TH1

2002 Elite V Air Warrior Information

TH1    0

There's a 2002 Elite Vdrive Air Warrior for sale in my area with low hours and pretty decent price. Does anyone have experience with this boat regarding the wake size, ability to surf, or any maintenance issues. I've owned the same 1990 Supra direct drive for 16 years and have used fat sacs to get a decent wake which was cool before having a family of 5. Is this a good all around boat? Seems like there are nice places to store fat sacs if additional weight is needed. Any information would be appreciated.

TH1    0

It has 91 hours, perfect pass, cover, bimini, and is 23k.

David    0

The wife and I love our elite v. We mostly wakeboard but do surf a little. My only complaint with the boat is its a little underpowered powered when ballast up. Looking back on it I would have gone with the black scorpion motor instead. We run the center ballast tank full all the time. If I want to kick the wake up a little I use a 400# sac on the floor. Take the boat for a test drive and see what you think first hand. Centurion Makes a great boat, very roomy and comfortable.

elc    2

I had an 05... mechanically, it was perfect. I did not have one issue. The wake is fine for wakeboarding but as you add weight the harder it is to clean it up. If you prop that boat correctly you will not have an issue with it being under powered (unless you are at a high elevation). I ran about 1200 pounds in ours with an upgraded prop and had no issues. It was an all around great boat.

For your reference - I sold my 05 earlier this year with 250 hours on it for 26k.

Edited by elc

TH1    0

Great, thanks. Going to test drive it tomorrow, can't wait!! :thumbsup:

TH1    0
I had an 05... mechanically, it was perfect. I did not have one issue. The wake is fine for wakeboarding but as you add weight the harder it is to clean it up. If you prop that boat correctly you will not have an issue with it being under powered (unless you are at a high elevation). I ran about 1200 pounds in ours with an upgraded prop and had no issues. It was an all around great boat.

For your reference - I sold my 05 earlier this year with 250 hours on it for 26k.

Do you remember what size prop you went to? I have a couple from my Supra I could swap if need be.

elc    2

Ours was an acme 1631 but I believe in 05 these boats had a different transmission and acme recommended a 4 blade prop for the 05. There are a couple guys on here that will know what prop would be best for the 02 transmission... I believe its a 3 blade 13 x 11.5 (acme 525) but I am not positive. I called acme to get a recommendation for the 05 and they were very helpful - or you can email Bill (acme sales engineer) bweeks@acmemarine.com and let him know what boat it is and what you will use it for.

Bigcatpt    408

For the older 1:1 tranny's and running lots of ballast and/or high elevation go with either the 525 or the 653 (almost identical) or the 911.

TH1    0

Thanks for the info. The test run was awesome. I was blown away by every aspect of this boat. After a little negotiating, I bought it. The prop is 13" and the boat already has so much more power over my old supra that ill try it out for awhile. The only thing it needs is board racks and to get the tach fixed, but the one on the perfect pass works so maybe its no big deal. One question, does any one know what the chrome knob on the dash to the right of the steering wheel is for?

Troy    234
Thanks for the info. The test run was awesome. I was blown away by every aspect of this boat. After a little negotiating, I bought it. The prop is 13" and the boat already has so much more power over my old supra that ill try it out for awhile. The only thing it needs is board racks and to get the tach fixed, but the one on the perfect pass works so maybe its no big deal. One question, does any one know what the chrome knob on the dash to the right of the steering wheel is for?

LOL. The notorious Chrome knob! LOL it adjusts the speedo. Take your GPS out and adjust your speedo to read the same as your GPS.

h20king    794

PO pay attention only ten posts and TH1 owns a centurion TH1 welcome to the family we are headed down your way next month to go to Shasta hope you enjoy your new ride lots of info on this sight to get you dialed in.and as for the chrome nob to the right it seams to do different things on different boats on Columbia's avy it is a wife volume control LOL but more often than not it is the speedo adjustment

David    0

Congratulations on the purchase.

Wiggles    2

Congrats on the purchase I have an 07 I bought brand new and have over 350 Hrs on it and love it, we are able to surf, wakeboard, ski, wakeskate, and even a little tubing as well.... it is a great boat for the family to enjoy!!! :(

Let see some pics.

Edited by Wiggles

elc    2

Congrats! If you guys start adding weight and seems a little sluggish, changing the pitch (second number of the prop specs) makes a big difference.

The tach isn't a big deal... I always run our "perfect pass" in RPM mode and never use the tack on the dash.

chinocat    0

Congrats on the new ride....we have an 30 Elite V and have no problems surfing behind it....i find the speedo can be fine tuned for a low or higher speed but usually is not accurate at both...I just use the gps for speed now and it works awesome...

happy surfin

I'm looking at a 2002 air warrior with 350 hours.it is in like new condition cant find a flaw with the boat.  How do they surf? When ballasted up right? Everyone keeps saying don't get it get am avalanche.  What are your guys thoughts