capt. speedo

91 ski centurion "BAREFOOT" outboard not BWarrior

Hey there. I'm new to this forum. I bought a ski centurion "BAREFOOT" outboard not B. Warrior comp, about 2 years ago. I can't find anything out there about this Barefoot. it is not a BW comp. It looks from the bow a little like a falcon but that was an inboard. This is an outboard. If anyone could help me find some info on this boat that would be great. I would like to repower the boat but im not sure what the max HP is. Thanks for any help :

post-1818-1280433684_thumb.jpg

Troy    234

Welcome to the Crew! Sorry I can't help with your search. Post up some pics love to see the boat.

Kevin Baugh    78

http://www.centurioncrew.com/Rare-Centurio...tml&hl=rare

That is a Barefoot Falcon I would not hesitate to put a 225 or 250 on the boat as long as the transom is solid

My preference would be the Mercury optimax engines with the tbw you could even install the Smarttow cruise control

http://www.mercurymarine.com/compare/outbo...ompare=47,46,38

Big Po    1

Hye Kevin....He could even be unique and install a "Hot Foot" like the bass boats have. How cool would that be? Too bad it only works for going forward...

dittrimd    0

I just purchased this 1990 Falcon Barefoot with a 200 HP Yamaha. It was similar to a 1993 that I used to barefoot on when I was a kid. Now I will be using it to teach my kids and do a little footin of my own!

post-1842-1281379978_thumb.jpg

outboardfan    0

Barefoot Falcon. Very nice boat. I've been looking for one in the midwest for about the last year. According to iboats.com, max hp is 225 per manufacturer. Might be an issue w/ insurance if you go over. I've looked thru a lot of websites and discussions, and I would go with either an Evinrude 225HO for the power, or a Yamaha for the reliability. Just my 2cents.

Big Po    1

Yamaha V-Max 225 or 250 is what I'd recommend. We had an old Mercury BlackMax on our old fishing boat when I was growing up and it gave us nothing but problems. After fishing with one of my good buddies for the last several years I am a believer in Yamaha outboards.

Kevin Baugh    78

Mercs have always treated me great after 15 or so barefoot boats with mercs and now 7 of the inboard mercs they have all been great engines...so I would go with a fly by wire Opti 225 or 250

retooferab    1

I have a 1999 Yamaha 225 on my Barefoot Warrior. While it's been trouble-free for the most part, it's not the best motor for water skiing or barefoot training. PLENTY powerful, but very difficult to manage off-idle speeds for such things as young skiers or teaching back barefoot deepwater starts. After years of agonizing and reading about what the problem could be, I finally discovered this motor uses a cylinder deactivation system to run on 4 at idle up to 1,800-2,000 rpms then jumps to 6. It's that transition at precisely the speed you want to keep or move smoothly through, that it alternates between "stumble" and "roar" ...very frustrating. Our ski club has experienced similar with 200 Yamahas on our Dynes, and drivers all love the Mercurys. I'd certainly research it more before dropping the money on one, but I'd stay away from Yamahas for reasons mentioned.