Sign in to follow this  
Oldwakedude

Enzo 230 Ballast System

Oldwakedude    0

Upgrading my 2008 Enzo Ballast system, came with the 4 tanks (middle side and aft side) which is about 900#s they say. I've ordered the Enzo sac for the Port and plan to remove the starboard aft hard tank for a 750 sac. Also plan to put two 400# sacs in the bow. Probably won't be able to fill the bow sacs completely, but I wanted as much flexibility as I could install for wakeboarding and surfing. The info I am looking for if anyone knows is what size hose comes in the factory ballast system. Unfortunately I am at the Houston house and the boat is at the LA house so I can't run out and check it and I want to order the fittings before I go out at the end of the month so I can do the install and go out riding. Understand from previous threads that the drain pumps will easily unscrew from the hard tanks and go into the HF sacs. Any comments would be appreciated.

Joe B    17

Go to Lowes or HD and buy 3/4" non-mettalic electrical conduit. They have 3/4" PVC connectors if you need to extend anything. The tubing for hoses and water sprinkler systems kink and collapse and the reinforcement on the electrical conduit matches stock tubing Exactly.

If you are extending the electrical wires stock wiring is 16 guage and also buy heat shrink waterproof butt connectors.

I wrote up the 'Avalanche Sac' thread over in Modifications and it has some pictures of removing tanks and extending plumbing for an Enzo sac.

Not a hard job at all. Go for it.

Oldwakedude    0

Thanks Joe, I did the sprinker hose in my Elite V-drive ballast system, but I hear what you are saying about it kinking. I saw your other thread, thanks it was helpful, nice to know there are no real surprises ahead. Curious as to why you call out non-metalic conduit rather than PVC?

How well do the 3/4 npt fitting screw into the fat sacs? Guy I talked to at Barefoot Int. said that the threads will screw in but they are not the same.

Do you know what fittings come on the Enzo sac from the factory?

WakeDoc    471
Curious as to why you call out non-metalic conduit rather than PVC?

The metalic has a spiral of wire and the non-metalic has a spiral of plastic to keep it from kinking. The factory is 3/4" hose.

How well do the 3/4 npt fitting screw into the fat sacs? Guy I talked to at Barefoot Int. said that the threads will screw in but they are not the same.

The insert in the sac is plastic and a straight thread, the 3/4" npt is a tapered thread, they are not the same. You can force the 3/4" npt into the sac but, if you cross thread or mess up the sac threads, which if I remember correctly is not more than about 1/4" in length of threads the sac is shot. Buy the correct fittings.

Do you know what fittings come on the Enzo sac from the factory?

I believe they come with plugs for all but, one hole and one fill for it.

I screwed the W736 into the sacs and connected the W742 (see pic below) to the fill, drain and over flow hoses, it is worth spending the extra $$$, this way you can easily disconnect the lines from the sac to pull it out of the boat.

On another note, send me a PM we are in Houston and are out just about every weekend.

fittings.JPG

Oldwakedude    0

Thanks, that was my plan, just trying to confirm what I have been hearing. For the drain pump plan to use the W730 & W734, quick connect sac to Tsunami pump threads , I understand the Tsunami has 3/4 straight pipe thread. Sounds like all the sacks come with one W730 so all I need is the Tsunami adapters. Was thinking about using 1" fittings but if the factory hose is 3/4 I'll just use 3/4 fittings all the way around.

When they were talking about non-metalic conduit I was thinking pipe, you all are talking about flexible, I'm onboard now.

Side note - Wakedoc, your inbox is full

WakeDoc    471
Thanks, that was my plan, just trying to confirm what I have been hearing. For the drain pump plan to use the W730 & W734, quick connect sac to Tsunami pump threads , I understand the Tsunami has 3/4 straight pipe thread. Sounds like all the sacks come with one W730 so all I need is the Tsunami adapters. Was thinking about using 1" fittings but if the factory hose is 3/4 I'll just use 3/4 fittings all the way around.

When they were talking about non-metalic conduit I was thinking pipe, you all are talking about flexible, I'm onboard now.

Side note - Wakedoc, your inbox is full

In the off season I am going to re-route drain pumps and hard mount them in the engine compartment so all I will have in the locker is the sac and hose.

inbox cleaned try it again.

Oldwakedude    0

I like that idea better, think I'll modify my plan, probably use the 1" fittings on the drain.

Packrat    13

Don't know if you did this but you really should add extra fittings to the Enzo Sack so you can have 2 fill and 2 empty lines as and 2 vent lines well as an extra fitting on top to burp the sack or use an extra Tsunami pump to fill the sack quickly if you don't have a lot of time.

Thanks to WakeDoc I ordered my Starboard Enzo Sack with 4 top fittings and 4 bottom rear fittings.

If fly high is backed up you probably could still call them and update your sack fittings if you like.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Packrat

WakeDoc    471

Packrat,

I can not remember if I posted (can not fin the post) or I answered you PM about the ballast, if it was a PM can you post it here. It was where I was describing how to use both ballast puppies to fill the Enzo sac.

Oldwakedude    0

Yes this is a good plan, unfortunately I already ordered the sacs and am to impatient to send them back and order new ones. I'll try this one for a while and if the filling and draining time get to be an issue I'll order a new one and pass this one on to some lucky young Enzo owner. I've got some ideas on how to manage it with the three fittings, we'll see how good my ideas are.