duramat    462
You will love a more automated system. I used to have to spend 20 minutes filling with hand held pumps and then at the end spend 20 minutes emptying with those same pumps. That means I spent 40 minutes dead in the water holding onto a pump. Now I fill on the way to the riding spot and empty on the way back to the marina. It gives me 40 extra minutes of riding time each time I go out. If time is money your system will pay for itself pretty fast!

I am almost positive emptying one side while filling the other will work seamlessly! There will be hardly any flow in/out of the thru-hull. Just transfering water from one side to the other. And with all those batteries you can run 4 pumps at once. I would just turn them on one at a time. If my Avy was a c4 model and didn't have the walk through I would be designing this very same system minus the bow weight. I never use any up there. Do it man!!!!!

I get "Ballast Envy" every time I go out on his boat. He flips a switch and and in minutes its full. Im still monkeying around with a handpump and it sucks. On the plus side, I cut my fill/dump time in half tonight! I told Knuckledragger to bring a pump of his along :animier:

So do you guys have one thru-hull intake with a 'Y' to run the two pumps, or are they inline with each other?

In essence I created a +

from the intake, it splits into three; port, center, starboard and there is a ballast puppie on each. Three pumps total.

T

SMITH    2

Great information in this thread, glad I found it! I just bought myself an 07' SV230 and want to set it up with dual Enzo Sac and a bow sac. Could I get sub-10min fill and drain times if I only use the one factory through hull intake? Obviouly I would need two pumps/Enzo Sac. Or would using a single aerator pump per sac be more efficient? Basicly, I'm after the speed and ease of use. I'll be switching surf sides everytime i go out.

Bigcatpt    408
So do you guys have one thru-hull intake with a 'Y' to run the two pumps, or are they inline with each other?

I am running one 1 1/4 thru hull and then into a "T" or a "Y" that goes to the pumps. They are not inline.

Jeff - I think this looks generally good and would be super clean.

Random notes. You might only need 50ft of hose. I used 40ft on mine and the lengths are similar but I used crossovers instead of 4 pumps. I don't know what the standard thru hull sizes are but I used 1inch hose and 3/4inch pvc pipe and fittings as they fit perfectly inside the 1inch hose. I think you'll want check valves on the vents so you can completely drain (raisin) the bags.

T

Bigcatpt    408

a couple thoughts...

Use Johnson ultra ballast pumps instead of the jabsco ballast puppies. Same price and a lot faster flow and no impeller sticking problems.

Your parts list is pretty short. Take a look at my parts list on my ballast diagram on the blog and you will see there is quite a lot you are missing.

Just a few off the top of my head.

PVC reducers to go from 1 1/4 to either 1" or 3/4"

Hose clamps

Wire, electrical connectors, and other electrical supplies

One way valves on overflow like Trev mentioned.

Also I would really suggest you design in an aux fill line so that you can just pull out the hose and fill as sac on the seat, on the transom, or in the bow. I have two designed into mine and they are great!!!! They also work well for emptying water out of the bottom of your boat when a wave swamps you....

You will need a manual check valve or two in the system if you build in Aux fill lines. But if you ever fill a seat sac or transom sac you gotta do it.

Your system is gonna rock!!!

Also I would really suggest you design in an aux fill line so that you can just pull out the hose and fill as sac on the seat, on the transom, or in the bow. I have two designed into mine and they are great!!!! They also work well for emptying water out of the bottom of your boat when a wave swamps you....

You will need a manual check valve or two in the system if you build in Aux fill lines. But if you ever fill a seat sac or transom sac you gotta do it.

i was just going to say this.

if you do decide to do that, i personally think the center stock pump would be the one to use, only because its going to the 250 center which doesnt take that long to finish.

you never konw when you want more!

it looks like its going to be a good looking clean install when its done. i cant wait.

LakeSurfer    10
a couple thoughts...

Use Johnson ultra ballast pumps instead of the jabsco ballast puppies. Same price and a lot faster flow and no impeller sticking problems.

Your parts list is pretty short. Take a look at my parts list on my ballast diagram on the blog and you will see there is quite a lot you are missing.

Just a few off the top of my head.

PVC reducers to go from 1 1/4 to either 1" or 3/4"

Hose clamps

Wire, electrical connectors, and other electrical supplies

One way valves on overflow like Trev mentioned.

BigCapt

I am having a local Supra dealer install this system. Therefore, I have to use the Jabsco pumps because that is what they use on their boats (just like Centurion and MC). I estimate it will cost me about 1 min in fill/empty time. I only listed the major parts since I am not installing it. I have an "other" category for clamps, electrical supplies, etc.

As for the 1-way valve, I will circle up with Trevor on that. I will also ask if the Supra dealer will add an Aux fill line. I actually have cig lighter in my back lockers so the tsunami pump does not bother me.

Thanks for everybody's input/help. I think it will be a nice system when it is all installed. It should allow me to fill/switch sides in about 7-8 min.

Bigcatpt    408
BigCapt

I am having a local Supra dealer install this system. Therefore, I have to use the Jabsco pumps because that is what they use on their boats (just like Centurion and MC). I estimate it will cost me about 1 min in fill/empty time. I only listed the major parts since I am not installing it. I have an "other" category for clamps, electrical supplies, etc.

As for the 1-way valve, I will circle up with Trevor on that. I will also ask if the Supra dealer will add an Aux fill line. I actually have cig lighter in my back lockers so the tsunami pump does not bother me.

Thanks for everybody's input/help. I think it will be a nice system when it is all installed. It should allow me to fill/switch sides in about 7-8 min.

:huh::thumbsup:

LakeSurfer    10

So after talking with the Supra guys this morning, here is what I think I am going to end up with. The major change is adding 1 more thru-hull to make sure we have plenty of water flow (it was basically about the same cost as creating a + shaped manifold to run 3 pumps). Each pump is also going to run off of its own rocker switch and be hooked up to Jabsco's timer box.

Visio_Avy_Ballast_System_for_Supra__3_thru_hull_.pdf

Edited by LakeSurfer

Bongo Fury    640
BigCapt

LakeSurfer....I have been thinking of having a system like this installed on my Falcon. I am presently filling a 750 and two 400’s with a Tsunami hand pump. Unfortunately, I do not have the skills (or courage) to do it myself. Would you mind sharing an estimate of the cost of having a system like this installed?

LakeSurfer    10

LakeSurfer....I have been thinking of having a system like this installed on my Falcon. I am presently filling a 750 and two 400’s with a Tsunami hand pump. Unfortunately, I do not have the skills (or courage) to do it myself. Would you mind sharing an estimate of the cost of having a system like this installed?

My guess is that it is about $1,400 in Parts and $800 in Labor. This file includes a break down of parts. The Supra guy is basically giving me the parts at his cost because they have guys sitting around the shop this time of year. If I was only wakeboarding, the cost would come way down (2 less pumps, 4 hr install, etc). I have found the Supra guys to be the most efficient because until 2007 they basically ran the same ballast system as Centurion. So they have done the conversion to the new Supra ballast system (3 pumps and 3 thru-hulls) several times.

I know it is expensive, but it is a lot less expensive than the new Bu LSV247 I nearly bought last week. When it gets down to it, I really like my Avy and the only thing I need to have it really decked out is to upgrade the ballast system and add a pair of Shadow-Caster under water lights.

Visio_Avy_Ballast_System_for_Supra__3_thru_hull_w_Cost_.pdf

Edited by CrewAdmin

Bongo Fury    640

My guess is that it is about $1,400 in Parts and $800 in Labor. This file includes a break down of parts. The Supra guy is basically giving me the parts at his cost because they have guys sitting around the shop this time of year. If I was only wakeboarding, the cost would come way down (2 less pumps, 4 hr install, etc). I have found the Supra guys to be the most efficient because until 2007 they basically ran the same ballast system as Centurion. So they have done the conversion to the new Supra ballast system (3 pumps and 3 thru-hulls) several times.

I know it is expensive, but it is a lot less expensive than the new Bu LSV247 I nearly bought last week. When it gets down to it, I really like my Avy and the only thing I need to have it really decked out is to upgrade the ballast system and add a pair of Shadow-Caster under water lights.

Thanks…it’s really not as bad as I thought. Great information on this thread …thanks to everyone. We were on a 2010 Bu LSV247 for a quick ride a few weeks ago. Very nice boat. My wife LOVED it! I told her we are set for a very long time, plus there is just something I really like about Centurions and being a Centurion owner. I am super happy with my Falcon and if I get the ballast automated it will make all the difference in the world. Should we ever upgrade, it will more than likely be to an Enzo SV240.

h20king    794

Lake your system is going to rock you will be happy with the jabsco pumps I have had zero problems with mine all the new ones come with green impellers that don't stick.I recommend though that you pass on the pump timers they are not needed the new jabsco's come standard with run dry protection also when the sacks are empty the tone changes and is very noticeable just one less thing that can go wrong JMTC.......................H

im trying to read all of this over and my head is going crazy.

not the placement of the pumps, but the wiring part and fuses and relays and what not.

lake, when you finish, can you please post a write up of the wiring, i have the triple ballast with sprinkler valves, and im going crazy over here.

wait, after reading this last page. youre not installing it yourself?

Edited by Avy c4 surfer

LakeSurfer    10
im trying to read all of this over and my head is going crazy.

not the placement of the pumps, but the wiring part and fuses and relays and what not.

lake, when you finish, can you please post a write up of the wiring, i have the triple ballast with sprinkler valves, and im going crazy over here.

wait, after reading this last page. youre not installing it yourself?

Well, the Supra guys have decided they dont want to drill a hole in the boat. So I am back to having to find someone to install it. I think what is going to happen is that I will beg Trevor to help add the thru-hulls, mount the pumps and run all of the hoses. We may take a stab at wiring all of the pumps, but more than likely I will have my stereo guy wire the pumps to the rocker switches.

As of now, looks like this is going to be a mod I push into the Spring. I am pretty much set on the design.

I will beg Trevor

Begging is equal to all items below or #1 and some combo of the others:

1. Cute girls in bikini tops and jean cut-offs

2. A case of Coors Light (per day)

3. Wing Stop lunch

4. You crawling into the tight areas of the boat to feed hose/wire

5. Telling me I am the best wakesurfer on the lake next time we're out. Which, frankly, will be true as I will be the only one out there

6. A bag of chips

:)

T

LakeSurfer    10

So I am finally committing to upgrading the ballast system (just bought 4 new Johnson pumps). Here is what I am thinking: It will be a 5 pump system (1 to center, 2 to each Avy sac), each pump will be on its own switch and I will add two new thru-hulls for the 4 new pumps. Each new thru-hull will run one pump to each Avy sac. The idea here is that when I fill up the regular side, I will turn on 3 pumps and each of them will be running of its own thru-hull. I estimate that fill/empty will be under 7 min. Please take a look at the diagram and let me know if I am missing anything else.

Note: The parts list says Jabsco pumps, but I went with the Johnson pumps.

Visio-Avy Ballast System (3 thru-hull w Cost) - 1-28-11.pdf

Edited by LakeSurfer

Bigcatpt    408

So I am finally committing to upgrading the ballast system (just bought 4 new Johnson pumps). Here is what I am thinking: It will be a 5 pump system (1 to center, 2 to each Avy sac), each pump will be on its own switch and I will add two new thru-hulls for the 4 new pumps. Each new thru-hull will run one pump to each Avy sac. The idea here is that when I fill up the regular side, I will turn on 3 pumps and each of them will be running of its own thru-hull. I estimate that fill/empty will be under 7 min. Please take a look at the diagram and let me know if I am missing anything else.

Note: The parts list says Jabsco pumps, but I went with the Johnson pumps.

Looks awesome! I have ballast emvy!!! :unworthy: :unworthy: