CdnWakesurfr

Off Season Fitness Challenge

This year I have gone from 242# to holding 200# steady.

This winter my wife & I are planning on doing P90X (tired of treadmills).

Everyone doing it might check their health insurance companies and see if they have any programs/incentives to lose weight. I found out (after the fact) that our insurance company gives you $500 if you lose 10% of your weight (if you are over weight) within 6 months. I had Dr. appt. weigh-ins and that was good enough for their records and I got the $500. The kicker is that if I keep it off or lose more they will give me an additional $1,000!!!

It might be something worthwhile to look into.

islander033    2

Just got back from "paid Jail" for 26 days. Down to 193lbs from 200lbs. :)

duramat    462
Just got back from "paid Jail" for 26 days. Down to 193lbs from 200lbs. :beer:

:)

I'm hugging 190 still (1 month later) I go back to the slope Wednesday :(

I did a bike ride with my boys up in the hills last week, BIG DIFFERENCE going from sea level (working out) and then get a workout at 4000'. LOL

islander033    2

I need to go back to paid jail. Dropping weight at home is way harder. Down to 191lbs from 193lbs. :animier:

Ramzety    1

If your looking for a great total body work out that really works check out crossfit.com and find a "BOX" near you and try the on ramp program. Most locations offer a free class every saturday to see if crossfit is for you. Check it out if your looking for a change...

islander033    2

Down to 185lbs, thanks to the crappy food at my last paid jail :)

Anyone else making progress?

duramat    462
Down to 185lbs, thanks to the crappy food at my last paid jail

Dang you..Now I have to kick it up a notch :wallbash:

Ive been splurging again.....infact I just finished two plates of this for lunch watching the Chicago/Seatle game... :whistle:

post-50-0-79692700-1295212158_thumb.jpg

Im probably up 5-7 lbs. (195'sh) :wallbash:

islander033    2

Dang you..Now I have to kick it up a notch :wallbash:

Ive been splurging again.....infact I just finished two plates of this for lunch watching the Chicago/Seatle game... :whistle:

post-50-0-79692700-1295212158_thumb.jpg

Im probably up 5-7 lbs. (195'sh) :wallbash:

If I was eating at your camp I'd be gaining too.=@

Down to 185lbs, thanks to the crappy food at my last paid jail :)

I'm under 180lbs, but have shifted weight around quite a bit. Kicking it into high gear now, rowing 3-6 miles a day and lifting weights.

saskyrider    0

I started P90X back in October because as mentioned above most "normal" lol people's metabolism slows as they get older. Until i was 30 i could eat drink whatever i pleased and wouldn't gain a lb! Then over the course of 3 years i went from 180 to 195, then i broke my arm badly riding motocross and while sitting around waiting for that to heal i ballooned up to 208!! I was out wakeboarding with some buddies that i use to ride with back in the day and it really bummed me out... they were still going hard and i was wiped and couldn't keep up. That did it for me!!!!! i finished round 1 on Jan 7th and am currently back to 185lbs and way stronger than i was before i started gaining weight, plus it was excellent continued rehab for my right arm.... gained flexibility and major strength back. I'm currently on a maintenance program consisting of resistance training for my upper body and hockey for cardio and legs. I'm going to start another round of P90X when hockey is done. If you want a great guide for proper food nutrition go to the beachbody website and look up "michi's ladder" its and excellent guideline. I have a copy of it taped to our fridge!!

cheers

geoff

duffymahoney    10

I have gone from a high of 180 to roughly 166 yesterday! I can tell you that -14 pounds adds a ton of pop and drive for surfing:)

Joe B    17

I gained about 8 lbs over the holidays to about 155. Yeh I'm a lightweight but wow it's really hard to get back into a routine. Not sure if it's because I'm fighting off a cold or it hasn't been above freezing for 2 months? Used to be able to run foreever but gotta push to 3 miles. Hope it gets better. Dropped 3 lbs from eating better, want to now turn 5 lbs of fat to muscle. Might take a swing at P90x and signed up for some running races to set a goal.

saskyrider    0

If you haven't boughten anything yet you should decide what your main goal is... gain muscle and size or stay lean with increased cardio performance.... P90X the lean version is a decent way to improve cardio but Insanity is probably a better option. IF you want to gain size then P90X classic or doubles is a better choice... both are excellent programs that will push you to the limit!!

geoff

duramat    462

I hate you. LOL what are you doing?

I'm mid 190's still. I wasn't able to hit the gym much this last hitch (studying for some tests)

I did try the elliptical for the first time though, I liked it. It was smoother on the body than running.

islander033    2

I hate you. LOL what are you doing?......

I'm drinking lots of water (~3L/day), no soda pop and limited amounts dairy products.

Lots of Black Ops for exercise ...LOL.

Edited by islander033

Is it time to check in? I haven't managed to lose any weight at all!

In fact, I've gained about 10lbs, but lost about 2-1/2 inches on the waist - so all in, I guess I'm not complaining!

Wake up feeling great, can get out and be active for hours and not feel wiped!

duramat    462

Agh crap this thread came back to life.....

I'm still hugging low 190's, however my fatmass (fat tush) went down 3% from 90 days ago. I'm back to running on the dreadmill and nit so much on the elyptical, I've noticed a difference. I've been doing some more crunches with 15lb weights. My mile times are in the mid 7's (treadmill) and I'm doing a 5K run fundraiser this Saturday.

I still try to watch my portions and stick with only cheerios in the morning with a banana. (i hate cold cereal)

Overall, I'm still better than a year ago, and didn't make the move to 36's (which was about there)

I failed at tonights dinner....lots of good pizza at Mooses Tooth pizzeria/pub in Anchorage :thumbsup:

Agh crap this thread came back to life.....

Oops

Overall, I'm still better than a year ago, and didn't make the move to 36's (which was about there)

36 isn't so bad, I was pushing 40!

duramat    462

LOL I'm wanting back into 32's or even better.....30's

I'm down 26lbs from a year ago