Bigcatpt    408

Also if you were switching sides wouldn't you have 4 of these massive pumps going? I mean draining one sac and filling the other?

I have no idea what switching sides means.... :unknw: :unknw: LMAOROTF :rofl: :rofl:

duffymahoney    10

The worst part is I am regular and my goofy wave is better then my regular wave! Dammit!

Bigcatpt    408

We are setting up Surfmoochers boat with 2 Johnson pumps that can be used to fill/empty the custom sacs on either the port or starboard side. Then each custom sac will also have 2 mayfair pumps on them for draining. So if we are just filling and emptying one side we will have 2 pumps to fill and 4 to empty. If we are switching sides then we can use the 2 Johnsons to fill the one side while the mayfairs are emptying the other side. Should work great!!!

LakeSurfer    10

Wow that is pretty fast! Is that with just 2 pumps like your diagram shows or did you install crossovers so that 4 pumps could be used. I thought Bigcatpt had the same system (on one side only) and was in the 7 minute range (not sure, just kinda remember mention of 7 minutes.

my guess my sacs are about 1,400lbs so I was expecting about a 6 min fill. I am only running 2 pumps to each side but each pump is being fed off of its only thru-hull. I am also running 1" lines.

Edited by LakeSurfer

LakeSurfer    10

What rpm do you have to hold for the pumps to get enough juice?

the boat is winterized so the engine was not running. They just dropped it down the ramp and filled off of the batteries .I have 2 starter and 2 stereo so I have plenty of juice. They were also only 3 pumps at one time (running 2 of the new Johnson Pumps and the ballast puppy on the center tank)

LakeSurfer    10

Also if you were switching sides wouldn't you have 4 of these massive pumps going? I mean draining one sac and filling the other?

all of the pumps are on their own switch. I never switch sides, but if I did I would run just one pump to empty and one pump to fill. Which would take about 12 minutes to switch. I might be able to run all 4, but not sure I want to do that to my batteries.

I set the system up so I have a lot of flexibility (just in case some of my friends want to wakeboard, etc) and its 100% automated. I dont have to turn any manual valves, etc.

Edited by LakeSurfer

duffymahoney    10

Looks like a good system:) I have been thinking my next system will be all rule 1600 pumps. Just the pumps alone would be 1k! lol

Bigcatpt    408

all of the pumps are on their own switch. I never switch sides, but if I did I would run just one pump to empty and one pump to fill. Which would take about 12 minutes to switch. I might be able to run all 4, but not sure I want to do that to my batteries.

I set the system up so I have a lot of flexibility (just in case some of my friends want to wakeboard, etc) and its 100% automated. I dont have to turn any manual valves, etc.

I think its a kick a$$ system!!

Did you have enough empty spaces on your switch panel to put all 5 switches?

We are one space short on surfmoochers panel. Any one know a good way to just add a single switch somewhere where it will look good?

Wiggles    2

Looks like a good system:) I have been thinking my next system will be all rule 1600 pumps. Just the pumps alone would be 1k! lol

Hey Duffy,

Those 1600's look pretty good but what about the rule 3800.... Would these work do you think, since it says its not a high pressure pump?? I was thinking one or two of these would fill a custom sac pretty good, and quick.

The only challenge I can see would be finding the room to mount them somewhere below the water line...

Wiggles

LakeSurfer    10

I think its a kick a$$ system!!

Did you have enough empty spaces on your switch panel to put all 5 switches?

We are one space short on surfmoochers panel. Any one know a good way to just add a single switch somewhere where it will look good?

All 5 are on my switch panel (see pic I posted above). I put them into my last two open slots.

h20king    794

Big if moocher needs more switch receptacles the easy fix which I am hoping will look cool because I am out of receptacles as well is to add a wetsounds 420 EQ and use a mount similar to the one in the pic its a win win you get a LED EQ mount and room for three more switches I scored the mount for a $100 shipped it was an easy sell to the wife and if you check with Tim at wetsounds they sometimes have B stock 420 EQ'S which they will sell for a little less coin...............H

post-777-0-04087400-1299800025_thumb.jpg

duramat    462

I have no idea what switching sides means.... :unknw: :unknw: LMAOROTF :rofl: :rofl:

It means your a tinkerbelle!

DarksideR    1,679

It means your a tinkerbelle!

:thumbsup::lol::lol::lol:

Sporty    4

Nice job! 7 minutes is awesome! How many gallons is an Avy sac? You gotta feel good about that system!

Surf :surfing2: on!

Sporty    4

Hey Duffy,

Those 1600's look pretty good but what about the rule 3800.... Would these work do you think, since it says its not a high pressure pump?? I was thinking one or two of these would fill a custom sac pretty good, and quick.

The only challenge I can see would be finding the room to mount them somewhere below the water line...

Wiggles

I use Rule 17A's 3800's, 1 each to empty my enzo sacs. Not much sense in filling in 4 minutes if you can't empty just as fast! I mounted them on the stringers beside the engine mounts. They work good!

duffymahoney    10

I use Rule 17A's 3800's, 1 each to empty my enzo sacs. Not much sense in filling in 4 minutes if you can't empty just as fast! I mounted them on the stringers beside the engine mounts. They work good!

How fast is the empty?

LakeSurfer    10

This upgrade was about $1,900. $600 for Labor, $700 for Pumps/switches and $600 for Other (hose, fittings, clamps, Valves, etc). Pricey, but well worth it for me. I figure it will get me an extra 30 minutes each time I go out surfing with the guys. May not sound like much, but when you generally only get away to surf in 3 hr increments, it adds up.

Actually picking the boat up today, then it goes directly to the stereo guy for new tower/underwater lights. Should have her in the water end March/1st April!

Sporty    4

How fast is the empty?

Theoretical is 3 minutes, 180 gals at 60 gals minute, but you all know theoretical is not reality. These pumps are all rated at best case with nothing on the outlet and no fittengs hose etc. Reality is just under 5 minutes. I also use a Tsunami 1200 on each bag as exit pumps as I already had them and kind of wanted some redundency in case of a pump failure. It seems like it should be actually faster with 5000 total gph pump capacity on the drains. 5 minutes however is more than acceptable!

I did not have any check valves last year and I think that is most likley affecting the pump performance. I now have the valves and should be installing in the near future, so this may get a bit better.

Sporty

duffymahoney    10

Theoretical is 3 minutes, 180 gals at 60 gals minute, but you all know theoretical is not reality. These pumps are all rated at best case with nothing on the outlet and no fittengs hose etc. Reality is just under 5 minutes. I also use a Tsunami 1200 on each bag as exit pumps as I already had them and kind of wanted some redundency in case of a pump failure. It seems like it should be actually faster with 5000 total gph pump capacity on the drains. 5 minutes however is more than acceptable!

I did not have any check valves last year and I think that is most likley affecting the pump performance. I now have the valves and should be installing in the near future, so this may get a bit better.

Sporty

I wonder if we could make some sort of gate system like the MB boats and fill and drain in like 45 seconds? Fill could be under the boat while moving forward and empty could be on the transom while also moving forward? I believe the concept just needs the sac to below waterline to fill while stopped?

Foiler    1

Sporty

I was thinking about you as I was working on my ballast system yesterday. With the exception of your system, I think mine is one of the more complicated ones. Working on these ballast systems sure is a pain in the butt, I definitely have a new respect for what you have done to your boat.

I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around how check valves could increase the performance of aerator pumps.