enzo101mo    98

Your right Kevin... Kal Kustom was like the middle man between the manufactor and the dealers. I know when I was looking into getting a dealership for other brands I was told by the boat builder to contact Kal Kustom.

Went to the Dallas international boat show today and spent about 3 hours roaming around. Nice to see a show; first one for me in many years as the Bay Area (CA) hasn't had a good show for some time.

Overall impressions in no particular order.

-Hundreds of boats; 10% jet ski, 5% big cruisers, 20% wake, the balance split between fishing and runabouts.

-Mastercraft and Tige had the biggest wake presence followed by Malibu.

-Some dealers, like Supra, were showing 2010 models...I find this odd.

-Centurions efforts (local dealer I know) sucked.

Notes.

-Wakeboats are still very expensive new; 65-100k new (even for some 2010). Now, I didn't negotiate at all and I am sure you could work down that number but regardless, they are a big ticket item new.

-I was most impressed by the Tige and Supreme boats. Tige had 7 boats if I recall, the wife really liked the RZ2, the lines are nice, simple and clean. The Supreme seemed to have a good bang for the buck. The 226 all up with almost every option on the boat and trailer (rims, etc) was $62k. It was roomy and simple...I hope the rep will follow through and take me surfing on it :)

-Centurion had 2 boats in the far end of an auxiliary tent where there is not much foot trafic. Not displays (see pics), just a flag, 2 boats and a table. No steps to get in them, just hang off the trailer. Disappointing sure but the Enzo still looks nice and mammoth. It is so big inside - which I like.

-I liked the Supra cargo bimini too...great idea; not new I know but I want it.

-The Epic boat was RipCurl edition and decked out too. A good price at $55k but not a surf boat.

Pics....

T

post-533-0-18335200-1296957570_thumb.jpg

post-533-0-50802500-1296957576_thumb.jpg

post-533-0-37665900-1296957717_thumb.jpg

post-533-0-88908700-1296957723_thumb.jpg

post-533-0-84102700-1296957736_thumb.jpg

post-533-0-75704300-1296957743_thumb.jpg

post-533-0-26084700-1296957749_thumb.jpg

post-533-0-34529800-1296957768_thumb.jpg

post-533-0-21870900-1296957780_thumb.jpg

Troy    234

Hey Trevor, I am going to the show tomorrow. Thanks for the pictures! Should be empty with the Super Bowl going on here in DFW. (I don't like football).

Hey Trevor, I am going to the show tomorrow. Thanks for the pictures! Should be empty with the Super Bowl going on here in DFW. (I don't like football).

Yeah should be very empty...just avoid all the traffic heading over there.

T

rammer998    0

I talked to the local dealer in the Vancouver area and they will have Enzo 230+, Falcon and a Enzo 240+ that is the "one only" designed by Jason Dussault and them that goes to the highest bidder. Its fully loaded; link of the description: http://www.dussaultapparel.com/kheren/

Hopefully they have a better set up then in the past. There space must be small again as they are only bringing 3 boats. Malibu and Mastercraft usually have the biggest areas for the wakeboard boats. Im sure its expensive to rent areas. If I remember right, it was $8-10K for a spot (3 boats) back in 2005. Although its in a smaller location this year until BC Place (football stadium) is finished in the fall. It will be a bigger show 2012

Stay tuned for pics from the Vancouver boat show (Feb 9-13)

DarksideR    1,679

Great photo's Trev. The closeup of that Supreme dash looks sweet! Way better than the other dash in the pic of the whole inside of the Supreme boat. Which one is the V226?

Troy    234

To add to Trevor's pics.

-I liked the Supreme V226, Very nice. I would of really considered a Supreme IF I seen that boat before I bought ours. According to the dealer there today, he said they were the first dealer for them in TX., which they just picked up Supreme in the last several months?.?.? I thought they had a dealer close to the OK boarder last year but could be wrong.

-The Epic (very ugly IMO) was very cool. I really liked the Neoprene interior (well at least it felt like it).

-Tige's prices are out of hand (well like most boats now) they just seemed to take a very big jump this year. A RZ2 for $99K boat show spacial, $110 before discounts? They look nice but don't care for how they are made, seem thrown together a little?

-SAN nice but little and $$$$.

-Mastercrafts $$$$

-Malibu $$$$

-Axis. Nice for the $. Would of considered when we bought ours but didn't know enough about them.

-Supra's. Didn't like the layout's. They didn't have the 21v there only 2 22ssv and 2 24ssv. Prices seemed reasonalbe.?.?

-Mooba. No.

-Centurion. Still my favorite!

Avy

P1010139.jpg

Enzo

P1010140.jpg

Epic. Interesting

P1010149.jpg

Supreme

P1010154.jpg

P1010157.jpg

link to the rest of the pics I took. Only took a total of 22. Started forgeting about the camera. It was just me and our 3 year old today. keeping up with him by myself at a place like the boat show was a chore. LOL

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x88/1niceharley/Centurion%20Boat/Boat%20show%202011/

elc    2

Cool pics guys. I am looking forward to our show but they are late this year... Usually I get to spend valentines day at the LA boat show.

the more i see the supreme v226 the more i like it. Just not sure about the dash. Looks like it came from the early 80s.....jmo

WakeDoc    471

Problem with Supreme is Kal Kustoms, they do not seem to care, out of the 2011 dash no problem put in a left over 2009 and there sales pitch seems to be based around bashing Centurion almost as bad as Tige, one of the biggest turn offs to me is people trying to sell me something by bashing their competitor instead of talking about the merits of their product.

LakeSurfer    10

the more i see the supreme v226 the more i like it. Just not sure about the dash. Looks like it came from the early 80s.....jmo

The pic above is the old dash (I know its a 2011 boat, but they have already updated the dash because negative feedback). IMO, the new dash is much better/cleaner. Here is a pic of the new dash.

post-465-0-24473800-1297103341_thumb.jpg

WakeDoc    471

That is just what I am talking about, did they update it or were they getting rid of 2010 stock on the 2011 boats? I seriously doudt they retooled in the middle of a production year because a few people complained.

elc    2

one of the biggest turn offs to me is people trying to sell me something by bashing their competitor instead of talking about the merits of their product.

+1... No matter what the product is.

LakeSurfer    10

That is just what I am talking about, did they update it or were they getting rid of 2010 stock on the 2011 boats? I seriously doudt they retooled in the middle of a production year because a few people complained.

The dash on the 2011 at the Dallas Boat show is the old 2010 dash people were complaining about for over a year now. The Dallas boat is a early built 2011 and they had not changed the dash yet. The dash I showed a pic of is the dash coming off of the assembly line now (its actually out of Jeff/James Walker's 2011 he picked up a few weeks ago).

I am not defending Supreme (I have know idea if they were just getting rid of stock parts), just stating the current facts.

Edited by LakeSurfer

desotodave    0

Problem with Supreme is Kal Kustoms, they do not seem to care, out of the 2011 dash no problem put in a left over 2009 and there sales pitch seems to be based around bashing Centurion almost as bad as Tige, one of the biggest turn offs to me is people trying to sell me something by bashing their competitor instead of talking about the merits of their product.

Weird,

I have looked at Supreme several times and none of their people has ever said one word about Centurion either good or bad, but rather about their boat will do. I am like so many others on here, I love the V226, for everything it DOES, and that it is $40K cheaper than a Centurion. I also do not like the old dash, but the new one I have seen I really do like it. I am kind of old school, and would rather have a boat WITHOUT the digital dash. I like guages in my cars and boats, no dummy lights for me!. It seems that in this day and age of overpriced boats that Supreme is the only company out there that is giving people a decent product for a decent price.

Not sure what Beef you have with Kal Kustoms, that is where my Enzo came from, and they (through my dealer) were very responsive to every issue or problem that I had. On the other hand, look at all the threads on here about someone trying to get their boat fixed, either the dealer won't handle it, and they can't get any response from the Centurion factory. Listen, I don't have a horse in this race, other than my 2008 Enzo 230. I don't work for either company, but I also have no loyalties to either Kal Kustom or Centurion. I see people beating up KK, but at the same time I have not seen that Centurion treats their customers any better.

Personally, I for one really appreciate a company like Supreme (no matter who owns them). Here is why, I just bought a brand new F150 with the New Ecoboost engine, Platinum edition with EVERYTHING on it!!! I drive my truck every day, and I paid around $50K for the truck. Here in Utah we have MAYBE a 7 month boating season. Paying $110K (more than twice what I did for my daily driver) for an Enzo than can only be used part of the year seems CRAZY to me! Somebody needs to be there for the person who wants a good boat, but is not made of cash. From everything I have read, that company is Supreme.

Big Po    1

The pricing is just another reason I'm happy I went used. My boat payment takes up alot of my income already, but I am making do. If my boat had cost any more money than I spent, I would never have been able to afford it. I just don't understand why Centurion had to get all greedy and start charging SAN and Mastercraft prices for their boats? I thought Centurion was suppose to be the "best bang for your buck", a good boat that is very versitile and functional, yet doesn't have the pricetag that some of the other major manufacturer's charge so it was more affordable by more people... What happened to that company I have read and heard so much about in the past?

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Enzo, and I will continue supporting Centurion....But it will only be from a used spectrum since their pricing has gotten rediculously out of hand.

LakeSurfer    10

I am like so many others on here, I love the V226, for everything it DOES, and that it is $40K cheaper than a Centurion.

In Dallas, the price difference is not $40K, it is more like $15K. Right now, I can by the 226 in this thread for about $57K and I can buy the Enzo 240 pictured above for about $69K. Quality wise these two boats are not in the same league. I am not saying the 226 is not a nice boat, I am just saying the inside of the new Enzo is much nicer. I can however buy a new Avalanche for what they want for the 226 (both 22 ft boats, but I know the 226 has more room with the pickle fork). You have to compare the new Enzo to the Bu 23/247. You also need to take into account depreciation over the 3 yrs and the fact that Supreme does not even make their own boats (Calabria makes Supreme boats for them) In Dallas, Centurion/Supreme depreciate much faster because they do not have near the presence as SAN/Bu/Supra/MC, etc.

The problem I think a lot of us have is that we want a boat that is nicely equipped for $50K and the Supreme/Sanger/MB Sport is trying to fill that void. I was actually more exited about the 226 when it was rumored to be in the high $40/low $50K.

Side note: I also have a KK boat and they have been fine to work with when I had a few issues to get worked out.

Big Po    1

My local Centurion dealer on my lake sells the new boats for MSRP, and might budge $10K tops..... So, you'd still be looking at almost, if not more than, $100K for a new Enzo 230 after taxes and all.