Silverwake

2008 Centurion NASCAR boats

Silverwake    0

Has anyone heard anything about a new set of NASCAR boats? I saw some pics. of some in the gallery (I think EnzoKing posted them). I didn't think Centurion was going to bring any new designs out. If they are making those new ones, how much of the graphics are in the gel-coat? I thought the American flag one looked pretty cool (I think it was a Valvoline boat).

Kevin Baugh    78

Don

All of the Nascar boats that I have seen where all stickers. Most had some customers colors to match the cars other than that stickers

Bigshow    0

What does the NASCAR option run? I heard that it was $10,000. I've seen some very impressive wraps and I hear that they run about $2,000. For me the NASCAR thing is interesting for about two minutes. I guess because I'm not a NASCAR guy. If a cool wrap cost 1/5th of the NASCAR option I think it would make a lot of sense to go that way instead.

The Centurion in gel graphics are pretty good as is. If someone needs more maybe a wrap is the way to go.

tgaugh    2

I am guessing the campaign is from the racing roots...I am not a NASCAR guy, so it's far fetched for me. Now, had it been NFL, that would be different. I've only seen them at Surf Expo last year and never known anyone to get one or see one on the lake. I guess it's perfect if it's your thing.

I'm with Bigshow though, you could wrap it, but you'd have to find someone that would wrap with no licensing for the sponsors/drivers which could be a chore - and risk if ever identified.

Here in North Florida NASCAR is huge. NASCAR is definitely not my thing though. My Centurion Dealer (Blackwater Sportboats) has a red # 8 one that he can not move. It's a sweet looking boat though. I think he had it priced around 70. I bet it could get bought for a lot less though.

VaBeachBum    0

Yeah, the $10k premium on the boats make them hard to sell. I had taken one out one weekend at Lake Gaston on an attempted sales venture. It was a Red Enzo #8. I got compliments all over the place, but when it comes down to it....I don't think many people are going to buy a novelty boat with a $10k premium.

That boat ended up selling later on. But it was not before the customer requested that all the stickers be removed and the extra price tag as well. The stickers had to be boxed up and sent back to the factory as proof that the NASCAR licensing was not being used.