name he wanted on it. So Mark chose Bazooka and they built them until 2003 for him. When he sold to Imar all of the molds he owned where shipped to Fargo. The Bazooka mold that was in Merced was put into storage. The mold that was in Woodland was sent to the landfill in 2007 as part of a cleanup of the storage yard as they did not have any kind of indoor storage for the old models of molds.

That should clear up this conversation.

Surfdad    0

Thanks C Skier, that makes sense. It's consistent with the documents filed with the SEC and logically makes sense. Fineline was producing the Bazooka for Gekko and would just bill for the production, Gekko didn't have to lay out any additional funds for the molds.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..