VaBeachBum    0

I didn't take any pictures of my install. I was just trying to get done in a certain period of time. I have not changed out the lights in the rear storage compartments yet, ran out of time.

I put a 6 light cluster under the observer seat, and without anything in the compartment, it really has no effect. The black carpet kinda washes it out. Once you put some gear in there, it really lights up. I don't think I'm going to do one in the engine compartment or the vents. The vents face outward, and I didn't want to run the risk of having green lights on both sides of my boat. Not very save for night time travel.

WakeDoc    471

Never seen a boat with lime green must look sick!!! Let's see some pics!!!

WakeVB    0

Yeah chip, come on man! In all fairness his boat is in the dealer's showroom/storage area, its going to be a little tough for you to get good pics!

VaBeachBum    0

What do you mean, mibliss?

Are you saying that if the red/black is crossed we have a problem?

Ok ok, I'll try to get some pics up of it. It has to be at night once the shop is closed because so much daylight comes through the windows. I'll see what I can do. If not, I'll be pulling out of storage soon anyway, and it will be at my house. I can easily get some night time shots then.

duramat    462

VA ~ pics! I too want to see the green!

wakeupnride    0

I just got my leds from Superbright and Oznium. After all the blue talk I couldnt help it and got blue anyway. I just couldnt get crazy about red, and I thought it would look the best on my boat. Anyway, I'm putting some waterproof flexible strips under my platform and also in the vents on its own switch, and the rest of the interior on another switch. I know most people just tap into the nav lights, but I thought this way I don't need to worry about any legalities.

"What blue lights officer?".......

duramat    462

Wakeup, Pics! especialy with the flexible strips, and how are you getting your switchleg out to em? hole in the hull? I may have some pics coming my way with the underwater transom lighting from the factory. They were promised to me and Im following up on it right now. Im curious as to how they look in the water. :o

wakeupnride    0

Well what I really want is the through hull underwater lights, but those arent in the budget right now. So this is a cheaper way to get a little bit of that effect. There won't be any holes through the transom for wires so its not necesarily a permenent application. I plan to connect a + wire to one swim platform bracket on the inside of the boat and a - to the other. After placing the leds where I want them I'll connect the wires to the screws on the brackets of the platform itself. It will come on and off just like now. No plugs to dissconnect Many have done this already and it seems to work great if you don't use your boat in salt water.

I was going to do the install this weekend, but our hill is getting more snow and I may take advantage of the last open weekend to snowboard.

WakeVB    0

The blue is gonna be hot man. Just have lots of bug spray ready! LOL Good choice! I cant wait to see the swim platform projects!

VaBeachBum    0

Ok, my boy at Airtime Watersports gets all the credit for this post! He hooked it up last night, took some pictures when he was closing the store.

Some didn't turn out great, but you get the idea. First of all....I went with green to match the boat. Check it out.

post-37-1207322738_thumb.jpg

post-37-1207322751_thumb.jpg

post-37-1207322764_thumb.jpg

post-37-1207322776_thumb.jpg

post-37-1207322788_thumb.jpg

post-37-1207322798_thumb.jpg

duramat    462

VA , WOOD! that is sweet lookin, the mattman liketh alot. That green compliments your boat fo' sure :o

WakeVB    0

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh Chip. That thing is looking sick. My favorite part though is the square kicker sub glowing in the color of MONEY! That one light makes the entire thing worthwhile man!

wakeupnride    0

That green does look hot. I can't wait to get mine done. I think I'll be able to work on it some tonight. Platform may take me longer then the rest of it, as I'm debating whether or not to Line X it. I'm so tired of messing with the teak. It doesnt stay nice long enough. I have already brought power to the inside swim brackets.

WakeDoc    471
Ok, my boy at Airtime Watersports gets all the credit for this post! He hooked it up last night, took some pictures when he was closing the store.

Some didn't turn out great, but you get the idea. First of all....I went with green to match the boat. Check it out.

The green is off the hook!!!

Kramer    0

Hey guys, bringing this up again. For anyone who has a 04 T5 Comp, it doesn't have any courtesy lights?? I have the switch on the panel but definately no lights, or wiring from what I've seen. Any .02? And, without the lights or wiring, how hard would adding LEDs be?

Kramer

How are you guys getting the LED's inside the cup holder itself? Are you using just one LED and push it up from the bottom or what? I too just ordered LED's from superbright to replace all of the standard inside lights. Will add to the outside vents, rear left and right storage comparments and passenger compartment. For the rear, I ordered both the 4 step LED and the strip LED. I want to see which will look the best. As for the swim platform, I read here where you hooked one wire to the post on the inside of the boat swim platform. I have not pulled the carpet away as of yet, so how or can someone post a few pics as to how this looks during and completed? I am not putting any on the tower since Mr. Green Jeans told me that it was "unlawful". So I told him where I wanted to place them and he said it was ok. I am putting the comparment lights on a seperate switch. Do not want them burning all the time.

duramat    462

Kramer~ if you have the power and switch there, I would think it would be a matter of running the swithchleg and other wire to the locations where you want to put your lights at. Im sure you can get some simple courtesy lights and just pop in the wedge base LED in. Keep in mind they are polarity sensitive. The courtesy lights from the factory were very simple.....almost cheezy to me (im an electrician so Im biased) but they were mounted by two simple grabber screws. I dont think it would be all that hard to do it. Just some "liquid courage" as Ive heard before.