dirtracer27x

fiber glass enclosure

ok so i decided to free up some room under the locker.building a fiberglass enclosure.check it out,started with some cardboard templates,then cut and fit all my peices.then i rounded all me edges and fit my ring and fleece,right now i have finish my first round of resin.ill post some more pics as i go.

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

o yea this is in my 03 hurricane,wonder if this would fit in any other centurions?

DavidEM    1

27x,

Thats excellent. Given that this is a subwoofer application rather than a component pod, are you going to reinforce that fleece with any fiberglass matt?

Also, for some reason I thought that you would be running twin woofers in there.

David E.M.

yes i will reinforce on the inside so as to keep body filler prep to a minimum.i was going to run two subs in there but im trying to keep as much usable space as i can.the other jl 12w6 i will put under drivers seat and also will be able to run a third sub in the rear locker when were just gonna go hang out.

still lookin for a old school jl audio 12w6 d6 if anyone has one they want to sell.

Edited by dirtracer27x

lol,took em off so i wouldnt get em dirty,lol :harhar:

what in the world could be distracting you :lol:

moto_209    0

So thats how they do the nice smooth surface, Fleece? Looks good.

yup tricks of the car audio trade lol.just got done reinforcing inside of box,will do a few more layers tonite and hopefull start body filler tommorow.i have to say if anyone trys this i would advise making it accesible from the rear,would make the reinforcing much easier,and cleaner.

moto_209    0

Need more pics :good: are you making a shell or are you going to keep the mdf inside?

i am gonna keep the mdf,i have it cut perfectly to the hull.i was going for getting as much room as i could get under there.fdits very nice,uses up all the space on the leftside.i have a few more pics ill post in about a hour.

ok so here are a few pics,i glassed up the inside this morning with about 3 packs of fiberglass matte from wally world(about 24sqft or 2.66 yds).i have to say that if i do this again(and i probably will,i have 3 friends that want them built already)i will build so the back is removable for easier glassing.was a pain in the arse but i got er done :crazy: .i went thru about a half gallon of marine epoxy i had left over from my old malibu rotten floor job :pardon: .next i started with the body filler,tommorow i will sand i do a second pass of filler.still up in the air if i am going to paint or just carpet it.was doing this on a budget and i know paint will cost more,i have everything but no black layin around so i would have to buy some,as well as some high build primer.not to mention all the prep work for the paint,so carpet might be what comes next,lol,and i am a flooring contractor so this would be rather easy :).well see tommorow i guess how i feel :drinks:

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

moto_209    0

Are you mounting it to the boat? Any porting? think i might have a quick last minut winter project underway :spiteful:

yes im gonna silicone a peice to the side of the hull(silicone works as good as liquid nails and easier for removal if i ever have to)and mount to floor.this will be a sealed enclosure for my old school jl 12w6.not sure on cuft yet but when im done ill fill with some packing foam and measure its internal volume.i might eventually change subs but not sure yet.my soundstream rubicon slams the 12w6 even in a crappy prefab box,so well see.i plan on runnin 2 12w6 and a 10w6 all old school version 1.went with all soundstream rubicons(i know there is better but i was on a budget)and am just waiting for the new crescendo 6.5 comps to arrive(there a great comp at a great price)pretty loud now but i want to get rid of the 6.5 polk mm coax,there just temperary.

o yea what boat do you have?wonder if this one would fit?i saved the templates as i have a friend with the same boat,except he want 2 10",well see how she cuft out at the end.

ok so i think i finally finished(dont know why i said finally because i just started this project on saturday lol)

so today i woke up and decided to finish with the body work.was gonna spray a 2 stage but i didnt have th eblack and clear so i went el cheapo with some cans of duplicolor,worked ok i guess.i probable could have took my time on the finish of the paint but decide it was never really gonna be seen.here are some of my final pics.fits perfectly and i was happy with the sound,much deeper than my little prefabbed box.now all i have to do is clean up a few wires and then clean up all the dust i made in my garage :spiteful:

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

moto_209    0

Nice work. (no ones looking right,I have a Calabria Pro V 2007) one last dumb question. I was wondering how you got the mdf ring that the speaker mounts to to stay up until you glassed it? Very nice job by the way.

Here is my old style. need a new box in either the rear lockers or make a new one in the front. I just hate giving up locker space because its usually filled with gear.

post-2450-0-94505300-1304004126_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

Nice work. (no ones looking right,I have a Calabria Pro V 2007) one last dumb question. I was wondering how you got the mdf ring that the speaker mounts to to stay up until you glassed it? Very nice job by the way.

Here is my old style. need a new box in either the rear lockers or make a new one in the front. I just hate giving up locker space because its usually filled with gear.

post-2450-0-94505300-1304004126_thumb.jpg

No haters here we take owners of all makes except mastercraft LOL.............H

i cut a 1"x1" peice of wood at the proper angles for my ring,then screwd it in from front and back.ouec i was done with first round of resin i was able to remove and start the reinforcement inside.when i routered out my ring i did my outside diameter and then i routered out the inside.but i left 4 small 1/2" areas attached so i could cut out center ring easier.if that maks sense,you can also by some rings prefabbed on ebay,but there like $15-$17 shipped to your door.it cost me $15 for half sheet of 3/4" mdf lol.

Edited by dirtracer27x

:good: i also hate giving up space thats why i did this project.it actually makes for lots of space.i probably could have fit both 12" under drivers console,but my boat has a foot rest there and also the seat pedestal is a raised fiberglass box.so it makes it alittle tight to get in there. Edited by dirtracer27x

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..