Daylorb

Seadek replacement on 2005 Enzo SV230

Daylorb    3

Just finished up the replacement of the decking on my swim deck. SeaDek has a killer product - looks awesome, went on relatively easily, works great. My Enzo was slightly different size than later models, so I had to do the template kit. Hopefully they have the 2005 size in their arsenal now... Here is the project...

1) Bought used boat - came with no deck on back - just a bunch of rubber residue and a complete mess

2) Found out about SeaDek on these forums and immediately ordered template kit from SeaDek

3) Got several glue removal products - the one that worked best and didn't harm the paint was your garden-variety "Goo-off" yellow bottle. Used an entire medium-size bottle - let it soak for 30min or so, used putty knife to get most off, cleaned-it with cloth, re-applied goo-off and used cloth to get it clean. Overall about 1.5hrs and it was shiny and clean of glue

4) Measure and cut template. Made it about 1/4" smaller than recessed fitting given everything I've read. Sent in to SeaDek. Took them a while to get it made as it was spring and they were swamped. Cost was roughly $250. Picked light grey top, dark grey bottom - glad I did given how hot it can get in the blazing TX sun

5) About a month later got the new deck, installed it in about 30 min very carefully. Did it myself - but this should be a 2 person job - the adhesive they use is ridiculously sticky. One touch and it is bonded - don't mess it up!

Been using it for several months - looks and works perfectly. Fantastic product for the price - truly looks factory and makes the boat look really new. Have had several compliments how comfy the deck is. Thrilled with the results!

post-999-1278965611_thumb.jpg

post-999-1278965640_thumb.jpg

post-999-1278965667_thumb.jpg

Looks great, nice work.

I put one on over the winter and love it. One of the best upgrades this past winter.

T

Gosh I wish I could find this swim deck for my enzo. Dont care for my teak one plus previous owner banged it up a bit 

1jeffgignac    7

This is definitely on my winter to-do list for my 2009 Elite V C4. The carpet is in good shape but the snaps have started breaking off and will continue slowly but surely. From what I have read on here and other forums, the template kits are pretty easy to use.